Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My lucky mate. My really lucky mate.

We've been playing deal or no deal online ...we agreed to pick the exact same number (11) and every game we do, go right until the end when only two remaining boxes (which is the best way anyway as only way to make real profits)

I have lost around £60 on the game, although made up for the fact I won football bets which means I broke even, so not really that bothered. Cancelled my account also after tonight.

Mate plays ....when he won £120 after an hour or so this one night, I was chuffed for him ...and then another £200 the next night ...still very happy for him......but after yet another night winning £500 while I can't even make profit just pisses me off. The positives is he has treated the rest of flat to a takeaway and buying drinks (although he's nice like that anyway)

I am happy for him but i'm dying inside, he's made nearly a grand within the past 3 or 4 days, while playing the same game, I lose £60 :( Not to mention the fact I see him 10+ hours a day, and that's what he talks most about now, how much money he's won!! BAH.

I want money :(

Online gambling really isn't the way to go about it. Even your mate, is he going to stop now that he's won a grand, or is he going to blow that playing more online?

Gambling - unless you just bet everynow and again for a laugh, it's a total mug's game.

The following is totally off topic because it really should piss me off...

Today I get the second insulting letter from HSBC, saying how naughty I was for having my credit card in actual credit to the tune of £5.

Thing is, the credit card account has been closed, it was never used in anger. As it was a business card there was an annual fee, which I paid when I asked to close the card and that was the only transaction ever, in regards to the account. So basically the £5 in credit is because the bank took too much money in the first place. I didn't like the tone of the letters they sent me, basically telling me off like a naughty schoolboy for something which quite obviously was their own fault. Now when I received the second letter I decided to phone them up and sort it out, it's taken all bloody morning, the phone calls alone have cost more than the fiver and to get any sort of compensation I have to raise it as a complaint, which obviously means MORE phone calls but being as banks want to charge me every time I balls up, then it's only right they reciprocate.

To make it worse, every time I phone the call centre and input the card number as requested, no one can find anything (because the account has been closed obviously! durr!), so I then phone using my current account number, they can't deal with it, but at least can understand English to the necessary degree. AAAAAAAARrrrrgggghhh

Why didn't you just refund the money to the account you took it from - prats!

We've been playing deal or no deal online ...we agreed to pick the exact same number (11) and every game we do, go right until the end when only two remaining boxes (which is the best way anyway as only way to make real profits)

I have lost around £60 on the game, although made up for the fact I won football bets which means I broke even, so not really that bothered. Cancelled my account also after tonight.

Mate plays ....when he won £120 after an hour or so this one night, I was chuffed for him ...and then another £200 the next night ...still very happy for him......but after yet another night winning £500 while I can't even make

profit just pisses me off. The positives is he has treated the rest of flat to a takeaway and buying drinks (although he's nice like that anyway)

I am happy for him but i'm dying inside, he's made nearly a grand within the past 3 or 4 days, while playing the same game, I lose £60 :( Not to mention the fact I see him 10+ hours a day, and that's what he talks most about now, how much money he's won!! BAH.

Online gambling really isn't the way to go about it. Even your mate, is he going to stop now that he's won a grand, or is he going to blow that playing more online?

Gambling - unless you just bet everynow and again for a laugh, it's a total mug's game.

Oh I agree, it's just frustrating he won so much and I won barely anything. He's already lost £200 of it. Like you say, he wants to keep playing. Problem is mainly boredom. Nothing to do most of the day so he goes back on it. I remember I won £300 on football last season an was just betting on £2-5 games even then. He plays for hours. I usually play an hour every couple days, so do feel if I won that sort of money I'd never keep going for more.

I don't think that's me. Also pisses me off that he has indeed spent £200 online already where I knowing have just

Played for fun :( waste.

