Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

• VT Supporter
5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You missed my favourite, "we want to be in by Christmas."

a couple of others

- watertight before the winter (never happens)

- I’ll project manage it myself to save money even though I have no experience and it turned out to cost more in the long run.

• VT Supporter

"Joshua and Tabitha are worried about their money. The specially resined oak dining table that was meant to go in their dining room has been delayed another 6 weeks from Eindhoven."

Joshua: "Yes, we're a bit worried. Obviously the quadruple glazed windows for the skylights have set us back and now we've had to move down to Mum and Dad's 6 bedroom farmhouse in Somerset."

Tabitha *weeps silently in a portacabin*

• Like 2

For the thousandth time.

REPLY WITH ATTACHMENTS .

FORWARD ATTACHMENTS. 

YOU **** PRICK.

One I need to go to the original email to remind what the **** you are talking about.

You have forwarded me some bullshit I have literally no idea what you are talking about.

Attachment blah blah deleted by Knob Head.

You're all absolute **** morons.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

• VT Supporter
8 hours ago, Genie said:

a couple of others

- watertight before the winter (never happens)

- I’ll project manage it myself to save money even though I have no experience and it turned out to cost more in the long run.

And some more: 

Living in a caravan on the building site. 

Sacking off most of the tradesmen and hubby does all the wiring and plumbing himself late at night. 

Eco-friendly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The over budget thing is hilarious.

I don't think I've EVER seen one come in on budget

As someone who went to university to study commercial management it grinds my gears

Its literally a profession requiring a uni degree, a **** hard one and yet people think they can just have a go at it part time 

They never go in to the details of the subcontracts but I'm sure a few of them get their fingers burnt 

• VT Supporter
23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

After 3 weeks of trying, a plumber came out to repair a slow leak from a pipe in my ceiling. Off he ****, so I jumped in the shower, and a waterfall came out of the ceiling. The plumbr will be coming back tomorrow.

Had a quick wash in the sink instead, walked downstairs, to find dozens of wasps flying around in my conservatory. I've decided to just cede the territory and hope they've **** off tomorrow.

I know it's melodramatic, but sometimes I think every day is the worst day of my life.

MV5BYzJlODJhNzctMmYxNS00ODM3LTg0NjEtNGRjZWIwYTQ4YzU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ3NDc5MzY@._V1_.jpg.165aa59f1864654b8700653b8fbc2f05.jpg

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
On 22/07/2021 at 21:23, Genie said:

You always watch those hoping it all goes horribly wrong because it’s what they deserve, but then a bit of sadness when it occasionally does. 
There was one where a guy basically ran out of money and his wife left him, taking the kids. 
It was a shame, but still what he deserved.

Savage :D

• VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Savage :D

I know :D 

But if I’d blown every penny we as a family had, and then borrowed a shit load more for a vanity project that still wasn’t finished I’d expect to be divorced.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Guess who had enough of people's shit, and is now unemployed?

You can't just roll this grenade into the room and not provide more details! :D 

• Like 2

Think I've mentioned it previously on here, but I will again. Tradesmen!!!

"Well I can't fit you in till Sept/Oct". What's the quote? £8500. How much!! You quoted me £5500 last year. "Well with Covid and the lock down, material prices have gone up and.....". Yeah and your so busy, you think I'm a idiot and will pay 3k more for a job which you could quite easily do for the original quote!!

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

"Well I can't fit you in till Sept/Oct". What's the quote? £8500. How much!! You quoted me £5500 last year. "Well with Covid and the lock down, material prices have gone up and.....". Yeah and your so busy, you think I'm a idiot and will pay 3k more for a job which you could quite easily do for the original quote!!

I just had a fence and patio done. It took 2 months due to scarcity of materials. The labour cost never changed. The materials quote from huws and gray went up. A lot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

You’ll get about two thirds as much timber for your money now as you did in March.

I have a job on stop currently because a national contractor can’t source doors or ironmongery. We are on warning there aren’t enough roofing panels in the UK for a job we have programmed for a new roof in September.

I was in Watford earlier in the week trying to buy about £100,000 of windows and window repairs. Only one of the three invited contractors turned up 

If there are materials in that quote, I’d doubt he can easily do it for the original quote. I’d also suggest that in a month’s time, that £8,500 might be £10,000. It might not, it might all be fixed by then. But there’s a chance. 

Brickies and plasterers won’t commit to doing a full week for you, they will only go day by day because they might get a higher offer whilst driving home.

Perfect storm of Brexit and Covid.

Jobs I couldn’t win 12 months ago, I’m now putting in higher and higher prices and winning every time. Priced a job a week ago, gut feeling was that it was a £30k job, to win it would currently be a pain in the arse, so I went in at £55k AND on the tender I told them that if we won, I wouldn’t be able to start for at least a month.

We won it. We won it, and they want to give me a second job that i didn’t bid on.

At this point and specifically from a work perspective, I’d like to say a big thank you to anyone that voted Brexit and to anyone that won’t stick to basic pandemic protocols. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I just had a fence and patio done. It took 2 months due to scarcity of materials. The labour cost never changed. The materials quote from huws and gray went up. A lot. 

Yeah, I read construction news as I have a lot of construction clients and stories about increases in material costs and scarcity of materials are pretty much daily. 

Who wants to be a millionaire. 

2 connected things piss me off.  Whenever someone is thinking about answers and mentions 2 things, it's ALWAYS those 2 things that are left. 

So 1) it pisses me off that they always do that, it's definitely deliberate as it happens like 80% of the time and 2) the contestants piss me off for saying 2 things out loud. Have they never watched the show? If I went on I wouldn't mention my thoughts at all, or if I was thinking 50/50 I would mention the 2 things I least likely think it would be. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Thats not surprising at all if the quote was last year, dependant on what you are having done.  I know steel for example has gone up probably 50% over the last 6 months.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â