Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Posters who predominantly post about other posters. Any chance we could just post about players and games and tactics, or just have fun.

Posters who don't use the report function.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2021 at 13:43, rjw63 said:

People who slag off musicians or bands because it's "edgy".

Nickelback are releasing a new album. It was reported on FB by Kerrang, Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock.

All three pages had hundreds of replies saying the same boring shit (e.g oh no please dont, or haven't we had enough with COVID etc etc)

Utter spunktrumpets.

If you hate a band, why bother reading and commenting about them? I can't stand Def Leppard but I don't go in threads about them to tell everyone how wank I think they are.

BTW I don't own a single album by Nickelback, but  don't think they're as bad as the internet sheep try to have you believe.

I saw them in Atlantic City two years ago & it was a cracking gig (even if the beer was overpriced).

Also, I love Def Leppard :D

• Shocked 1

On 03/08/2021 at 13:43, rjw63 said:

People who slag off musicians or bands because it's "edgy".

Nickelback are releasing a new album. It was reported on FB by Kerrang, Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock.

All three pages had hundreds of replies saying the same boring shit (e.g oh no please dont, or haven't we had enough with COVID etc etc)

Utter spunktrumpets.

If you hate a band, why bother reading and commenting about them? I can't stand Def Leppard but I don't go in threads about them to tell everyone how wank I think they are.

BTW I don't own a single album by Nickelback, but  don't think they're as bad as the internet sheep try to have you believe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6MQ1RSQMGZc30FccyT9Y

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

working from home has resulted in my electric bill going up and me having to make a one off payment

they are of course increasing the cost of all my future bills too even though im now back in the office full time

Did you guys over there get the tax break for working from home?

It wasn’t much here, from memory, I think its something like £6 a month, which is better than nothing over the course of a year.

I’m letting mine roll next year, it’ll be interesting to see at what point the revenue ask for some sort of evidence that you work from home.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Did you guys over there get the tax break for working from home?

It wasn’t much here, from memory, I think its something like £6 a month, which is better than nothing over the course of a year.

I’m letting mine roll next year, it’ll be interesting to see at what point the revenue ask for some sort of evidence that you work from home.

we have to do a full self assessment each year and from what i can tell its an absolute mess, my employer doesn't get involved its all organised by me, they don't adjust your tax code, in the 2 years ive been here I've had a 2000 euro rebate followed by a 1800 euro bill, you can stick loads of bollocks on there, last year when we had a baby we could claim the tax back on parking at the hospital for example, she also tried to claim the tax back on driving to the hospital but they said no,  its really random even my wife doesn't fully understand it so we get help from a mate who works in tax, she throws the kitchen sink at it and hopes for the best

you also get to pick your band...because we're married you can split it between you in some sort of weird way, say we earn 60k between us we can put ourselves in band 3 and our take home is x amount or depending on who earns the most you can put 1 in band 2 and the other in band 4 and our take home is y

basically i havent got a **** clue whats going on

and the worst of it is Germany is years behind the UK when it comes to doing stuff online, its shockingly behind, you can do calculators and stuff but i'm sure the actual submission is paper, if there is an issue it'll be a meeting in a government office, i've got my post brexit residence pass thing coming up, my wife had to visit the government office to arrange the appointment, i have to go to the government office with my hand written application form and documents, when my card is ready i have to go to the government office to collect it...its mad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

working from home has resulted in my electric bill going up and me having to make a one off payment

they are of course increasing the cost of all my future bills too even though im now back in the office full time

I asked my employer a question about increased electricity bills cos i am still wfh and will be for months to come. In fact, it is almost becoming the preferred way to work at our place.

His answer ? "How much you saving diesel/petrol ?' In other words....eff off !

Edited by mottaloo

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I asked my employer a question about increased electricity bills cos i am still wfh and will be for months to come. In fact, it is almost becoming the preferred way to work at our place.

His answer ? "How much you saving diesel/petrol ?' In other words....eff off !

yeah my employer wouldnt touch it either

and my wife thinks its more to do with the 2 hours of playstation every day :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

300 quid on your tax code, so 60 quid a year / £5 month 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

300 quid on your tax code, so 60 quid a year / £5 month 

It all goes in the mix.

I flick the kettle on now, 5 or 6 times a day at 2p a go, and I’m using my own coffee whereas coffee and biscuits in the office were free. On a totally unrelated note, I have an office credit card and due to covid they have not been collecting receipts.

• Like 1

I'm saving a fortune WFH due to no fuel, eating better, and not popping out for coffees. That's before considering the benefits of time saving from the commute. The electric and coffee costs at home are negligible compared to that, for me.

I really feel sorry for my friends though, who bought a house right next to our office, in the most expensive part of town, specifically to be within walking distance of work.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It all goes in the mix.

I flick the kettle on now, 5 or 6 times a day at 2p a go, and I’m using my own coffee whereas coffee and biscuits in the office were free. On a totally unrelated note, I have an office credit card and due to covid they have not been collecting receipts.

"yeah, I stopped off for some dinner on my way to a job, and all they had was a jar of Kenco and some milk"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â