Things that piss you off that shouldn't

On 01/03/2021 at 02:05, theboyangel said:

pain from Tendonitis in my Achilles waking me up :(

I had tendonitis on the top of my foot once. Genuinely the worst pain i've ever had and i've had a lot of pain in my life!

It felt as though I had shattered every bone in my foot. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Snobs, it shouldn't but it does.

Great nightclub. 

• VT Supporter

Well, that's me staying out of On Topic for a while. 

And after all these years I think I finally need to resort to the 'ignore' function (although I don't know how to trigger it). 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Genie said:

Yep, also see

Birmingham fans are obsessed with Villa” and the other football thread when anybody in the bottom half of the championship is playing.

It’s reciprocated by many.

Its taking over social media too

Villa's official account put the full time result on and the first 10 comments include West ham, blues, wolves, man City fans with some childish garbage 

There's people posting pictures of Bamford on the tweets of the official villa account 

Its proper weird 

• VT Supporter

Just listed my daughters old TV on Facebook marketplace (first time I’ve ever listed anything for sale on there), got an enquiry straight away “what’s the lowest you will take, it’s for my disabled child”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Genie said:

Just listed my daughters old TV on Facebook marketplace (first time I’ve ever listed anything for sale on there), got an enquiry straight away “what’s the lowest you will take, it’s for my disabled child”.

Either that or they drop a 'key worker' line into it. 

Reminds me of that meme - "son's crying now, thanks"

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
1 minute ago, Xela said:

Either that or they drop a 'key worker' line into it. 

Reminds me of that meme - "son's crying now, thanks"

I don’t have an issue with the first part of the sentence, but to use a child’s disability as leverage to try and get a discount is a bit low imo.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Genie said:

My wife put an old TV on there the other week for free. She had 70+ messages in the first few minutes asking if it was still available.

She arranged a pick time with the first person who messaged, but they were a no show and they stopped replying to messages. She arranged pick up times with the next 3 or 4 people, none of them showed up after saying they would. One bloke said “I’ll be there in 10 minutes” several times throughout one day but never appeared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

And after all these years I think I finally need to resort to the 'ignore' function (although I don't know how to trigger it). 

Imagine if Villa won the league. Hard as it may be, imagine it.

Now imagine the absolute wailing, teeth gnashing, garment rending tone of the posts if Villa weren’t top or at the absolute minimum within three points of it by October the following season. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm sure I've told this story before, when I used to mod the Official Forums, they were nearly all essentially run by the same company and we found a backdoor into every teams forums and it wasn't even that hard to find, we found it by mistake. Essentially you logged into your forum then just changed the URL to the team you wanted, you were then able to view their forums but couldn't post or do anything. It was essentially a f***ed up cookie, Innocent enough unless you had Mod Tools on your board, you had them on every board

I used to delete topics and watch the shit fly between the fans and the mods. Sorry I should have pointed out that I only did this on the small heath forum

I had great fun with that posting on other forums, I think there was a lot of trolling on the Blackburn forum for some reason because there was just an ID in the address as the club identifier so it took lots of typing random IDs to find the other boards. If I recall correctly there was something a bit weird where mods on the real forum couldn't delete the posts from the intruders? 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I had great fun with that posting on other forums, I think there was a lot of trolling on the Blackburn forum for some reason because there was just an ID in the address as the club identifier so it took lots of typing random IDs to find the other boards. If I recall correctly there was something a bit weird where mods on the real forum couldn't delete the posts from the intruders? 

Yes that was true too now you mention it

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I still haven't forgiven you for banning me ;)

I went back after leaving and banned a certain mod (as a favour to the other mods) and caused mayhem

I've had the pleasure of ba... sorry no talking about moderation in the forum:mrgreen:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, bickster said:

I went back after leaving and banned a certain mod (as a favour to the other mods) and caused mayhem

I've had the pleasure of ba... sorry no talking about moderation in the forum:mrgreen:

I remember that! Tow something, towbar?

It was definitely a simplier time, people took the internet a lot less seriously in those days, mostly - the drama was real, but it stayed localised. The one thing I'm grateful for is that for the most part back then people were anonymous, some of the stuff I, as a dickhead teenager having a laugh in his bedroom, posted for effect back in those days on the OS, b3ta and a couple of other sites would probably have the police knocking if I'd been born a decade or two later and posted it on Facebook instead!

You can't even spam swastikas all over the forum in an ill-concieved effort to wind up the mod team without the PC brigade breathing down your neck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Davkaus said:

I remember that! Tow something, towbar?

It was definitely a simplier time, people took the internet a lot less seriously in those days, mostly - the drama was real, but it stayed localised. The one thing I'm grateful for is that for the most part back then people were anonymous, some of the stuff I, as a dickhead teenager having a laugh in his bedroom, posted for effect back in those days on the OS, b3ta and a couple of other sites would probably have the police knocking if I'd been born a decade or two later and posted it on Facebook instead!

You can't even spam swastikas all over the forum in an ill-concieved effort to wind up the mod team without the PC brigade breathing down your neck.

I can't remember if it was his username but he was known as Towbar Tony

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Didn't even know we had a game . 

Another defeat slept through it seems.😀

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â