Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The amount of people who have quit or are breaking down on the course I'm doing. You knew what you were getting yourself in to when you applied for the job and went through a stringent and highly competitive application process - why are you surprised it's **** hard?!

What course are you doing Jonno?

The amount of people who have quit or are breaking down on the course I'm doing. You knew what you were getting yourself in to when you applied for the job and went through a stringent and highly competitive application process - why are you surprised it's **** hard?!

Car mechanics.

From some of your past posts I have a feeling it may be quite similar to yours. :)

People who slurp hot drinks, and after every slurp go 'aaaaarrrrrr'!

Pirates?

What happened to that VT member that pretended to be a pirate?

Maybe it was too much to keep that act up all the while!

Pirates?

Yes i remember him! I actually used to like reading his posts, mad as a box of frogs but funny all the same! :)

Hard?! Three weeks of dossing about in a residential centre in Wales, interspersed with photocopying audit files in the office?!

From some of your past posts I have a feeling it may be quite similar to yours. :)

Ahhh, well in that case I bid you goodluck.

I only finished my course a couple of weeks ago coincidentally, after 6 years of arsing around.

Pirates?

Yes i remember him! I actually used to like reading his posts, mad as a box of frogs but funny all the same! :)

I used to chuckle, but I could never imagine having an actual discussion with him! :lol:

Arrrrrrrr

I always nick a stash of those and keep them in the glove locker. They're handy if you need to fiddle around under the bonnet on the way to work.

Is that a euphemism?

hahaha...

i keep a box of those latex gloves at home.

comes in handy when i'm doing DIY. :winkold:

Hard?! Three weeks of dossing about in a residential centre in Wales, interspersed with photocopying audit files in the office?!

I think they'd rather be doing the photocopying than professional exams though mate! Right, off to do a mock exam :wave:

Pirates?

He was awesome!

People who pointlessly call people names during an arguement, It makes them look stupid in my opinion.

"McLeish is a word removed"

"Houllier needs to **** off the french clearing in the woods"

"lerner is a **** prick"

"get this fucktard out!!"

why can't people just say "He's just not good enough manager, he needs to go....heck even you he needs to **** off.....without the pointless "french clearing in the woods" at the end which is inevitable on plenty people posts (well it was when he was in charge...)

unless geniunally despise the person for actions like say Joey Barton.

I see the latest round of casually xenophobic Facebook status updates has started then, with people blaming Johnny Foreigner and/or the Muslims for the Royal British Legion for being unable to sell poppies in certain areas of the country.

This is actually what happened with regards to the Poppy Appeal:

Birmingham charity ban hits British Legion poppy collectors

The legion will have to forgo collections in New Street and High Street on 11 and 12 November

The council has changed its application system to allow only one charity to collect in High Street at any one time.

It said another charity had applied first which meant the legion could not have collectors in New Street and High Street on 11 and 12 November.

The legion is permitted to collect in other areas of the city.

The Poppy Appeal officially starts in London a week before Remembrance Sunday, which falls on 13 November, giving fundraisers one week to make street collections. However, tins can be left in stores earlier.

Oxfam said it had waived its right to collect in Birmingham city centre on 5 November to allow the legion to collect on that day instead.

However, city council licensing restrictions remain in place for New Street and High Street for Armistice Day and the day after, on 11 and 12 November, because those days have already been booked by charities Shelter and the Anthony Nolan Trust.

Shelter said although it had been granted a licence for Armistice Day it had since cancelled the request.

'It's disgusting'

Birmingham City Council said it was investigating whether New Street and High Street were now free for the legion on Armistice Day.

Council leaders said the legion had to take responsibility for not making an earlier application, although the legion said there had been no formal deadline.

Ted Swann, West Midlands Royal British Legion vice president, said: "I think it's disgusting that they should do this on the city and all our soldiers representing us all over the world.

"It's the public who are going to be denied a street collection unless they can find a box."

Sgt Jones was killed by a bomb in Iraq. His mother Carol said the council collection rules were "petty"

Carol Jones, whose 37-year-old soldier son John was killed in Iraq, said she "couldn't believe" the situation.

Sgt Jones from Castle Bromwich, who served with the 1st Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, died from the injuries he received in a roadside bombing in Basra in November 2005.

His mother said: "The Royal British Legion have always respected the fallen, they're always there for the veterans.

"As far as I'm concerned they should have priority."

Opposition Labour leader Sir Albert Bore said: "I am calling on the officers, the Tory and Lib Dem leaders and everyone else involved, to join with me in making sure this problem is sorted, that common sense prevails and that the British Legion gets a satisfactory outcome."

The city council, which is run by a Liberal Democrat and Conservative coalition, said the rules had not changed but it was now following a first come, first served policy.

Licensing committee chairman Bruce Lines, who raised the issue at a council meeting on Tuesday, said: "Unfortunately they are unable to overturn that decision as it would be unlawful."

He said the charity licensing policy would be reviewed in light of the public's reaction.

And then a day or two later:

Royal British Legion allowed to sell poppies in Birmingham on 11/11/11

The Royal British Legion has won its battle to be allowed to collect in Birmingham in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday after council red-tape had stopped its fundraising plans.

The Royal British Legion had been forbidden from collecting in parts of Birmingham on November 11 and 12

The legion has been given city-centre time-slots by other charities after it had been forbidden from collecting in parts of the city centre on November 11 and 12.

A spokesman for the Royal British Legion in Birmingham said: ‘It was very generous of Shelter and Oxfam to give up their slots and we’re delighted this has all been resolved for everybody.’

Birmingham City Council said it was unable to force Shelter and other charities to switch the slots so the Royal British Legion could collect because that would have been unlawful.

A council spokesman said: ‘Shelter and The Anthony Nolan Trust have contacted the city council offering to relinquish their collection slots for November 11 and 12. The council can now offer these time-slots to the Royal British Legion.’

Tracy Griffin, Shelter’s director of fundraising, said the charity called Birmingham City Council ‘some months ago’ to cancel fundraising on November 11.

Carol Jones, whose 37-year-old soldier son John was killed in Iraq in 2005, said: ‘The Royal British Legion have always respected the fallen. As far as I’m concerned, they should have priority.’

The legion had been ‘disappointed not to be able to collect in parts of the city’, especially as the date 11/11/11 comes around once every 100 years. Last year, it raised £36million through its poppy appeal.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/875495-royal-british-legion-allowed-to-sell-poppies-in-birmingham#ixzz1YYQqWNgQ

I just wonder how many times over the next month we will see people copy and paste statements about this without actually stopping to look whether it is true or not? I have seen two already this week and I think it will be one of those things which gathers momentum very quickly.

Â