Things that piss you off that shouldn't

17 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Renault 5 Turbo you say, calling @Xelato the thread.

I'm more of a fan of 80's German sports saloons like the E30 M3 and E28 M5 than hot French hatches but I can admire a R5 GT Turbo. Weigh no more than a cardboard box and goes like the proverbial off a shovel. 

Ooohhh, Oohhhh.  What pisses me off LOADS is when people start talking about sporty cars.  Really couldn't give one half of a shit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Work email - i'm sure 75% is just rubbish. If someone had to write a letter to me or ring me up like they used to, I'm sure they wouldn't bother and they'd just get on with life. With email, they can, in seconds, cause me work that is probably not required or would be appreciated. 

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, sidcow said:

How can they be so mean? 

It's just their mode of behaviour. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking back. I sometimes look back to lads holiday photos and smile at the escapades we got up to. The best of times were had. Same with the nights out/clubbing every weekend in Brum. Happy Days. 90s / 00s were just great times. The World seemed more innocent then... wasn't completely **** and nasty as it is now... or that is my perception at least. Maybe it was the rose tinted bubble I was in! :D 

Even working was a laugh... was chatting about it to a work colleague the other day. The stuff we used to get up to in the office, we'd be disciplined now! nothing bad, just childish stuff and pranks. When did the world get so serious? All the fun has been sucked out of the workplace. I'm just glad i'm closer to the end of my working life then the beginning - want to be gone by 55 at the latest (13 years)

I'm 2 years older than you mate, so I guess you know the score. Anyway, I know what you mean by the work pranks. I mean, imagine cable tying the Apprentice in a parts cage and jet washing him, you'd be in court the next week being sued by his parents😂

• VT Supporter

1990’s Friday afternoons in Docklands pre Canary Wharf, over to the pub at lunchtime and then cans of vodka and coke in the office for the rest of the day.

Drinking at lunchtime probably frowned on now, and in those days it was the managers who started the coke can regime 

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

1990’s Friday afternoons in Docklands pre Canary Wharf, over to the pub at lunchtime and then cans of vodka and coke in the office for the rest of the day.

Drinking at lunchtime probably frowned on now, and in those days it was the managers who started the coke can regime 

In the early 90s the staff restaurant at BT HQ had beer and wine available with lunch.

I didn't see that again until three years ago when the executive restaurant at La Poste HQ had a sommelier on staff.

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It's just their mode of behaviour. 

You’re quite the co-median. 

• Haha 2
  • VT Supporter
6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Over large glasses of wine and cackling, Had this ‘pleasure’ on Sunday, If I had a gun I would’ve topped myself

I read that as crackling at first glance, which I thought was a strange choice of snack to offer guests but one that I’m all for.

Good times are over. All the gammons who haven't needed to be in the office for a year to work suddenly need to be in the office to work it seems.

M6 ****. 

Getting onto the M5 ****.

Every erdington junction around Bromford ****.

No sign of any crash anywhere! What are all you words removed doing.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Good times are over. All the gammons who haven't needed to be in the office for a year to work suddenly need to be in the office to work it seems.

M6 ****. 

Yeah I had to tackle the M6 yesterday. I made the mistake of combining my one day a week in the office with a visit to my mom's in the apparently incorrect assumption that the motorway would still be quieter than usual.

It was not

• VT Supporter
10 hours ago, El Zen said:

You’re quite the co-median. 

I was trying to work out how to get that in. Trust a Norwegian to beat me at English punning. 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The adaptive screen brightness on my Samsung S20.

I know I can probably turn it off, but how they thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

I lock all our company Samsungs down to being on the brightest setting which the drivers can't alter, when adaptive was allowed the brightness used to go up and down faster than a strippers G string

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

M6 ****. 

Don't start me off. 60mph on motorway for air quality. Does a great job at bunching up the traffic.

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I lock all our company Samsungs down to being on the brightest setting which the drivers can't alter, when adaptive was allowed the brightness used to go up and down faster than a strippers G string

Haven't seen adaptive brightness before. What's the reasoning behind locking them all at that setting, does the adaptive setting not work well and makes it hard to see?

Surely a slightly less bright screen is okay, better energy efficiency etc. 

My phone has been in dark mode since I got it. 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't start me off. 60mph on motorway for air quality. Does a great job at bunching up the traffic.

How’s that work then?

How do people all get closer together doing the same speed of 60 that they wouldn’t if all doing the same speed of 70?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Haven't seen adaptive brightness before. What's the reasoning behind locking them all at that setting, does the adaptive setting not work well and makes it hard to see?

Surely a slightly less bright screen is okay, better energy efficiency etc. 

My phone has been in dark mode since I got it. 

its shite for want of a better term, it manages to be both over-reactive and under-reactive. If you imagine these phones are usually in a cradle somewhere in the dashboard area, it is receiving light from both inside and outside the vehicle. Often the light would go dark because a car passed a bright street light but then stays dark for a while, its not really that good at adapting to the current light conditions. The solution was to keep all the phones on maximum brightness but allow drivers to change to dark mode at night if they needed to

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â