Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On the subject of soaps, why do people that watch them always refer to them as ‘’my soaps”? 

Me: “what are you doing tonight?”

Moron: “I’m gonna relax and watch my soaps”. 

Just seems bizarre and nobody else does it with other programmes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

On the subject of soaps, why do people that watch them always refer to them as ‘’my soaps”? 

My wife calls the shows she's watching 'my stories', though she's at least partly joking.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I was in Nashville a few years back and waiting in line in a store to buy booze. The woman in front of me was laden with crisps and pop and was talking to the lady serving about the tv show Empire but she kept calling it, my show. That passed to us and now my wife does the accent and refers to Grand Designs as My Show. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

My parent's did that all the time. And not with soaps.

"My program" basically meant a show that you watched religiously and couldn't be interrupted (probably more prominent when stuff wasn't all recorded and on demand)

• Like 1

Adding stuff to my ocado online order (yes, i know !)....the app asks me four times if i want to proceed to checkout and then finally click on commit order.

In the previous four steps it reminded me of stuff i removed as "items i may have forgotten "....then it's " check these items"....then it's " items at low price"....and then something like "similar to what you have in your basket" before i can commit the order and save changes.

I am beyond livid about this and have already penned a stiff note of complaint to the daily mail !!

• Haha 1

• VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Adding stuff to my ocado online order (yes, i know !)....the app asks me four times if i want to proceed to checkout and then finally click on commit order.

In the previous four steps it reminded me of stuff i removed as "items i may have forgotten "....then it's " check these items"....then it's " items at low price"....and then something like "similar to what you have in your basket" before i can commit the order and save changes.

I am beyond livid about this and have already penned a stiff note of complaint to the daily mail !!

Ah yeah, us poor folk have to experience this with the Morrison’s app.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, bickster said:

try this for a novel idea... go to the bloody shops!

I can get someone else to walk round the store, bag it and deliver it to my door for £2.

I won’t be going to the store for a “big shop” unless I really have to. 

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
35 minutes ago, bickster said:

£2 are you bloody made of money? I'll save more than that by buying short dated food for tonights tea

I’m sure I save more than £2 by not putting flapjack pieces, and other biscuits and cakes I don’t need in my trolley. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure I save more than £2 by not putting flapjack pieces, and other biscuits and cakes I don’t need in my trolley. 

EcwLVWGX0AANiNk?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

£2 are you bloody made of money? I'll save more than that by buying short dated food for tonights tea

Damn straight!

What’s for tea? Whatever’s got yellow stickers on it in Waitrose. Which some nights, means 500g of lean mince and 6 yellow tulips.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Damn straight!

What’s for tea? Whatever’s got yellow stickers on it in Waitrose. Which some nights, means 500g of lean mince and 6 yellow tulips.

Tulip Bulb Soup

Tulip bulbs are rich in carbohydrates, but they will not thicken a soup in the same way as flour does. The pulp of the bulbs will remain discernible as small flakes. The ‘surrogate curry powder’ consisted mostly of a filling material with some food colour and volatile essential oils for flavour. I used simple curry powder for my adaptation because – luckily – surrogate curry is not available anymore. However, that means that the soup will have a better flavour than the original version.
Warning – When planning to prepare this soup, make absolutely sure that the bulbs are suitable for consumption,  because bulbs are treated with all kinds of pesticides. That is not a problem when using them in the garden, but it is when they are meant to be eaten. Buying ‘organically grown’ bulbs is not enough, ask the supplier for information.
For 4 persons; preparation in advance 15 minutes; preparation 10 minutes.

4 to 6 organic tulip bulbs
1 onion
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp Maggi aroma
1 tsp curry powder
salt to taste

Preparation in advance

Peel and chop the onion.
Peel the tulip bulbs. Cut them in half and remove the germ. Then grate the bulbs on a fine-meshed grater. Do this just before adding them to the pan, as the pulp discolours quickly.

Preparation

Heat the oil in a small pan. Fry onion and curry powder until the onion has coloured slightly. Add water and aroma. Bring to the boil, stir in the grated tulip bulbs and boil for another few minutes. Add salt to taste.

To serve

Warm, in a bowl or soup plate.
I could not resist temptation, and adapted the picture of the soup. Click on the picture to see the original colour version. The bulbs on the left are tulips, the one on the right is an onion

Put the mince back

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

The reduced aisle is frequently my saviour. I'm a decent cook, but hate thinking of family meal ideas to suit everones taste. If I can't decide and no one else is being very helpful (as per usual). It'll be the first place I go and usually there is something to inspire me for the evenings tea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I can get someone else to walk round the store, bag it and deliver it to my door for £2.

I won’t be going to the store for a “big shop” unless I really have to. 

This.

haven't been in a supermarket since first lockdown, won't be bothering again when I can get it delivered for 4 quid a month or whatever.

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
Posted (edited)

On the delivery theme we’ve got Tesco delivering tonight. We went for the saver 6-10pm slot because they always turn up early…

Just had text to say they’ll arrive between 9-10.

ASDA I’ve found are by far the worst for substitutions / out of stock items.

Morrisons are the best.

Tesco in between but they do tend to upgrade their subs when stuff isn’t available.

I’m not rich enough to use Waitrose / Ocado.

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

We used Ocado once a few months back. One substitution, we ordered a silly childs (aged 7-9 type) easter egg as a joke for our 24 year old daughter, the replacement? A box of Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisps

That replacement algo is shite

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
19 minutes ago, bickster said:

We used Ocado once a few months back. One substitution, we ordered a silly childs (aged 7-9 type) easter egg as a joke for our 24 year old daughter, the replacement? A box of Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisps

That replacement algo is shite

This. No way do I trust some spotty youth in Morrisons to do my shopping for me. I don't always know what I want until I see it. This is especially important with fresh produce - fruit and veg, etc. I want to see the sell-by dates. I want to see the special offers. I WANT to be able to impulse buy. I want to be able to buy a bottle of Scotch without the missus tutting. I want to get out of the house. Have a bit of a drive, listen to an album. Shopping has been one of my outlets in the lockdown. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â