Jump to content
AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

Recommended Posts

A bit mental in Poland today.

There's a protest artist called Kazik, who usually wrote anti-Communist songs, and won the chart a few times. He wrote a new song, this time critical of the current government, which again won the chart, and the state controlled radio station running the chart, pulled the entire chart stating the song 'was not on the approved list'.

The context of the song is, 10 years ago there was the Smolensk disaster, and the President and many others died; at the time, the President was the twin brother of the guy who basically runs the country (leader of the ruling party). On the 10th anniversary of the disaster, during lockdown, the leaders went to the memorial, no masks, no distance whilst keeping the gates locked for anyone else to show respects. The song is called 'Your pain is better than mine'.

Now, the most popular Male artist (think Bieber of Poland) is boycotting the radio station. It's mental. You've got a real culture war going on here between the ruling Government and their devout followers and the rest of us.

@fightoffyour do you know any more??

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The lady afforded the job of issuing passports literally told my Colombian friend of African descent that he needed to go back to his own country. 

in Australia? A nation of immigrants, that mostly still identify to a degree with their families "old country"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

A bit mental in Poland today.

There's a protest artist called Kazik, who usually wrote anti-Communist songs, and won the chart a few times. He wrote a new song, this time critical of the current government, which again won the chart, and the state controlled radio station running the chart, pulled the entire chart stating the song 'was not on the approved list'.

The context of the song is, 10 years ago there was the Smolensk disaster, and the President and many others died; at the time, the President was the twin brother of the guy who basically runs the country (leader of the ruling party). On the 10th anniversary of the disaster, during lockdown, the leaders went to the memorial, no masks, no distance whilst keeping the gates locked for anyone else to show respects. The song is called 'Your pain is better than mine'.

Now, the most popular Male artist (think Bieber of Poland) is boycotting the radio station. It's mental. You've got a real culture war going on here between the ruling Government and their devout followers and the rest of us.

@fightoffyour do you know any more??

I think you said it all!

The Polish government is worryingly trying to control many things, the judiciary being another recent example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hermes

Ordered an item that was sent via Hermes, got a text last Monday to say it was with Hermes at the warehouse and would be delivered Tuesday, in Wednesday I get an email to say it's been delayed and would be delivered in 24 hours, still hasn't been delivered, cant contact anyone other than webchat who only tell me the same thing, the parcel is delayed as of Wednesday and they will deliver in the next 24 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hermes

Ordered an item that was sent via Hermes, got a text last Monday to say it was with Hermes at the warehouse and would be delivered Tuesday, in Wednesday I get an email to say it's been delayed and would be delivered in 24 hours, still hasn't been delivered, cant contact anyone other than webchat who only tell me the same thing, the parcel is delayed as of Wednesday and they will deliver in the next 24 hours

This is the item I ordered from eBay coming via Hermes

B367043-C-E283-4-F09-932-F-C8213-F908-C7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hermes

Ordered an item that was sent via Hermes, got a text last Monday to say it was with Hermes at the warehouse and would be delivered Tuesday, in Wednesday I get an email to say it's been delayed and would be delivered in 24 hours, still hasn't been delivered, cant contact anyone other than webchat who only tell me the same thing, the parcel is delayed as of Wednesday and they will deliver in the next 24 hours

I have two deliveries overdue from Hermes. One is from the US - it's arrived in the UK on Tuesday and is just "in London". The other, I've been promised by Wednesday - which means Hermes haven't even collected it yet a week from when the collection was booked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

I have two deliveries overdue from Hermes. One is from the US - it's arrived in the UK on Tuesday and is just "in London". The other, I've been promised by Wednesday - which means Hermes haven't even collected it yet a week from when the collection was booked.

Most other couriers and delivery services are managing ok, Hermes seem to be having a shocker. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Most other couriers and delivery services are managing ok, Hermes seem to be having a shocker. 

Business as usual for Hermes.

I've had so many poor experiences with them and Yodel, I specifically check which couriers any site use, and I just won't buy from them if those two are the only option.

I'll happily pay a few quid to get RM or DPD rather than have days of frustration as those clowns attempt to deliver a parcel.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herpes are constantly the worse couriers in my opinion. 

DPD being generally the best. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Business as usual for Hermes.

I've had so many poor experiences with them and Yodel, I specifically check which couriers any site use, and I just won't buy from them if those two are the only option.

I'll happily pay a few quid to get RM or DPD rather than have days of frustration as those clowns attempt to deliver a parcel.

