Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 27/07/2021 at 18:21, Davkaus said:

I'm getting a plasterer out tomorrow, he's been over for a quote and we've had a few chats over the phone. Nice bloke, very friendly. But he's a big, manly, muscular black bloke, and he keeps calling me "brother", and as a scrawny, pale, Guardian-reading type, every time there's an awkward silence before I reply "....Uh-huh". 

Call him fam, cuz or blad and say stuff like "ya feel me ?"

All you gotta do is watch a bit of Top Boy and you'll be fine 😉

Swimming baths.

My old one Erdington was alright. You could go lane swimming some days at 6 am. Some days 7pm etc.

Moved house and now if I want to lane swim 6 on a few weekdays or middle of the day on the weekday.

What planet are you words removed on and what is happening the rest of the time in the evening ffs

Just paid my ground rent and service charge on my flat for the next 12 months. 

That feels like £1800 wasted. 

• Shocked 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

When my dad died, I inherited his flat in Great Barr, which I started to rent out. The service charges were what made me sell it.

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Mines slightly different in that all the tenants have to pay in to a pot for the heating, electric etc and then at the end of the year if there's money in the pot left we get it back 

Last year we got 850€ back, this year we got 840€ back and a letter saying out annual bill was going down by 70€...how about it going down by about 800€ you prick! 

12 flats paying 300€ - 500€ each per month for these "warm" services as they call it he's sat on a nice little nest 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Wow, that’s incredible. Someone is doing very well off of that. 

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everybody moaning about the Jack Grealish thread in every other thread.

**** sake.

I was struggling to keep up with the Grealish craziness to begin with but now you're annoyed about people posting about being annoyed about people posting about Grealish in an annoying way?

Really hoping this post doesn't annoy anyone as that's just getting confusing. 

48 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everybody moaning about the Jack Grealish thread in every other thread.

**** sake.

Maybe this is one for the 'unpopular opinions' thread, but . . . [deep breath] . . . it's not that bad? I was expecting it to be much more ghastly given the way everyone goes on about it, but it seems basically okay. (I understand this might be the result of some hard scrubbing by mods, in which case ignore me)

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I was struggling to keep up with the Grealish craziness to begin with but now you're annoyed about people posting about being annoyed about people posting about Grealish in an annoying way?

Really hoping this post doesn't annoy anyone as that's just getting confusing. 

That reminds me, Inception annoys me too :D 

• Haha 1

The shadiest shit I ever heard from an estate agent (and that's a long list, **** shysters the lot of them) concerned ground rent; back when we were looking to buy our first house, having a somewhat tight budget we were looking at a lot of leasehold properties so ground rent came up a lot.  After a viewing of one such property, we asked how much ground rent would be (because the agents rarely volunteered that information unless specifically asked) and the conversation went something along the lines of:

"How much are we looking at for ground rent?"

"Well, these buildings were originally leased by the MoD years ago, but the management company haven't asked for or been to collect ground rent for years now".

"OK, but does that mean that ground rent is zero and that's reflected in the contracts?"

"Technically no, but as I say they've never been around to collect any ground rent".

"So how much is ground rent then, and would we liable if they suddenly turned up and asked for backdated unpaid ground rent?"

"We can't say but you wouldn't need to worry really as they've never visited to collect it".

Yeah, we didn't buy that place.  Actually wound up getting a much bigger and better freehold property (thank **** for prefabs) anyway.  This was Redwoods by the way.  I have no idea if they are still going as a chain, but do avoid them like the plague.  The same Redwoods that told us over the phone that they'd visited the property we were viewing that day and it was "spacious and very nice", then when we met the agent outside to start the viewing they hurriedly mentioned they hadn't seen the property themselves, were told that is was spacious and nice by their manager, and having just been in it was actually a bit "compact" (I think that was the word he used).  Yeah, the place was obviously both a) a slightly large cupboard and b) in an absolute **** state.

**** Redwoods.

• Like 2

We sleep walked into buying a house with a leasehold on it years ago. Was a bloody nightmare to sell, thank god we did. Never again.

Our current house was a new build but was rare in the fact there’s no lease of management fees at all.

I’d avoid leasehold like the plague too, even if it was one of those 999 year leases.

• Like 1

Dentists. Thieving rascals. Impossible to find an NHS one down south so have to go private. 
I look after my gob, expensive electric toothbrush, strict hygiene regime but I’ve never once been for a checkup without them outlining the need for a whole range of expensive work. Latest quote £1,700. 

I’ve tried different surgeries and they’re all the same. 

• Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, choffer said:

Dentists. Thieving rascals. Impossible to find an NHS one down south so have to go private. 
I look after my gob, expensive electric toothbrush, strict hygiene regime but I’ve never once been for a checkup without them outlining the need for a whole range of expensive work. Latest quote £1,700. 

So I do have a NHS dentist and like you expensive toothbrush, always brushing, hygiene blah blah blah. I also get stung for fillings, crowns, root canal all that shizzle.

Last visit was a cracked filling that he said couldn't be repaired and would need a crown. He then gives me 2 prices NHS & private....£300 for NHS, £900 for private, tries to tell me the private option would get me a better product. Yeah right mate, jog on here's your £300 notes crack on with at "cheapo" crown.

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Some years ago, I went to my (then NHS) dentist for a checkup, and he told me I had a cracked molar that needed urgent repair, and to make an appointment for the work. I saw his receptionist and scheduled it. As I was going out, she casually said "Oh, by the way, he's decided to go private, I assume that's OK with you?" 

I replied: "Well, since market forces now come into play, I think I'll take my custom elsewhere, thank you. Bye bye". 

I switched to a (conveniently more local) dentist - admittedly also private - who came highly recommended by a friend. At my first checkup I asked if I had any cracked molars. "Nope", he said, "All fine". 

I stayed with him until he sadly retired last year. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I switched to a (conveniently more local) dentist - admittedly also private - who came highly recommended by a friend. At my first checkup I asked if I had any cracked molars. "Nope", he said, "All fine". 

I stayed with him until he sadly retired last year. 

In an ideal world there would be an easy way  to bring a case against the other dentist for falsely diagnosing a non-existant medical condition. That's not a trivial thing.

• Like 1

Â