Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm currently rocking a full on Martin Gore / Adam Clayton / Nick Beggs for that 80's Rockstar vibe

You too? It’s à la mode, clearly, though many would be too shy to admit it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/03/2021 at 22:26, villa4europe said:

The wife said no...and I didn't have the balls to do it alone 

I think she would like me to have shoulder length 20 year old surfer hair, which is also a massive no go 

Why?

She's obviously right 😊

• Like 1

Got a phone call from a mortgage broker, after applying on line (and asking they email & not call me, but hey ho...) - a girl from Kingston on Hull calls me & starts talking at 100 mph - i tell her to slow down cos i cant understand her with her thick hull accent...........so she does....for a while........and then takes off again.

She asks me if me or my other half are on fairleeeerr.....................what ??! I ask her again...........she remembers my previous comment about talking too quickly & says "faaaaaaaaiiiirrrrrleeeeeeerrrr"...........oh, you meant "furlough" ? 

I then said i preferred to have email quotes - or "qeeeerrrts" & she says she can't, so i politely end the call - she was obviously after a deal there and then 😡

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

Oh and another thing that pisses me off but shouldn't is when folk refer to the Nike logo as a tick - its not, its a swoosh stripe !!

Edited by mottaloo

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jemmersons. 

There's a new advert out encouraging me to have a whiskey.

Jemmersons.

Didn't it used to be Jay-m-sons?

TBH over here it's most commonly pronounced Jemmehsons rather than Jaymehsons. Your added 'R' is probably English non-rhoticity.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

TBH over here it's most commonly pronounced Jemmehsons rather than Jaymehsons. Your added 'R' is probably English non-rhoticity.

I mean, I'm sure they know and I don't, they make the stuff - but I always thought I was getting it from James's son, not Gemma's.

56 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Got a phone call from a mortgage broker, after applying on line (and asking they email & not call me, but hey ho...) - a girl from Kingston on Hull calls me & starts talking at 100 mph - i tell her to slow down cos i cant understand her with her thick hull accent...........so she does....for a while........and then takes off again.

She asks me if me or my other half are on fairleeeerr.....................what ??! I ask her again...........she remembers my previous comment about talking too quickly & says "faaaaaaaaiiiirrrrrleeeeeeerrrr"...........oh, you meant "furlough" ? 

I then said i preferred to have email quotes - or "qeeeerrrts" & she says she can't, so i politely end the call - she was obviously after a deal there and then 😡

Bloody sales people, who do they think they are :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Oh and another thing that pisses me off but shouldn't is when folk refer to the Nike logo as a tick - its not, its a swoosh stripe !!

I like that people don't refer to it the way Nike want you to. Shows a complete failure in their attempted corporate brand-think

• Like 1

Â