Mate plays ....when he won £120 after an hour or so this one night, I was chuffed for him ...and then another £200 the next night ...still very happy for him......but after yet another night winning £500 while I can't even make

profit just pisses me off. The positives is he has treated the rest of flat to a takeaway and buying drinks (although he's nice like that anyway)

Oh I agree, it's just frustrating he won so much and I won barely anything. He's already lost £200 of it. Like you say, he wants to keep playing. Problem is mainly boredom. Nothing to do most of the day so he goes back on it. I remember I won £300 on football last season an was just betting on £2-5 games even then. He plays for hours. I usually play an hour every couple days, so do feel if I won that sort of money I'd never keep going for more.

I don't think that's me. Also pisses me off that he has indeed spent £200 online already where I knowing have just

Played for fun :( waste.

Is this on Paddy Power?

Only ever played with the odd 50p stake, never really won. What stake do you play with to be able to win 500 quid in a night?

im pissed off with this and i know i bloody well should be.

i was told at work today that i have until the start of november to get a cscs construction craft card, which is basically a card with my photo that says "bricklayer" and "nvq level 3" on it, despite the fact that ive got certificates, and 10 years experience doing my job, i now have to pay £20 for a health and safety test + £30 for the card.

im pissed off with this and i know i bloody well should be.

i was told at work today that i have until the start of november to get a cscs construction craft card, which is basically a card with my photo that says "bricklayer" and "nvq level 3" on it, despite the fact that ive got certificates, and 10 years experience doing my job, i now have to pay £20 for a health and safety test + £30 for the card.

Ive done this.

Make sure you buy/borrow the `Health and Safety Test` book to revise all the questions as i failed my first one and had to pay another £30 to do the test again

When I got home from today, there was a man sat in the doorway to my house. I asked him what he was doing there, and he said it was his house and he was moving in.

I called him a crazy bastard, stepped over him and went inside. That was 5 hours ago. He's been sat there ever since. I feel like just opening the door and shouting WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?!?!

Mate plays ....when he won £120 after an hour or so this one night, I was chuffed for him ...and then another £200 the next night ...still very happy for him......but after yet another night winning £500 while I can't even make profit just pisses me off. The positives is he has treated the rest of flat to a takeaway and buying drinks (although he's nice like that anyway)

I wouldn't be surprised if your mate ends up being a lot less fortunate.

When he starts losing, he'll still hark back to the days of winning a grand in a short period of time and think that the next streak is just around the corner.

One tip: stick to betting on things you may know something about and that aren't purely random - e,g, football instead of the online version of Mr Tinybeard's game.

Edit: Just read your subsequent post saying your mate had lost £200 of what he won. Be a good mate, stop him playing now and take him out to spend the rest of it on booze and prostitutes.

This should piss me off, and it does: My scatterbrained boss who doesn't move out of the way when you're carrying a heavy load. I end up slamming into him, and he doesn't say a **** word.

Good guy, but I think he smoked too much weed and his brain is totally fried.

When he starts losing, he'll still hark back to the days of winning a grand in a short period of time and think that the next streak is just around the corner.

One tip: stick to betting on things you may know something about and that aren't purely random - e,g, football instead of the online version of Mr Tinybeard's game.

Edit: Just read your subsequent post saying your mate had lost £200 of what he won. Be a good mate, stop him playing now and take him out to spend the rest of it on booze and prostitutes.

He's lost £300 overall, so down to £500 ish, He's promised me he will stop. I've said if not, I'll tell his mom and Dad who'd give him a bollocking if they knew what he was doing (not betting, because he happily tells them he's had £5-10 on football) but playing games of Deal or No deal for £30-50 at times! That's about as much as I can do though really.

While I was deep down pissed off that he wins all the money and not me, it pisses me off even more he's wasting it and losing it all!

From a personal point of view. It is the first time I've ever ventured betting outside of football, barely ever bet on anything other than CL/Premiership (what I feel I know best). Mainly because of how easy my mate was making money, seemed so simple. He was just getting extremely lucky though, quick lesson learnt at least not painfully, I haven't actually lost any money, just not made any thanks to football.

Couldn't agree more.

Â