Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

• VT Supporter
10 hours ago, sidcow said:

If I went on I wouldn't mention my thoughts at all, or if I was thinking 50/50 I would mention the 2 things I least likely think it would be. 

Why? What difference would that make? 

Surely the reason they get the right two 80% of the time is that they are simply the two most likely? 

Say an average (non-football fan) person got asked: "What trophy did Aston Villa win most recently?" and the options were "The FA Cup", "The League Cup", "The Calcutta Cup" and "The Stanley Cup", it's quite likely they'd be torn between the first two. 'Thinking out loud' about it is all part of the show's entertainment value. 

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Think I've mentioned it previously on here, but I will again. Tradesmen!!!

"Well I can't fit you in till Sept/Oct". What's the quote? £8500. How much!! You quoted me £5500 last year. "Well with Covid and the lock down, material prices have gone up and.....". Yeah and your so busy, you think I'm a idiot and will pay 3k more for a job which you could quite easily do for the original quote!!

Materials have rocketed. Unless you can rob it off site or somewhere, it’s a bad time to have anything done at the moment. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Why? What difference would that make? 

Surely the reason they get the right two 80% of the time is that they are simply the two most likely? 

Say an average (non-football fan) person got asked: "What trophy did Aston Villa win most recently?" and the options were "The FA Cup", "The League Cup", "The Calcutta Cup" and "The Stanley Cup", it's quite likely they'd be torn between the first two. 'Thinking out loud' about it is all part of the show's entertainment value. 

Because they would LIKE to leave behind the 2 I mention because that's what their favourite trick is. 

So if I name the 2 I'm fairly sure are wrong they will most likely leave one of them up there along with the correct answer. 

I'm not there to entertain, I'm there to win dosh. 

Edited by sidcow

Took the family to see a Van Gogh immersive thing in Hyde Park yesterday

i didn’t hate it , which pisses me off as art is shit , it was actually quite well done , paintings projected on big screens to music … I’m sure art critics would hate it but a philistine like me quite enjoyed it 

EB7D0DF3-A842-4C9B-BE1E-4B46091DEB03.jpeg

B29CE7E7-384A-448C-9981-1B33B31F21AD.jpeg

1B99C253-3326-4AA7-B7B3-E7E2215D5120.jpeg

• VT Supporter
43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Took the family to see a Van Gogh immersive thing in Hyde Park yesterday

i didn’t hate it , which pisses me off as art is shit , it was actually quite well done , paintings projected on big screens to music … I’m sure art critics would hate it but a philistine like me quite enjoyed it 

EB7D0DF3-A842-4C9B-BE1E-4B46091DEB03.jpeg

B29CE7E7-384A-448C-9981-1B33B31F21AD.jpeg

1B99C253-3326-4AA7-B7B3-E7E2215D5120.jpeg

Saw it in York, loved it. But didn't they have the additional VR headset experience? That was even more amazing. 

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Saw it in York, loved it. But didn't they have the additional VR headset experience? That was even more amazing. 

I think there are 2 VG things touring , one is the immersive version that seems to have the VR experience , the Hyde park one is called Van Gogh Alive  , that doesn't have it ..shame as that sounds quite cool 

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Admit it MJM. You're mainly looking forward to The Beatles immersive VR headset experience aren't you 😂😂

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Admit it MJM. You're mainly looking forward to The Beatles immersive VR headset experience aren't you 😂😂

If there is such a thing, absolutely. 

• VT Supporter
17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I thought yiu hated The Beatles? Maybe it's just @bickster waiting then. 

Eh? Me? Mister 1960s? I admit I never play the records now, due to massive overfamiliarity, but they were absolutely the soundtrack of my youth, and the most important band ever. 

@bickster, on the other hand, (a) was born a few years too late, and (b) suffers from living in Liverpool, with all the attendant OTT Beatles industry. Enough to put anybody off, tbf. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Surely you've been to the Van Gogh museum in the 'Dam, @tonyh29?

Sex museum and the  Allard Pierson museum ( for  the Egypt stuff ) along with the Heineken factory is the only culture I've done in Amsterdam 

Edited by tonyh29

• VT Supporter
5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The Grealish thread. 

It exploded last night and has added about 30 odd pages of absolute nonsense and ridiculous panic. 

If we do ever sell him I think I'll skip Villatalk in general for a week or so as it'll be insane and can see it spreading to other random threads. 

23 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It exploded last night and has added about 30 odd pages of absolute nonsense and ridiculous panic. 

If we do ever sell him I think I'll skip Villatalk in general for a week or so as it'll be insane and can see it spreading to other random threads. 

Tammy Abraham seems to be infecting various other threads. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â