This. Hermes have always been shite. I once took a day off work, having paid them for delivery on a specific day. Didn't turn up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. Hermes have always been shite. I once took a day off work, having paid them for delivery on a specific day. Didn't turn up. 

I bought a £350 parcel that for some reason shipped with Hermes. I had daily emails with the retailer for 4 weeks - because it's impossible to actually talk to a human at Hermes - before they gave up and just sent me another one via a different courier. 

They tried to deliver 7 times but there was nobody home (they didn't, I was).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hermes

Ordered an item that was sent via Hermes, got a text last Monday to say it was with Hermes at the warehouse and would be delivered Tuesday, in Wednesday I get an email to say it's been delayed and would be delivered in 24 hours, still hasn't been delivered, cant contact anyone other than webchat who only tell me the same thing, the parcel is delayed as of Wednesday and they will deliver in the next 24 hours

Exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Every day I’d get a message saying it was out for delivery and then a second message saying there had been a delay but it would be with me in 24 hours. 
 

It took 8 days. 
 

Now I wasn’t desperate for it and obviously coronavirus so I cut them some slack. But what annoyed me was the constant “it will definitely be with you in 24 hours” and then it wouldn’t be. I’d rather they just say it was delayed than keep telling me it’s coming when it isn’t. 
 

Oh and contacting Hermes would tell you to contact the seller, and contacting the seller would tell you to contact Hermes 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'll happily pay a few quid to get RM or DPD 

b4c176f4e03db937e0e92178d32277e2.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xela said:

Herpes are constantly the worse . 

I'm sure there is some cream you can get for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should wear hearing aids all the time. I’m not deaf but you are probably going to need to repeat what you said. I haven’t worn them in a while but starting again today. My wife has always been loud, but my life she is off the scale. Its my fault though as apparently she is loud because I don’t hear her very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2020 at 10:50, mottaloo said:

Was this the guy who got sacked for "slapping a bird's arse in the office" (I'm a child of the 70s, so please excuse my lack of pc-ness) ? 

Or am i thinking about a different VTer ?

 

On 15/05/2020 at 12:10, sharkyvilla said:

Yes that's the one, good memory.  He's now started stalking her online sending nasty messages and making complaints about her at work.  She's 18 and just out of college, her older sister works on my department and I'm friends with both.  That's why I said I have lost all respect for him and I must look like a dickhead by association.  His behaviour towards women has always been pretty shocking.  

Just to echo @mottaloo, no matter how hard it always is to lose a friend, you've done the right thing cutting this guy loose. I remember thinking he sounded like he was being a prize arse then first time you wrote about him. The only way he'll ever change his behaviour, before the criminal justice system gets involved, is if he realises that his actions have serious negative consequences for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to be reminded of what he was doing the first time you spoke about him. I think I missed it but I'm curious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think poorly integrated map solutions in engineering companies across different disciplines, that just does my head in. Currently doing engineering work for a new railway, and some times I have to deliver stuff in ARC-GIS, sometimes in CAD, sometimes in straight up KOF files, and some guys want things physically drawn up. Does my head in. I'm by all means very average at all these softwares, but I normally manage to find a way to deliver, but the lack of communication just annoys the feck out of me. You go to a meeting and people just assume you got stuff ready the way they want it. If you want the **** thing in ARC-GIS just tell me a week in advance, or ideally 2-3 weeks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think poorly integrated map solutions in engineering companies across different disciplines, that just does my head in. Currently doing engineering work for a new railway, and some times I have to deliver stuff in ARC-GIS, sometimes in CAD, sometimes in straight up KOF files, and some guys want things physically drawn up. Does my head in. I'm by all means very average at all these softwares, but I normally manage to find a way to deliver, but the lack of communication just annoys the feck out of me. You go to a meeting and people just assume you got stuff ready the way they want it. If you want the **** thing in ARC-GIS just tell me a week in advance, or ideally 2-3 weeks.

Every once in a while we partner up with U.S. firm to do some drawing work.

They work in decimal points of an inch. The internal rage that causes me is out of all proportion. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd like to be reminded of what he was doing the first time you spoke about him. I think I missed it but I'm curious 

He has always been the kind to smack girls on the arse at work and finally someone took exception to it and reported him so he got sacked.  It's a positive thing that younger women seem to feel less pressure to take it as a joke nowadays.  I thought he had taken it on the chin but all of a sudden he and his missus (they've just had a baby) have started sending stuff even to her Mum calling her a 'millennial snowflake word removed' since I posted the other day.  I would happily volley his jaw off but he is from a very rough family you don't want to get on the wrong side of.  Best to just cut him out. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â