Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

54 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Well....i am friends with the petshop boys, if that's what you mean ?

Well....the quiet one, anyway 😉

It was aimed at Telephone Man (aka @Xela) from your OP...but if the cap fits... ;)

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Didn't realise we had so many 'alphas' on here ;) 

I’ve conducted the necessary research and spoken to the relevant scholars on the subject and can confirm that a female friend has never, in recorded history, initiated a phone conversation with a man having literally just been texting that same man, unless she was interested in him romantically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ve conducted the necessary research and spoken to the relevant scholars on the subject and can confirm that a female friend has never, in recorded history, initiated a phone conversation with a man having literally just been texting that same man, unless she was interested in him romantically.

Rest assured if I had wanted to pursue a romance I would have picked up ;) 

• Like 1

People on phones again. Here is something from my fountain of knowledge 

I was given this tip many years ago and still use it today. If you are in conversation with some one and have had enough,

Hang up during the sentence you are speaking. No one hangs up when they are speaking and so the caller believes its you that got cut off and then dont reply when they call back 

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I just opened my car boot for the first time since boxing day.

I'd forgotten I'd put the 35,000 cardboard boxes from Christmas day in there.

I was momentarily confused. 

I thought you meant you were opening a car boot sale type thing where your USP is cardboard boxes,  that's why you had so many.

• Haha 1

I habitually check the Google 'here's stuff that might interest you atm' feed thing on my phone. Usually it's rubbish but every now and then there's something I might be interested in.

Today, one of the stories is from the Birmingham Mail website, one I was never going to click on because it's the Mail site. But still... The story is 'Heavy snow expected, but set to miss Birmingham'.

Why does the Birmingham Mail feel it's readers need to know there's snow somewhere else?

I appreciate that is almost certainly down to them producing these articles in bulk across the country and their various imprints and making minor changes to make them locally relevant, but still...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do love how local news desperately try and get a hook into an international story.

Huge bomb blast in Bolivia - Here’s Steve from Castle Bromwich who’s old neighbour once flew over Bolivia on his way to South Africa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Risso said:

But I'm quite sure that you'll tell me, just how I should feel today.

I assume that's a lyric from the execrable New Order song.

Room 101 candidate. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I habitually check the Google 'here's stuff that might interest you atm' feed thing on my phone. Usually it's rubbish but every now and then there's something I might be interested in.

Today, one of the stories is from the Birmingham Mail website, one I was never going to click on because it's the Mail site. But still... The story is 'Heavy snow expected, but set to miss Birmingham'.

Why does the Birmingham Mail feel it's readers need to know there's snow somewhere else?

I appreciate that is almost certainly down to them producing these articles in bulk across the country and their various imprints and making minor changes to make them locally relevant, but still...

I was hoping you'd tell us something ridiculous like the snow was scheduled to land in Hamburg or something :D  Classic Brum Mail.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I assume that's a lyric from the execrable New Order song.

Room 101 candidate. 

Hah when I saw your first post I was going to reply that as you are MJM I had better not respond with what I posted round my WhatsApp groups today.  But now you've gone and asked for it:

Apparently today is Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year. 

If you are feeling a little low today can I recommend that you play Blue Monday by New Order on your stereo and have a bop around your kitchen. You'll feel a damn sight better then. 

Go one, you know you want to MJM😉

Â