AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

The first 12 words tell me all I need to know to be honest!

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh and contacting Hermes would tell you to contact the seller, and contacting the seller would tell you to contact Hermes 😬

To be fair to my seller, they were very helpful. Massively apologetic, very pissed off with Hermes, made sure it was delivered the next day, refunded the delivery charges, and phoned me back afterwards to check that the stuff had arrived. Gear4Music in York. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He has always been the kind to smack girls on the arse at work and finally someone took exception to it and reported him so he got sacked.

Ridiculous for him to think that is in anyway acceptable nowadays, with feminism and equal rights and all that.

He should be smacking men’s bums too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Ridiculous for him to think that is in anyway acceptable nowadays, with feminism and equal rights and all that.

He should be smacking men’s bums too.

Does Paddy want to get whacked? ;) 

Maybe more just a thing that pisses me off but I was just curiously browsing dogs for sale for no particular reason and was shocked and appalled at the amount of seriously deformed dogs for sale for absolutely silly money. 

One example is a dog missing its back for 5 grand

https://www.donedeal.ie/dogs-for-sale/top-class-male/24633965

Nzk1NWZiNWVkMjhiZDU0MDNlOGE4MGEzMDg2MTAzNjU9EJsh6nZyIdX58tklXlQFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU5MDgyNDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Countless amounts of bulldogs and pugs being sold for crazy prices too and those poor dogs have terrible lives with their deformities. I will never understand the appeal and do have a low opinion of the dog owners who create the demand for this madness.

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Maybe more just a thing that pisses me off but I was just curiously browsing dogs for sale for no particular reason and was shocked and appalled at the amount of seriously deformed dogs for sale for absolutely silly money. 

Nzk1NWZiNWVkMjhiZDU0MDNlOGE4MGEzMDg2MTAzNjU9EJsh6nZyIdX58tklXlQFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU5MDgyNDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Countless amounts of bulldogs and pugs being sold for crazy prices too and those poor dogs have terrible lives with their deformities. I will never understand the appeal and do have a low opinion of the dog owners who create the demand for this madness.

Don’t buy, rescue. 

I have a friend that has relatively senior position in the Kennel Club and when a German Shepherd with an overly sloped back won best of breed At Crufts a few years back he told me that was one that slipped through the net and they are working with GS breeders. I feel its too late, the breed standard is a slightly sloped back but as you have posted above, that is becoming the norm. 
All breeders contribute to the problem and thats why I stress, go to a rescue centre and rescue a dog. 

Nicest day of the year and there's a swarm of bees in our back garden. FML. 

EDIT: AAAND as I speak, the masonry bees wake up in the chimney and start buzzing into the living room. At least they don't sting, like their outside mates. 

Edited by mjmooney

I think the lockdown 8 or so weeks ago started longest period of sunny, warm (but not too hot), settled dry weather that I can remember.

UK tourist industry would be having an absolutely incredible time of they were open for business.

On 18/05/2020 at 10:51, chrisp65 said:

They work in decimal points of an inch. The internal rage that causes me is out of all proportion. 

Can you measure the rage though ? 

It the date format that sends me wrong to be honest. M d y. Just **** off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Can you measure the rage though ? 

It the date format that sends me wrong to be honest. M d y. Just **** off.

Same here. I think it was compounded by the 11/9 tragedy - 911 being the US emergency phone number. 

• Like 1

And the spin off, trying to keep everyone in an office date filing photos by Year. Month. Day.

There aren’t many crimes that still deserve the death penalty but filing site photos wrongly, that’s right up there.

2020.02.19 = good

19.02.2020 = bad

Feb Photos = I will hunt you down and hurt you

New Temp Folder 162634544526 = I will hunt you down and kill you and everyone with the same surname just in case they have the same sick twisted gene defect.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I am in Feb photos but these are last year I need the Feb before that,  whats going on Chrisp65. 

Oh no, close the ticket its OK,  found it,  there's a fold in there called "New Folder" and a folder in there called "New Folder2" .   They are all in there 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Where does this back thing come from? I knew about pugs but never heard of this with German shepherds (not v clued up on dogs!). Does it cause health problems?

I’ve been interested in getting a dog for a while, but not having come from a dog owning family, I’m completely clueless.

On 17/05/2020 at 20:35, limpid said:

I have two deliveries overdue from Hermes. One is from the US - it's arrived in the UK on Tuesday and is just "in London". The other, I've been promised by Wednesday - which means Hermes haven't even collected it yet a week from when the collection was booked.

On 02/05/2020 at 10:58, limpid said:

What pisses me off but shouldn't is people complaining about delivery times :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Where does this back thing come from? I knew about pugs but never heard of this with German shepherds (not v clued up on dogs!). Does it cause health problems?

I’ve been interested in getting a dog for a while, but not having come from a dog owning family, I’m completely clueless.

The breed standard is to have slight slope but with all breeders it comes down to money and in the end over breeding happens. 
https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/services/public/breed/standard.aspx?id=5106

Hind angulation sufficient if imaginary line dropped from point of buttocks cuts through lower thigh just in front of hock, continuing down slightly in front of hindfeet. Angulations corresponding approximately with front angulation, without over-angulation. Seen from rear, the hind legs are straight and parallel to each other. The hocks are strong and firm. The rear pasterns are vertical. Any tendency towards over-angulation of hindquarters, weak hocks, cow hocks or sickle hooks, is to be heavily penalised 

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/services/public/breed/watch/display.aspx?breed=5106

Points of concern for special attention by judges

Cow hocks

Excessive turn of stifle

Nervous temperament

Sickle hock

Weak hindquarters

Weak hindquarters etc produce the sloped back and in turn back problems. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/crufts-accused-of-cruelty-after-german-shepherd-with-sloped-back-wins-best-in-breed-a6930546.html%3famp

Crufts has been accused of perpetuating cruelty to animals after a German Shepherd with a sloped back was named best in breed by judges.

Hundreds complained to the Kennel Club over footage of Cruaghaire Catoria which shows the dog with a slanting back seeming to impede the movements of her rear legs.

words removed. 
Now I know that people have bought off breeders, recognised or back yard, on here. Some might actually be breeders. Broadly I don’t hate you, in the same way I don’t hate a specific cyclist. I hate the people that perpetuate this, that enable this industry and who allow over breeding by enabling the sale of dogs.
I am on my 4th rescue dog, the joy they have brought me is immeasurable. My Shih tzu was used for breeding and went through a lot of shit at the hands of the breeder. Every day is a day where she trusts us more. The breeder, I hope their remote control batteries run out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Don’t get me started on the parthenon marbles. Only the UK honours system boils my piss more. 

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

And the spin off, trying to keep everyone in an office date filing photos by Year. Month. Day.

There aren’t many crimes that still deserve the death penalty but filing site photos wrongly, that’s right up there.

2020.02.19 = good

19.02.2020 = bad

New Temp Folder 162634544526 = I will hunt you down and kill you and everyone with the same surname just in case they have the same sick twisted gene defect.

You know you can search by date created yeah?

On 18/05/2020 at 07:00, Seat68 said:

I should wear hearing aids all the time.

The mechanical bullriding music makes sense now :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

Â