Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

• VT Supporter

I’m in the office today, I’d forgotten about the guy with the extremely loud, extremely deep, extremely posh voice who spends all day on the phone.

One of those voices that just carries around the office and everyone has to live with every word he says. 

I am paying an obscene amount of money for a patio being laid and a new fence going in. The weather and scarcity of materials means its been going on since early May. Its probably got a couple of weeks left on the job now. Thank god its not a day rate and its for the whole job.  

Edited by Seat68

Going back to the comment about being afraid to upset China. I'm in the telecoms sector and the amount of money being spend to remove Huawei kit from the EE & Three networks is staggering. Its a huge middle finger to the Chinese and its costing millions. On the other hand the old school Scandinavian mobs (Nokia & Ericsson) are rubbing their hands together. Its like the early 2000's all over again for them.

• VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am paying an obscene amount of money for a patio being laid and a new fence going in. The weather and scarcity of materials means its been going on since early May. Its probably got a couple of weeks left on the job now. Thank god its not a day rate and its for the whole job.  

Mate of mine is a plasterer and he said cost of plaster and boards has nearly doubled since the start of the year.

I said “it’s possibly related to Brexit” (as he fits the mould for a Brexiteer) to which he very quickly stated they are made in the UK… I said they are finished here but possibly have raw materials from the EU, hence the shortages and subsequent price rises.

Blank face.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

It's probably hard to say how much is brexit and how much is covid, there seem to be shortages and/or substantial price hikes of quite a few items I've been looking to buy though, from various electronics to DIY kit.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

• VT Supporter
Just now, Davkaus said:

It's probably hard to say how much is brexit and how much is covid, there seem to be shortages and/or substantial price hikes of quite a few items I've been looking to buy though, from various electronics to DIY kit.

Absolutely true, I just wanted to take the opportunity to wind him up and burst his bubble a little bit.

On 05/06/2021 at 12:17, mottaloo said:

I think you should get abuse for using the word 'flagons" !

realaletwat.jpg

I couldn't sup the aforementioned flagons of foaming ale within a 3 mile radius of New Street. Not allowed, you see. It would be confined to the shires. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Also seems to be a container shortage for people importing tat from China as well. 

On 05/06/2021 at 11:51, Xela said:

Not the weather for me to be supping flagons of stout! Too warm. Perfect wether for a nice lager shandy*

* awaits the abuse. 

The Big Bang Theory Yes GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

On 05/06/2021 at 11:51, Xela said:

Not the weather for me to be supping flagons of stout! Too warm. Perfect wether for a nice lager shandy*

* awaits the abuse. 

Would you like us to change your username to Ynot?

• Haha 1

• VT Supporter
8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Probably mostly Covid.   Raw materials are going up like crazy everywhere.   Price of lumber for building in the US has gone up something like 300%.   Step-relatives were about to buy an empty lot where a house burned down in the wildfires 3 years ago and build a house on it.   The estimate for the house now is 80% higher than what it was 6 months ago.   Luckily for them, someone snatched the lot out from under them, as they would not have been able to afford building on it.

• VT Supporter
13 hours ago, Xela said:

Also seems to be a container shortage for people importing tat from China as well. 

500% increase on container costs in some cases where I work. We get 3 or 4 a day from China. Food.

19 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I did mine last year myself.

All cost about 2k in the end.

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I did mine last year myself.

All cost about 2k in the end.

Years back I did one in my old house, it was fair and very cheap. This time my wife wants one that looks a little more professional. 

• Haha 1

• VT Supporter
13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think there is a worse combination of words than 'my friends have invited us round for a few drinks'

Bring back lockdown.

Over large glasses of wine and cackling, Had this ‘pleasure’ on Sunday, If I had a gun I would’ve topped myself

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â