Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The girl who sits next to me at work. Her party trick is going cross-eyed and so performs this wonderfully unique act whenever the conversation or opportunity allows her to. Probably once a day. Then, with her face remaining static, she waits patiently for a gasp, perhaps an audible 'what the -, but how?' and finally an applause from me or any other member of her targeted audience. As a result, she always looks disappointed when I grant her that forever decreasing, near non-existent polite smile. I feel one day I may have a black out and come back round to a scene not to dissimilar from one in The Demolition Man

Those dirty, imbred, marauding vagabonds have been allowed back into Dale Farm. Napalm the lot of them!

I don't see why us honest, decent humans have to pay the taxes to keep these gypsies.

I may be wrong but the people on Dale farm are in fact paying taxes..

The tax payer however will the paying the £18m the council wasted in the botched removal

the dirty imbred etc part of your post is just pure ignorance really , perhaps you'd be happy if we rounded them up and put them in camps ?

Those dirty, imbred, marauding vagabonds have been allowed back into Dale Farm. Napalm the lot of them!

I don't see why us honest, decent humans have to pay the taxes to keep these gypsies.

The tax payer however will the paying the £18m the council wasted in the botched removal

the dirty imbred etc part of your post is just pure ignorance really , perhaps you'd be happy if we rounded them up and put them in camps ?

Presumably they will be paying VAT etc, but as for council tax I'm not sure. I'm no expert but if the Council assert that the dwellings are illegal because there is no planning permission, they surely can't charge council tax on that basis either? The caravans and other mobile structures won't need planning and again, to the best of my knowledge don't attract rates either......

The Olympic Mascots, nothing does more for British pride than a pair of alien cyclopses.

What's not cool about Alien Cyclopses?!

Hehe, I've just looked them up; they remind me of Reboot.

They remind me of a couple of cocks.

The logo is lisa simpson giving a blowjob, and the mascots are a pair of cocks, what exactly are we telling the world here?

Presumably they will be paying VAT etc, but as for council tax I'm not sure. I'm no expert but if the Council assert that the dwellings are illegal because there is no planning permission, they surely can't charge council tax on that basis either? The caravans and other mobile structures won't need planning and again, to the best of my knowledge don't attract rates either......

there is a traveller site a few miles away from me , my mate has a fire service business and had to go there and do fire risk assessments , check they had extinguishers etc (they pretty much have to comply with all the health and safety bollocks that I have to with my business)

He relayed to me in conversation that they were paying council tax (least they told him they were) ... they even have a liaison woman within their community who is responsible for making sure all the children go to school ... true they may be paving the odd drive way for cash and not declaring it but then when I had my kitchen refitted the other year I paid the sparky and plumber cash .. in exchange for them passing on some of their saving to me :winkold: ..so again they are nor necessarily any different from Jo public in that regard either

I live out more towards the countryside where gypsies are a real problem, they live outside of the law.

My dad used to work for a farmer around here, he would help him with mowing fields and cutting hedges and that kind of thing so he got to know a lot of other farmers and land owners around this area and so he found out a lot of things.

Just a few examples of what goes on are:

They take over farmer's fields, just park their caravans and vans and then threaten the farmer. In one case they demanded that the guy signed part of his land over to them or they would harm him and hi family (or worse) and so he did as they wanted. Once they had the land, they did it again and again until they had control of a few of his fields.

Gypsies drained oil from one of those big tanks you see in fields, cut straight through the pipes, took as much as they wanted and left the rest to pour out. When the owner discovered this, he called the Police out who didn't want anything to do with gypsies but instead charged the guy for ''polluting the enviornment'' because the oil drained out.

One guy who lives around here used to have some horrible kind of car with all the modifications and stuff and some pikies told him they wanted his car, he refused to just give them his car he'd spent thousands on and so they smashed it up.

There is someone who lives just down the street from me who got a pikey pregnant and now he is being held against his will as part of their family and he cannot get away from what his dad has said.

I could go on.

I bet none of these ''Hug a Gypo'' types have ever actually had to deal with them.

there is a traveller site a few miles away from me , my mate has a fire service business and had to go there and do fire risk assessments , check they had extinguishers etc (they pretty much have to comply with all the health and safety bollocks that I have to with my business)

He relayed to me in conversation that they were paying council tax (least they told him they were) ... they even have a liaison woman within their community who is responsible for making sure all the children go to school ... true they may be paving the odd drive way for cash and not declaring it but then when I had my kitchen refitted the other year I paid the sparky and plumber cash .. in exchange for them passing on some of their saving to me :winkold: ..so again they are nor necessarily any different from Jo public in that regard either

My job brings me into contact with quite a few travellers. There are two general categories.

