Things that piss you off that shouldn't

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

My daughter Chloe who is 27 and has decided to come and live with us again for god knows how long (love her to bits, but bit of a pain as me and Mrs T were happy just the two of us) 

She ALWAYS leaves her shoes under the kitchen table, she walks past the cupboard with the shoe rack in, to put them under the table. Mrs T and Chloe think its not a big deal. So when they were I out I took ALL the shoes, trainers and boots out of the cupboard and made a massive piled under the table 

Mrs T came home, gave me the look and just said Really Seriously,   I put them back and not mentioned it since 

You did nothing wrong here. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

My daughter Chloe who is 27 and has decided to come and live with us again for god knows how long (love her to bits, but bit of a pain as me and Mrs T were happy just the two of us) 

She ALWAYS leaves her shoes under the kitchen table, she walks past the cupboard with the shoe rack in, to put them under the table. Mrs T and Chloe think its not a big deal. So when they were I out I took ALL the shoes, trainers and boots out of the cupboard and made a massive piled under the table 

Mrs T came home, gave me the look and just said Really Seriously,   I put them back and not mentioned it since 

That's probably going to end up like the Gavin & Stacey "fishing incident" in in your house.

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

That's probably going to end up like the Gavin & Stacey "fishing incident" in in your house.

Never watched it so cant compare, now going to have to look it up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

My other half leaves her shoes half in and half out of the wardrobe on the floor. But the wardrobe has sliding doors.

So EVERY time I try to open my side of the wardrobe it gets stuck on shoes. There's plenty of room in the wardrobe for them. She literally just has to push them in a further 4 inches and it would be fine.

Bizarre

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You did nothing wrong here. 

I've done passive aggressive stuff like that at work. Some researchers here think it's fine to leave their equipment wet and used in front of our tool storage area where we engineers pick up our stuff. I've on several occasions taken about a 100 kg of wrenches in a couple of boxes and placed it on their chair and work desk.

It gets the message across. Even if it causes some what hostile work environment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got another gender spesific one. My gf makes great dinners. Good cook. She does however leave the kitchen looking like a complete mess. Literally pots, pans and leftovers everywhere.

The few times I make dinner, I automatically clean up whatever I use right away.

My buddy has the exact same problem. Man cooks and it's clean and organised. Woman cooks and it's Dresden 45. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've got another gender spesific one. My gf makes great dinners. Good cook. She does however leave the kitchen looking like a complete mess. Literally pots, pans and leftovers everywhere.

The few times I make dinner, I automatically clean up whatever I use right away.

My buddy has the exact same problem. Man cooks and it's clean and organised. Woman cooks and it's Dresden 45. 

My missus claims that the complete opposite is true. She's wrong, actually we both leave the kitchen in a mess. Personally, I don't care. I hate cooking and I don't mind clearing up - as discussed previously, I get to play music and finish off the wine in peace. The longer it takes, the better. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Back with women and dishwashers. Mrs M frequently partially empties it. 

We have a system; I have sole responsibility for loading the dishwasher and washing machine, she has sole responsibility to empty them.  Benefits to this are two-fold; 1) I hate emptying things and 2) this completely circumvents the formerly long-running debate about the proper way to load cutlery (as such I no longer have to hear the anecdote/lecture about the suspiciously unnamed "friend of the family" who was apparently paralysed through loading their cutlery into the dishwaser my way, in a Rube-Goldbergian sequence of events).

Mind you, come to think of it... now we've got our new Miele (odd to flex about white goods, I'll grant you) with the flat-loading cutlery tray, this wouldn't have been an issue anymore either.  Christ, maybe now I'm getting the lesser end of this deal?!  I mean it's not like she hangs the clothes up, that still falls to both of us.  Looks like I need to do some mental math on the ol' domestic chore stock exchange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of you have bizarre arrangements with your significant others. Defined you load ,I'll empty , type "arrangements " would do my head in

Ours is far less regimented and really about who has the most time  on their hands at a given time  .... or happens to have made the mistake of wanting some cutlery / glasses  minutes after the dishwasher has finished .

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Some of you have bizarre arrangements with your significant others. Defined you load ,I'll empty , type "arrangements " would do my head in

Ours is far less regimented and really about who has the most time  on their hands at a given time  .... or happens to have made the mistake of wanting some cutlery / glasses  minutes after the dishwasher has finished .

That's because you're a barbarian who doesn't even understand the Even Numbered Volume rule. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

then do absolutely bugger all in the hope the other person blinks first.

We have that in our office with the leave one sheet of toilet paper on the roll trick ... you just pray that someone else had needed bog roll before your next visit and has replaced the roll

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â