Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

• VT Supporter
11 hours ago, Xela said:

I'll be 52 in 10 years... thats my aim, to be out of full time work then. Maybe then work 2 or 3 days a week until I can get access to my private pension pot (at 55 I think), but don't want to be doing 5 day work weeks. 

For you youngsters, you will have to wait to be 58 in 2028 to access your pension pot.

• Thanks 1

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, Sid4ever said:

For you youngsters, you will have to wait to be 58 in 2028 to access your pension pot.

At what stage does that kick in? I’m still in my 30’s so still a youngster (ok, ok, I’m 39 and 8 months…)

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this year you needed to get in there far earlier than this!

We booked ours in January, thankfully the other half is organised! And even then we didn't have much choice

Probably a bad time for me to make the point and of course there is the post covid premium now.

I do however, remember looking a hot tub lodges before though and just completely baulking at the price.  

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Probably a bad time for me to make the point and of course there is the post covid premium now.

I do however, remember looking a hot tub lodges before though and just completely baulking at the price.  

Yeah it's not cheap either way. Ours was a grand for 6 nights in the lake district.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's not cheap either way. Ours was a grand for 6 nights in the lake district.

That's not bad if its for a family of 4.   £166 per night, or £41 per person per night. 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

That's not bad if its for a family of 4.   £166 per night, or £41 per person per night. 

It was only 2 of us but you could have had a family of 4 in it. It was an Air BnB

I was meant to be going to Prague for a 40th birthday with 2 other couples, was looking forward to it, but wasn't overly excited because of all the extra limitations which would have been put on us during that holiday, plus, I've already been to Prague (it's cool enough, but tend not to do things twice).

When that got cancelled because of changes to the air travel etc, I found an awesome Air Bnb in South Sea (Pompy), where there's loads of stuff to do and see, I was really looking forward to it, plus the extra hassle of flying during Covid times was gone - great.

A couple dropped out last week because of ongoing issues with them moving house (or trying to).  The option was to cancel totally, but we thought that was a shame for the birthday girl, so we said "nah we'll still do something", realising we'd have to cancel the Air Bnb because of the price increase due to the couple dropping out.

So now we're going to a **** Haven caravan park all the way over in bastard Norfolk 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
46 minutes ago, Genie said:

At what stage does that kick in? I’m still in my 30’s so still a youngster (ok, ok, I’m 39 and 8 months…)

Currently you can take 25% tax free when you reach 55, the rules are changing in 2028 and you will have to be 58 before you can touch your pot.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So now we're going to a **** Haven caravan park all the way over in bastard Norfolk 😭

Don't knock it mate, Norfolk is spot on.

Out of interest, What part are you going to?

• Like 1

• VT Supporter

I went to a Haven park last summer and they handled social distancing and things excellently. 
Really clean, really organised, order food and drinks on the app and they were delivered quickly. All outdoor areas clean and tidy. Obviously your caravan isn’t bothered by any dirty infected people so that’s good. 
If you don’t have children then it might be a bit more family orientated than you wanted but all things considered there’s far worse a places. And as been said, parts of Norfolk are lovely.

• VT Supporter
33 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I can’t remember who but a few posters have complained about the amount of gifs on here recently.

I thought they were maybe being a bit miserable, but I’ve just been on topic and they’re absolutely right, most threads on there are just an A-Z of unrelated dull gifs.

It’ll be minion gifs next..

It does answer that important question though, how can on topic be made more difficult to read?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I can’t remember who but a few posters have complained about the amount of gifs on here recently.

I thought they were maybe being a bit miserable, but I’ve just been on topic and they’re absolutely right, most threads on there are just an A-Z of unrelated dull gifs.

It’ll be minion gifs next..

Minions No GIF

:trollface:

Although seriously agree with this. I think a well placed and timed GIF adds to the conversation or provides a laugh (which on topic seriously needs) but I struggle with the mass upon mass of GIFS; it simply loses impact of them. 

• Like 3

As a someone who usually posts in on topic, I agree. It's just page after page of gifs.

One or two now and again is fine - if used correctly, but **** me, it's relentless over there these days and I've stopped going into most of the threads because of it.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As a someone who usually posts in on topic, I agree. It's just page after page of gifs.

One or two now and again is fine - if used correctly, but **** me, it's relentless over there these days and I've stopped going into most of the threads because of it.

Meanie

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â