Jump to content

Things that piss you off that shouldn't


AVFCforever1991
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm actually quite pleased I have never even heard of it. 

It’s a 90s dance tune reworked with “Friday again...” sang over the top based on a viral video that some guys made of doing just that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattklein/2020/05/07/meet-mufasa--hypeman-influencers-born-in-a-pandemic-ringing-in-the-weekend/?sh=6fb4fc7a76c1

Quote

When days blur and optimism is scarce, Mufasa and his hype man are here to cheer you on, reminding you that we made it—it's Friday.

 

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s a 90s dance tune reworked with “Friday again...” sang over the top based on a viral video that some guys made of doing just that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattklein/2020/05/07/meet-mufasa--hypeman-influencers-born-in-a-pandemic-ringing-in-the-weekend/?sh=6fb4fc7a76c1

 

I did know this. I am less old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s a 90s dance tune reworked with “Friday again...” sang over the top based on a viral video that some guys made of doing just that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattklein/2020/05/07/meet-mufasa--hypeman-influencers-born-in-a-pandemic-ringing-in-the-weekend/?sh=6fb4fc7a76c1

 

tenor.gif?itemid=14238365

 

I do know the 90's dance tune - Nightcrawlers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Betting sites and betting companies.

Having been on a bit of a winning streak in the Euro's, with this week mainly - winning nearly £3k since Tuesday (Portugal to win 3-0 and Ronaldo to score last) (Italy to win 3-0 And Immobile to score last) and only small stakes of £100 a time etc.

Only to find today they have restricted my account! 

They're happy to take people's money but hate paying it out!  🤬 c****!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yep

Good time to walk away if you're pissed off at them 

One for the things I don't get thread, I can understand a small accie when watching Geoff on a Saturday but £100 on correct score and scorer seems insane to me 

Don't think I've ever gone higher than a tenner, not placed a bet in maybe 3 years now bar sweepstakes etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, villa4europe said:

Yep

Good time to walk away if you're pissed off at them 

One for the things I don't get thread, I can understand a small accie when watching Geoff on a Saturday but £100 on correct score and scorer seems insane to me 

Don't think I've ever gone higher than a tenner, not placed a bet in maybe 3 years now bar sweepstakes etc 

The only time I gamble any decent amount of money is if I go to the horse racing (which is usually once a year, if that)

And even then you're only talking £20-30 a race, which can add up to a couple of hundred quid if you have a bad day but it's all part of the experience.

 

Never gamble much usually. I've put two £10 bets on the Euros for a laugh and that's it. It's a mugs game. You'll never win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been to the races about 5 times and bet about £10 a race

It would explain my thoughts on gambling, I was bored and drunk 

I wouldn't normally bet on horses because I find it boring, it's the gambling that's interesting so I can just remove myself from it entirely

Not sure if people who gamble on football are doing it to try and make the whole thing more exciting but again I can avoid it by happily swerving any non villa game, euros I'm enjoying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

Small stakes of £100? 
That’s a bloody massive stake, be careful.

 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

Good time to walk away if you're pissed off at them 

£100 on correct score and scorer seems insane to me 

I agree with you both. Believe it or not I deposited £50 into my account at the beginning of the tournament and I started off with little bets as £20 on handicap betting i.e France -1 goal etc. and was winning a few of those, in the end I was betting with their money so to speak.

But yes, being as up as much as I am today, I have already withdrew it all now this morning since they have suspended me from betting any further now.

Will take the missus shopping on Saturday and out for dinner etc.

Fwiw. I only really bet at the Cheltenham festival or at Euro's/World cups etc.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, villa4europe said:

I've been to the races about 5 times and bet about £10 a race

It would explain my thoughts on gambling, I was bored and drunk 

I wouldn't normally bet on horses because I find it boring, it's the gambling that's interesting so I can just remove myself from it entirely

Not sure if people who gamble on football are doing it to try and make the whole thing more exciting but again I can avoid it by happily swerving any non villa game, euros I'm enjoying 

Yeah fortunately I'v e never got the appeal of gambling in general. The only gambling I really do is when it's part of the game if that makes sense. So a day at the racing, a poker night, a casino visit etc. And each time I'm only doing it because it's part of the fun.

I have real sympathy for people who get addicted to it. It must be a horrific thing to try and get over

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

 

I agree with you both. Believe it or not I deposited £50 into my account at the beginning of the tournament and I started off with little bets as £20 on handicap betting i.e France -1 goal etc. and was winning a few of those, in the end I was betting with their money so to speak.

But yes, being as up as much as I am today, I have already withdrew it all now this morning since they have suspended me from betting any further now.

Will take the missus shopping on Saturday and out for dinner etc.

Fwiw. I only really bet at the Cheltenham festival or at Euro's/World cups etc.

It could be that big bets on fairly specific things has set off alarms for potential misuse (like matched betting).

Its not typical betting behaviour so they just cut you off to make sure you’re not scamming them. 
They have enough mugs to keep them in multimillion bonuses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have real sympathy for people who get addicted to it. It must be a horrific thing to try and get over

Me too.

Gambling and alcohol are deeply ingrained into western life that for anyone who has developed an issue with either it must be really hard to shut off from temptation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Betting sites and betting companies.

Having been on a bit of a winning streak in the Euro's, with this week mainly - winning nearly £3k since Tuesday (Portugal to win 3-0 and Ronaldo to score last) (Italy to win 3-0 And Immobile to score last) and only small stakes of £100 a time etc.

Only to find today they have restricted my account! 

They're happy to take people's money but hate paying it out!  🤬 c****!

 

now tell us about all your £100 bets that haven't paid off  ;)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

now tell us about all your £100 bets that haven't paid off  ;)

In all honesty I wish I could but they were the only two I made of those stakes and luckily they both paid off. 

As mentioned already, In hindsight they have probably done us both a favour in terms of the possibility of me risk losing it all or themselves from me winning anymore from them.

If I had a problem/addiction, I would have since setup another account with another company. Instead, i'm going to take the money and run.  :thumb:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which bookie cut you off?  It's usually taking value that they hate more than actually winning but some have a much smaller tolerance than others.

EW bets on long odds horses are a real account killer for instance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Which bookie cut you off?  It's usually taking value that they hate more than actually winning but some have a much smaller tolerance than others.

EW bets on long odds horses are a real account killer for instance. 

William Hill.

The reason I was given was 'a traders descision'

This is what I don't understand, as I made a fair whack at Cheltenham festival just gone (again in the thousands) and they did nothing!? I would have thought then they would have restricted the account.

Account has been used once since then for a bet on a Villa game.

Bit bizarre their behaviour because of a few results in the Euro's this week. Anyway, f*** em. I've taken my money and ran.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

William Hill.

The reason I was given was 'a traders descision'

This is what I don't understand, as I made a fair whack at Cheltenham festival just gone (again in the thousands) and they did nothing!? I would have thought then they would have restricted the account.

Account has been used once since then for a bet on a Villa game.

Bit bizarre their behaviour because of a few results in the Euro's this week. Anyway, f*** em. I've taken my money and ran.

 

Account reviews can seemingly be periodic or triggered by certain betting patterns.  Nobody knows exactly what causes them to wield the axe but luckily for you there's plenty more bookies out there.

As a former matched better I am restricted at virtually every UK bookie.  I think I only have Paddy Power still in tact.

Edited by Wainy316
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bookmakers are getting worse. The ante post odds for next years Cheltenham are horrendous. They got stung this year big time, so they have tightened things up even more. I’ve read of accounts being closed because someone was +£500 since opening their account . Shocking really. I haven’t had a bet for 2 months. Just can’t be arsed .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â