Things that piss you off that shouldn't

I am quite good at typing,  I can touch type 80 % of the time in both English and Dutch.

I type the word "Price" a lot at work.  99 times out of 100 I type "Proce".

I swear to god,  it's like a weird tik or something,  ever since I started work,  this one word.

Next thing I type is below ☺️,  reason for the edit.  &%$#

image.png.1c77637328cd95b005b523b2dedf4145.png

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1
Just now, Genie said:

Proice is brummy for price. 

I know,  I am from Brum.  But this is the only word that a) is the same as my accent,  b) cant type it.

I could get away with it if i worked in Brum,  I work with 100 Chinese people,  they think i have a undiagnosed brain injury as it is with my accent anyway 😄  

15 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I know,  I am from Brum.  But this is the only word that a) is the same as my accent,  b) cant type it.

I could get away with it if i worked in Brum,  I work with 100 Chinese people,  they think i have a undiagnosed brain injury as it is with my accent anyway 😄  

I work with a guy called Marius and I always write his name as MArius because I’m too slow to get off the shift key.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We are all brothers and sisters, made wholly of cosmic dust.

We should remember that.

You speak for yourself. I'm made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails. 

Disaster of a situation. 

I have a puncture, no worries can change it. Jack it up, it slips and damages the bottom of the body of the car. Ok annoying but I can still change it. Jack it up again, I cant find the unlock key for the wheel nuts anywhere. I've changed my tyres twice since I've had the car (summer to winter tyres and back again) so I called the guy who changed them last and he doesnt have a clue where it is. 

So I still have a puncture and I've damaged my car for nothing. 

• Sad 2

I’m not usually one for posting in this thread, not really a negative vibes kinda guy.

But.

I got drawn out of the hat to go watch some football this evening, home game against Haverfordwest. So it should be a decent game, my first one of the season and potentially, given the literal luck of the draw, my only chance to watch some football for a long time.

I declined the ticket because I’ve been out and about on site so much since the end of last week. I think I’m fine but there’s no point in taking too many chances, I’ve been up and down the country, I don’t want to be in the frame by the slimmest of possibilities if someone at the footy gets the fungus. The right thing to do.

I’ve just been told that this evening is ‘book group skype’, so if it’s ok with me, can I sit quietly out the other room for a couple of hours!

@*&^!^%@$£!

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just been told that this evening is ‘book group skype’, so if it’s ok with me, can I sit quietly out the other room for a couple of hours!

@*&^!^%@$£!

There’s loads of footy on TV tonight, EFL cup, La Liga, Serie A. Couple of beers and some football to pass the time sounds like a good compromise to me!

Newport versus Newcastle on Sky Sports

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s loads of footy on TV tonight, EFL cup, La Liga, Serie A. Couple of beers and some football to pass the time sounds like a good compromise to me!

Newport versus Newcastle on Sky Sports

Cheers!

I don’t have anything like Sky Sports (unless its a freebie buried deep down there between ITV4+1 and Babestation), nothing above the absolute minimum basic tv package for me. I just don’t watch enough tv to warrant paying more than minimum.

Though I have discovered this season that I can get S4C / Sgorio on the i-pad. So that’s been handy a couple of times.

I think I’ll just be spending 2 hours posting obscure ‘80’s mod bands in the Albums thread...

When you can't get a process to work, and you recall you had the same issue last year and you someone got it to work, but you can't recall how you got it to work, and you know tomorrow morning when I lack at it first thing I will work it out instantly.

If all the above is in place. Why can I not access this memory right now.

My wife goes to the doctor's surgery for a routine blood test. While there, she asks to book a flu jab. 

Nurse: "You're not entitled to priority, you're not over 65, you'll have to go on a waiting list". 

Mrs M: "I AM entitled to priority, have been for years, as I have to take immuno-suppressant drugs for my rheumatoid arthritis". 

Nurse: "Oh, do you have R.A.? I didn't realise". 

Mrs M: "Well, that's why I'm getting a routine blood test - it's all there on the screen in front of you". 

Nurse: "Oh, yes" (arranges appointment for next week). 

Mrs M returns home, checks calendar and realises that the date arranged clashes with another hospital appointment. Phones surgery to rearrange flu jab. Long wait. Eventually (missing out a lot of telephone system anarchy here), she gets through to a secretary. 

Mrs M: "I'd like to rearrange my flu jab (gives name)" 

Secretary: "You're not entitled to priority, you're not over 65, you'll have to go on a waiting list". 

Mrs M: "I AM entitled to priority, have been for years, as I have to take immuno-suppressant drugs for my rheumatoid arthritis".

Secretary: "I don't know anything about that. I'll put you on the waiting list" (hangs up). 

So she's letting some time pass in order to calm down before phoning them AGAIN.... 

Edited by mjmooney

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â