1) proper gypsies. Spotless houses, and I mean I'd eat off their floors clean. a bit rough and ready but generally hard working honest (as honest as the rest of us) people who choose a different lifestyle to me, but have lovely manners and kids.

And 2) dirty scummy pikeys. Who would flog their own granny, knick anything that isn't nailed down and abuse the benefits system drugs and all sorts. These can generally be found in most council estates.

Who lives at Dale Farm? I don't know.

I live out more towards the countryside where gypsies are a real problem, they live outside of the law.

My dad used to work for a farmer around here, he would help him with mowing fields and cutting hedges and that kind of thing so he got to know a lot of other farmers and land owners around this area and so he found out a lot of things.

Just a few examples of what goes on are:

They take over farmer's fields, just park their caravans and vans and then threaten the farmer. In one case they demanded that the guy signed part of his land over to them or they would harm him and hi family (or worse) and so he did as they wanted. Once they had the land, they did it again and again until they had control of a few of his fields.

Gypsies drained oil from one of those big tanks you see in fields, cut straight through the pipes, took as much as they wanted and left the rest to pour out. When the owner discovered this, he called the Police out who didn't want anything to do with gypsies but instead charged the guy for ''polluting the enviornment'' because the oil drained out.

One guy who lives around here used to have some horrible kind of car with all the modifications and stuff and some pikies told him they wanted his car, he refused to just give them his car he'd spent thousands on and so they smashed it up.

There is someone who lives just down the street from me who got a pikey pregnant and now he is being held against his will as part of their family and he cannot get away from what his dad has said.

I could go on.

I bet none of these ''Hug a Gypo'' types have ever actually had to deal with them.

well I guess I fall into the Hug a Gypo camp for two reasons:

1) if people want an alternative lifestyle that doesn't unduly impact on me and mine I think that's fine

2) classing any whole group of people, be they travellers, Belgians, muslims or nudists or whatever as all being the same and worthy of blanket condemnation is just a bit immature

As for 'having to deal with them', I guess having to live 100 metres from an unauthorised camp for 5 or 6 years probably qualifies me. Strangely, they must have been those nice middle class gypo's because they kept themselves to themselves and spent most of their time on their obsessive cleaning regime.

nudists

Do you still get nudists? I remember in the 70s you'd always hear people talking about them, and nudist camps and beaches seemed quite popular.

a quick use of the google suggests it's all still out there and I seem to remember a few months ago an episode of the one show did something on the subject (oh yes, I'm that cool).

Personally I'd be worried about the twin threats of cold weather and nettles.

well I guess I fall into the Hug a Gypo camp for two reasons:

1) if people want an alternative lifestyle that doesn't unduly impact on me and mine I think that's fine

Rather a selfish/shallow attitude that Chris, IMO, for one so intelligent and thougtful/community minded etc.

That's almost a NIMBY type attitude, surely. I'm alright Jack, so it's OK?

What about if/when Gypsies/travellers action impact adversly (sometimes very adversley) on others. That doesn't bother you, becuase you're OK?

2 Quick questions, by the way:

a. Should Gypsies/travellers have to abide by the law of this country?#

b. If they don't have to, why should "we"/anybody?

ps. should we not have a seperate thread for this.

pps. Shocked to see Tone Loc adopting a very "lefty/liberal" attitude on this one!! (Bloody yoghurt knitter!) :P

Oh what the actual ****?! **** Websense is blocking the FIFA 12 topic in the Games and Gaming forum! :rant:

You mean you've missed the incredible revelation that's just happened in that topic? It's now better than the honeytrap thread!

I'd HATE to be missing that thread right now

On the Gypsy topic, I am one of those people to have only had bad experiences with the travelling community - Though not to the extent that Villa Ajax describes. I'm sure there are some reasonable ones out there, perhaps even the majority of them could be classed as such, but my experience tells me that they harvest trouble for a living.

A large group of my friends used to work in Safeways (now morrisons) in Tewkesbury and they would regularly be subject to thieving from the gypsies. Not even the store security would stand up to them, so they would regularly be seen carrying various amounts of goods out of the store, under their arms.

Fighting would also be a fairly regular occurrence, amongst themselves as much as anything. If they were sat in the beer garden, you wouldnt go out there, simple as that.

One more thing, how the **** do they all afford Range Rovers for Gods sake!?

Oh what the actual ****?! **** Websense is blocking the FIFA 12 topic in the Games and Gaming forum! :rant:

You mean you've missed the incredible revelation that's just happened in that topic? It's now better than the honeytrap thread!

I'd HATE to be missing that thread right now

That i KNEW this was not the case but still had to check it out!!

Â