Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Yep that worked for me for a long time tbh. Just general back strengthening exercises

I just fell out of the habit of going to the gym again

Yep, lack of gym during Covid messed things up, again. The funny thing is, you never throw your back out while carrying cement-bags or digging a huge hole in the garden, manly stuff. It's when you bend over to pet the cat or similar. *zing*-feeling and you know you have a week of annoyance in front of you

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Yep, lack of gym during Covid messed things up, again. The funny thing is, you never throw your back out while carrying cement-bags or digging a huge hole in the garden, manly stuff. It's when you bend over to pet the cat or similar. *zing*-feeling and you know you have a week of annoyance in front of you

Walking up the stairs last time I did it

• Sad 1

On 09/08/2021 at 09:19, CosmicVillan said:

Really annoying Talk Talk radio advert  " it just makes sense sense "...I have a disproportionate hatred for the bloody thing

That fecking Wowcher ad on TV. Sweet God, will ye stop? I try & hit the mute button, but obvs I'm not quick enough. Please cease & desist :wacko:

On 09/08/2021 at 09:40, Seat68 said:

My spotify account is the one linked to Alexa and google. So any music played on those devices is played from the linked Spotify account. I listen to Spotify and now it thinks I like Symphonic metal, Kpop, Crazy Frog and 80s pop.

Glad to see your tastes are improving with age. 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2021 at 10:34, StefanAVFC said:

People are being overly negative in On-Topic now purely for attention right?

What do you mean "now"? 

That's how it's always been

Wait until you have to talk people off the ledge when the team sheet is announced Saturday afternoon 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What do you mean "now"? 

That's how it's always been

Wait until you have to talk people off the ledge when the team sheet is announced Saturday afternoon 

I wait for the day the club announce that the groundsman is off sick for a couple of weeks and his assistant will be in charge of cutting the grass for matchday

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

I wait for the day the club announce that the groundsman is off sick for a couple of weeks and his assistant will be in charge of cutting the grass for matchday

We don't win bloody awards by letting the assistant cut grass. This is the beginning of the end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

We were inevitably going to finish in the top 4 until that happened as well FFS, now 'the project' is ruined :(

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

She's very capable, is Lorna. Lorna Mower. A cut above, some say.

• Haha 1

Being @a m ole‘d in a teams chat. You’re talking to me. I’m getting notifications when you send a message. You do NOT need to @ me.

This is the right thread because it probably shouldn’t piss me off but it’s genuinely starting to ruin my whole day when someone does it, it’s that infuriating.

• Like 1

Oh, Teams notifications.

I set up tags for people in our team by job role, @dev, @qa, @sme, etc, because of feedback from a lot of the team about a couple of people using @all for things maybe 2/3 people needed to know. The main culprits  continue to use @all, because they're dickheads. I'm sure one of them does very little actual work, but when they do something trivial, they make sure everyone knows about it so it looks like they're very, very busy, and equally as important.

Not as bad as the people that feel like there *has* to be a tagged target for every message, no matter how trivial. The rule I use is "Does someone need to definitely not miss this? Is it urgent it's read fairly quickly" if so I tag those people, otherwise I just post it and assume people will get through unread messages eventually. Other people tag the whole channel with photos of their wretched children, or their idle musings. Bunch of **** morons.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Being @a m ole‘d in a teams chat. You’re talking to me. I’m getting notifications when you send a message. You do NOT need to @ me.

This is the right thread because it probably shouldn’t piss me off but it’s genuinely starting to ruin my whole day when someone does it, it’s that infuriating.

@a m ole Yeah can get why that would be annoying. 

Kirstie and Phils love it or list it. 'Yes we were very unhappy we only had 4 bedrooms a garage 2 living rooms and a driveway that could fit 3 cars on it. It just wasn't working for us and we were a very dysfunctional family. We only have a budget of 800k please help'

".....so what have you decided love it or list it?" 'Well now we have a kitchen island and sunk 100k into this word removed. We're going to love it!'

• Like 3

Â