Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair if I was Dean I'd be quite happy if that was the worst insult anyone could think up about me.  Bacon is really nice.

Anyway on the way back from Scotland we decided to book a cheap hotel in the Lake District.  Turned up and there is scaffolding over the front of it, I swear it's sinking by the minute and that there was bits of ceiling on my lemon tart for pudding.  

This man will be able to help.  Just phone the front desk.

carry+on+abroad+film.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Sorry to bring football into the thread, but names like 'Greedlish' and 'Fraudlish' to describe an ex player. 

Cringe. 

Everybody knows it's Gresford surely? 

On 12/08/2021 at 06:56, Beastmix said:

Is that ESPN FC? We get that here too and, yeah, it's entirely focused on giant CL clubs (and Spurs). Funny, but extremely biased.

I got brassed off with listening/watching a program about a league that consists of only 6 teams and stopped watching it 2/3 years ago.I tuned in after we beat Liverpool 7-2 and wish I hadent.

• Like 1

Just been booking train tickets for the togger. What a faff. Go on Avanti website. There’s no way to use my railcard on it, I could see. Go on national rail site. Pick journey, add railcard. Get discount. When it came to paying it transfer back to the Avanti website. “Change your password”. No, eff off. Close pre-filled page down, open Avanti again. Log in. Back to Nat rail, repeat journey search and railcard detail. Go to pay. This time Avanti let’s me in. But says the journey isn’t available ( it is). Change seat preference. Now it lets me buy. Then basically do that all again for the weekend after and then it tells me the local train leg might not be running. Can they make it any effing harder?

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just been booking train tickets for the togger. What a faff. Go on Avanti website. There’s no way to use my railcard on it, I could see. Go on national rail site. Pick journey, add railcard. Get discount. When it came to paying it transfer back to the Avanti website. “Change your password”. No, eff off. Close pre-filled page down, open Avanti again. Log in. Back to Nat rail, repeat journey search and railcard detail. Go to pay. This time Avanti let’s me in. But says the journey isn’t available ( it is). Change seat preference. Now it lets me buy. Then basically do that all again for the weekend after and then it tells me the local train leg might not be running. Can they make it any effing harder?

Is there a reason you have to use Avanti? All the train companies sell all the tickets.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Is there a reason you have to use Avanti? All the train companies sell all the tickets.

Well, Avanti is the operator for the WC mainline and I have an account with them (from the season ticket reduced ticket price deal), so they were my first port of call. I forgot to add that the Trainline app was my second effort, but again it couldn’t cope with my railcard. Nat Rail was the third try. You’ve got to use someone!

Now I'm not saying I've never littered before in my life, but I have never thrown a whole **** bag of trash into somebody's yard while going down the road. And oh guess what? I know these **** saw me out in my yard and still went ahead and threw the damn thing. And of course the wind has picked up and tossed the trash all over the damn place and I had to pick up the shit.

Rude **** in their fake ass Fast 'n Furious wannabe car.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Now I'm not saying I've never littered before in my life, but I have never thrown a whole **** bag of trash into somebody's yard while going down the road. And oh guess what? I know these **** saw me out in my yard and still went ahead and threw the damn thing. And of course the wind has picked up and tossed the trash all over the damn place and I had to pick up the shit.

Rude **** in their fake ass Fast 'n Furious wannabe car.

Our street seems to be a common dumping ground for people to walk their dog  and let them shit and not pick it up. Disgusting people. Also we live in a terraced street now, and an house up from us constantly throw their fag ends on the pavement . They wait until there’s about 2000 piled up then they clean it up. Really annoying. 

• Like 1

Sky have knocked the 10€ a month every PL game package on the head and are now doing a 30€ a month super package full of formula 1 and tennis shite that I've no interest in

I knew last year was too good and them words removed would be back to normal before long 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Well, Avanti is the operator for the WC mainline and I have an account with them (from the season ticket reduced ticket price deal), so they were my first port of call. I forgot to add that the Trainline app was my second effort, but again it couldn’t cope with my railcard. Nat Rail was the third try. You’ve got to use someone!

Trainline charge a "handling fee" so I don't use them. It might be that your season ticket is only recognised by Avanti on Avanti trains, which means that you are stuck with the crap site.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sky have knocked the 10€ a month every PL game package on the head and are now doing a 30€ a month super package full of formula 1 and tennis shite that I've no interest in

I knew last year was too good and them words removed would be back to normal before long 

Up here, they’re now charging just south of 70€ a month now for PL all games. Thieves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Our street seems to be a common dumping ground for people to walk their dog  and let them shit and not pick it up. Disgusting people. Also we live in a terraced street now, and an house up from us constantly throw their fag ends on the pavement . They wait until there’s about 2000 piled up then they clean it up. Really annoying. 

Think I've mentioned this before but an old mate of mine who was a bit of a nutter, well connected with the Hells Angels, noticed a person in his street letting his dog shit outside his house and leave it there. 

He got a spade and picked it up followed the bloke home and banged on his front door.  No one answered so he just shoved the dogshit through the letterbox. 

Years later when he'd completely forgotten about this he went on a coach trip with lots of local people and this family were avoiding him, when he challange them about why they were ignoring him they reminded him about the dogshit incident.  Apparently they were cowering in their house which is why no one came to the door. 

That's about the most normal story of his life, he had some tales to tell. I've never felt more out of place anywhere in my life than at his 40th birthday party full of Hells angels camping in a massive field. 

Another good one was a vet friend of his gave him some dogs testicles pickled in a jar.  He used to hang around custom bikes at bike shows talking them up just waiting for someone to come out with "it's the dogs bollocks" line before pulling his jar out and saying "no, these are the dogs bollocks" 

He gave them away as a raffle prize in the end, obviously the prize was described as the dogs bollocks. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, limpid said:

Trainline charge a "handling fee" so I don't use them. It might be that your season ticket is only recognised by Avanti on Avanti trains, which means that you are stuck with the crap site.

Not that. A third off. Nothing to do with avanti. 

11 hours ago, blandy said:

Not that. A third off. Nothing to do with avanti. 

I use my railcard on West Midlands Railway and Chiltern Railway apps / web site and I've not had any issues. Dunno.

• Thanks 1

Villa ruining my weekend, after I was looking forward to our "new exciting team".

Yes I know it's only halftime but I'm old enough to have seen this many, many times before.

spacer.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Starting relegation threads after the first game. 

Had to check and that actually happened. We should probably sack Smith and buy about every midfielder in the world too. I'll stay away for at least a week.

Â