Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 30/07/2021 at 17:56, Xela said:

Yeah i'd never buy leasehold again. I mean, I understand why they have it for flats, but for houses, thats just purely for greed. 

My house (126 yrs old) is leasehold. £1.26 a year. The cost has never changed in that 126 years. The problem is a modern one. I think as well that there’s a right to buy the lease if all ressies of a block want to.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

My house (126 yrs old) is leasehold. £1.26 a year. The cost has never changed in that 126 years. The problem is a modern one. I think as well that there’s a right to buy the lease if all ressies of a block want to.

Yep, we ‘nearly’ bought a leasehold as our first house. It was 100 years old, had 899 years left on the lease, and was some similar amount of money like £1.08 or some such which I think equated to a guinea in old money.

The problem is successive governments rejecting their basic function being to shelter the people they represent, and instead, passing that basic responsibility over to privateers who’s legal duty is to make profit.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, trekka said:

Amazon and the amount of packaging it uses.  I ordered a few bits yesterday.  One item turned up with the postie, another item just turned up via Hermes, and the other 2 items are due by the Amazon driver later on today.  

I had 3 parcels from them delivered by 3 different people on the same day last week.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I had 3 parcels from them delivered by 3 different people on the same day last week.

I've had this, ridiculous. 

I have couple of pals with their own businesses and its a well known fact that amazon's ridiculous use of cardboard and their buying power makes it difficult for other companies to any get.

Tip... had this twice now, if you bought a low cost item that you want to return, stop the process as fast as poss, had a notification quickly to say keep the item and you're purchase has been refunded. No big deal but feels nice to get one over on da man.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've had this, ridiculous. 

I have couple of pals with their own businesses and its a well known fact that amazon's ridiculous use of cardboard and their buying power makes it difficult for other companies to any get.

Tip... had this twice now, if you bought a low cost item that you want to return, stop the process as fast as poss, had a notification quickly to say keep the item and you're purchase has been refunded. No big deal but feels nice to get one over on da man.

I’ve found if you go on the live chat and tell them an item is faulty they often refund it and don’t bother asking for it back.

Also, if you buy something from Amazon warehouse and then go on live chat to tell them it’s not quite as described they’ll throw another 10-30% discount at you to keep it.

I bought a “used - like new” laptop but it was missing the manual in the box. I got an extra £80 discount when I messaged them about it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve found if you go on the live chat and tell them an item is faulty they often refund it and don’t bother asking for it back.

Also, if you buy something from Amazon warehouse and then go on live chat to tell them it’s not quite as described they’ll throw another 10-30% discount at you to keep it.

I bought a “used - like new” laptop but it was missing the manual in the box. I got an extra £80 discount when I messaged them about it.

Damn no likes left.

That's great, thanks for the tip. I bought an expensive screen cover for my old S9+ once and it was a nightmare to fit and I ended up with it being unusable,.was gutted £30. I boxed it up carefully and return/refund went through, felt a little guilt but reminded myself how the uber rich have almost almost all the money in the world and slept like a baby.

On 31/07/2021 at 12:37, trekka said:

Amazon and the amount of packaging it uses.  I ordered a few bits yesterday.  One item turned up with the postie, another item just turned up via Hermes, and the other 2 items are due by the Amazon driver later on today.  

Not defending them but I'm fairly certain there's an option to have all your items included in one delivery, therefore less packaging, if you don't mind it taking longer. Otherwise they send them out as and when they're ready hence why it comes in individual shipments

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not defending them but I'm fairly certain there's an option to have all your items included in one delivery, therefore less packaging, if you don't mind it taking longer. Otherwise they send them out as and when they're ready hence why it comes in individual shipments

I think that’s only if you order them at the same time.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I always choose that option, but they just ignore it. 

On 31/07/2021 at 12:37, trekka said:

So many times when I've ordered something that's tiny, yet comes in a massive box with all the paper inside it too. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Summer colds . Feel like cutting my nose off. 

eat more garlic and turmeric, and chilli. You'll never get a cold then.

easier just to have a curry every night really ;)

• Like 1

People who slag off musicians or bands because it's "edgy".

Nickelback are releasing a new album. It was reported on FB by Kerrang, Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock.

All three pages had hundreds of replies saying the same boring shit (e.g oh no please dont, or haven't we had enough with COVID etc etc)

Utter spunktrumpets.

If you hate a band, why bother reading and commenting about them? I can't stand Def Leppard but I don't go in threads about them to tell everyone how wank I think they are.

BTW I don't own a single album by Nickelback, but  don't think they're as bad as the internet sheep try to have you believe.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If you hate a band, why bother reading and commenting about them? I can't stand Def Leppard but I don't go in threads about them to tell everyone how wank I think they are.

Yes you do. You just did :)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

eat more garlic and turmeric, and chilli. You'll never get a cold then.

easier just to have a curry every night really ;)

I like a curry as much as the next man, but once a week is pushing it . 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like a curry as much as the next man, but once a week is pushing it . 

If you have enough curries in a week, you don't have to push it. It'll just come flying out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â