Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

When I left the UK work football had dropped from twice a week to once a week and even that was a chore to organise, after work beers was drying up cos we were on site in Warwick and and the drive home was too much traffic if you timed it wrong, so it had mainly gone to corporate stuff and then a gang effort to make sure we were all invited to corporate stuff (corporate stuff is of course banned in Germany...) 

The only constant that remained was Friday morning breakfast club and at least 3 times a day where you got a cup of tea and chewed fat for 15 mins 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The sense of humour stuff is hit and miss, there's very very little craic, no football talk or Friday afternoon / Monday morning talk about your weekend, very little personal stuff and in my office absolutely no outside of the office get togethers, no football group, no beer group, been for an afterwork beer once in 2 years and that was cos a guy was leaving, there's no social secretary 

Apart from the one guy I moaned about last week they're not lazy in the sense that they seemingly waste all day talking shite, they talk very little, smoke an incredible amount 

Sounds like **** bliss.

I like my missus, my kids, and my mates far far more than I like the people I work with.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The sense of humour stuff is hit and miss, there's very very little craic, no football talk or Friday afternoon / Monday morning talk about your weekend, very little personal stuff and in my office absolutely no outside of the office get togethers, no football group, no beer group, been for an afterwork beer once in 2 years and that was cos a guy was leaving, there's no social secretary 

Sounds like where I work.

Even when someone would bring cakes or samosas in for a celebration you’d leave the desk, grab one, then scuttle back to your desk to carry on working.

Funnily enough, when I worked for a German company and travelled out there quite a bit they used to make much more effort on birthdays. Everyone would stop work for a while, mingle and chat. Even the seniors would join in for 15-20 minutes.

What I found incredibly German though was that they planned out all the celebrations on a calendar and moved the days you’d actually bring stuff in so that you’d not get any overlapping or close together. 
Birthday on a Monday but your cakes were Thursday as someone else had Monday :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

When people say ASAP. Makes me want to not do it ASAP and take my time. Even on emails, I find it annoying!

I get this a lot but its not ASAP it's... This enquiry is considered urgent.

I'll be the judge of that thanks

And if I've been woken up in the middle of the night for something that is urgent and it isn't..... oh dear

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

And if I've been woken up in the middle of the night for something that is urgent and it isn't..... oh dear

Definitely. I work for a mortgage lender so in reality their request/query/need is no greater than the next persons. Everyone has a deadline. I’ll prioritise the most pressing of course, but that’s my job. It’ll get done in time regardless. Whether that be ASAP or not!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Definitely. I work for a mortgage lender 

So its you to blame for asking for EWS1 forms for flats that don't need it! :) 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

In a previous job on IT i was a second level techie who worked shifts. If we couldn't fix stuff we'd escalate to 3rd level if required and call out, no matter what the time of night. Some were great and we'd feel bad for getting them out of bed at 2am on a freezing cold January morning.....then there were others on the call out rota who were complete words removed (a lot of really techie folk have little people skills) and we loved calling them....we'd even "mistakenly" call their mobile and then apologise for misreading the rota...then hang up and laugh. 

Immature i know but honestly, some of them deserved it. Obviously you'd be in the "great and helpful" category 😉

• Haha 2

No, no, no. That’s RICS. Safety first!

Hopefully their new guidance note from earlier this week help. Just need the lenders and valuers to get on the same page. 

Want to sell my flat this year and although its in a 13m block with no cladding (but does have brick render), i'm still a bit nervous. Going by the new RICS notes, it should be exempt now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

In a previous job on IT i was a second level techie who worked shifts. If we couldn't fix stuff we'd escalate to 3rd level if required and call out, no matter what the time of night. Some were great and we'd feel bad for getting them out of bed at 2am on a freezing cold January morning.....then there were others on the call out rota who were complete words removed (a lot of really techie folk have little people skills) and we loved calling them....we'd even "mistakenly" call their mobile and then apologise for misreading the rota...then hang up and laugh. 

Immature i know but honestly, some of them deserved it. Obviously you'd be in the "great and helpful" category 😉

It's the Police that generally call me out. My first question is... Is there an ongoing threat to life? if the answer is no, the next question is, why is this so urgent? If the answer doesn't pass my could have waited until the morning test then they get it with both barrels and get told to email me and not disturb me again

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hopefully their new guidance note from earlier this week help. Just need the lenders and valuers to get on the same page. 

Want to sell my flat this year and although its in a 13m block with no cladding (but does have brick render), i'm still a bit nervous. Going by the new RICS notes, it should be exempt now.  

Yeah it’s heading in the right direction, everyone knows it’s a massive issue in the industry. If the surveyor tells us we don’t need an EWS1 form, we don’t ask for one. The surveyors word is final typically. They live in ivory towers. Apologies if you’re a residential surveyor on here anyone! 

• Like 1

Napoleon Dynamite Mood GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Always an option... I did it last lockdown and hated it!

The wife said no...and I didn't have the balls to do it alone 

I think she would like me to have shoulder length 20 year old surfer hair, which is also a massive no go 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The wife said no...and I didn't have the balls to do it alone 

I think she would like me to have shoulder length 20 year old surfer hair, which is also a massive no go 

I defied the boss, sorry I mean wife, and did it anyway as it was ridiculously long and annoying. Turns out she was right as usual. I felt like a convict! Now I just rock the Lego hair like you apparently are 😆

• Like 1

Â