Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Yes, Nationwide have cornered the market with shit annoying adverts with shit annoying songs/poems/stand up by shit annoying people. It must be a deliberate marketing ploy.

They do it to get it stuck in our minds and we then talk about it.

Just like that annoying, squiggly moustached opera singer...."go compare !!"

My all time irritating one was Boots xmas advert from a few years ago and their "here come the girls" jingle 😡

On 19/04/2020 at 18:16, mjmooney said:

It pisses me off that I've never been any good at knowing street names in city centres. I usually remember one or two of the thoroughfares, but beyond that, if I have to give directions to somebody, I have to describe buildings, pubs or shops. e.g. in Brum, I know New Street, Hill Street and Corporation Street, and that's about it. Colmore Row? Not sure. Yet I could find my way around on foot - I have a good mental 'map' - it's just that I can never remember the actual street names. Admittedly, I haven't lived in Birmingham for nearly fifty years (!), but I'm the same with Leeds, where I have. The Headrow, Briggate, and Vicar Lane - beyond that, I know what they look like, and I've heard and read the names a million times, but if somebody tells me to go to Calverley Street or Park Lane, I have to ask them to describe what buildings are there. 

Most people don't even know the name of the road at the end of their road

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Most people don't even know the name of the road at the end of their road

Ah, there speaks the taxi man. 

Actually, I'm OK with local road names. It's just city centre streets that I never seem to learn. 

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Ads that mock up a zoom screen. Co op one in particular is pissing me off. "Can you hear me?"

It’s the likes of Tesco with their we doing our bit for you in troubling times .....whilst quietly putting our prices up , that piss me off 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, people tend to forget the latter (it was pretty shit, compared to WDYGTML). 

I expect you know that he was the brother of Ian Sarstedt, AKA Eden Kane (Get Lost was a big hit for him).

2 hours ago, veloman said:

I expect you know that he was the brother of Ian Sarstedt, AKA Eden Kane (Get Lost was a big hit for him).

Eden Kane was Richard Sarstedt, wasn't he? And the other brother Clive (aka Robin) Sarstedt WAS a one-hit wonder in the 70s with a version of the standard "My Resistance is Low". 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Eden Kane was Richard Sarstedt, wasn't he? And the other brother Clive (aka Robin) Sarstedt WAS a one-hit wonder in the 70s with a version of the standard "My Resistance is Low". 

Yep , you are dead right; I have been mis-informed. (Robin Sarstedt number  was in 3/4 time😀 I think ).

• Like 1

Please allow me a boring moan about boring work.

Due to a lot of our departments temporarily closing and a lot of people being off sick etc, those of us that can work from home are being trained how to work several processes via video conference to cover them. I've gone from having literally nothing to do at the start of the year for 2-3 months to having work coming out my ears.

Yesterday a group of us were shown where and how to save various documents and screenshots that solicitors have requested from us. After 90 minutes of going through a previously worked case we were asked to go away and individually write an example email that we would send to the solicitor, attach the documents and send this to the trainer to be checked.

I thought it was a pointless exercise as we could have just seen the email that was actually sent and use this as a template when working our own cases. Plus I had plenty of other things I needed to get on with. Anyway, I spent the afternoon composing this email (that only the trainer was going to see) - listed all the documents, explained what they were and gave a detailed explanation of what's happened with the case over a period of two years; roughly 1,500-2000 words. I saw a few other people's email and they were all very similar.

Our feedback was that we had all gone in to too much detail and we were shown the email that was actually sent.

"Dear XXXXX

Regarding case reference XXXXX, please find attached the documents you have requested.

Yours Faithfully

XXXXX"

What an absolute waste of everybody's time. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

25 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

blah blah boring post (as usual from this cretin). 

What an absolute waste of everybody's time. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Well I know just how much of your couple of cells worth of brain power that would have taken buddy, so I believe you probably just threw some shit you already had in your hand out of frustration. 

Don't fret, you'll soon be back to doing **** all in a couple of months.  Just think of this as a chance to show yourself just what you can do! 

season 7 mystery with a twist GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

On 31/03/2020 at 21:29, lapal_fan said:

Moan post coming up.

My big procurement project at work had a deadline of 4pm today.  Last week, yesterday and today have been so stressful.  I can't emphasise enough just how much of a toll it's taken on me, and I "don't do stress".  

First it was the trust being difficult, not allowing the required time to complete my companies necessary legal/commercial governance.. that finished at 4.30pm today, half an hour after the energy markets close.

We were meant to hand over 4 signed contracts by 3.30.. the guy signing them was working from home and didn't have a printer.. I found that out at 4.45pm.

The company involved in getting the energy deal were having to call the suppliers to stop them locking the door on the deal, which would have seen the trust out of contract and spending an extra 10k PER DAY on gas/electric.

But it was the Trust's CFO at 1pm who, despite giving me the thumbs up on the 11th of March asking to see the rates, then my boss giving me *12* minutes to change the format completely into a full excel spreadsheet.

As of 6pm, I still don't know if those contracts have reached the right place, I still don't know if we are now out of contract until 10am tomorrow, when the markets open.

At 10am this morning, I found out my accounts payable hadn't paid our electricity suppliers, meaning we're "officially" in debt.. you can't put a new contract in place until all debt is cleared.. I put those invoices onto our system in February.. someone in AP was dressing our accounts.. meaning we could have lost this contract.  Meaning the trust are out of contract, meaning the very thing I'm responsible for has failed to materialise, meaning I'm up for the ass **** if there is one.

Plus working from home with a 5 year old, a wife trying to do her job and a 10 month old who we think is allergic to formula milk because he's in screaming pain every time he poops.

I'm honestly on the edge, and I've never felt anything like it.

Sorry for the moan, it's not like me, but it's good to get it down.

Hopefully tomorrow I get the answer I'm hoping for, then I can face the repercussions after, as well as getting loads more shit done for trust because apparently they think I'm an accountant.

Mental.

"wah wah wah, i can't handle it :("

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

haha, drafting a letter for a training exercise is a bit different to a hospital going out of contract :lol:  

No it was the fact I had to draft a pointless email thinking it was part of my accreditation when I could have been actually doing the other four or five important things that I was being chased to do before the end of the day.

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

No it was the fact I had to draft a pointless email thinking it was part of my accreditation when I could have been actually doing the other four or five important things that I was being chased to do before the end of the day.

Ok, Mr President 

spongebob squarepants laughing GIF

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Dear XXXXX

Regarding case reference XXXXX, please find attached the documents you have requested.

Yours Faithfully

XXXXX"

My standard response to similar rquests is

RE: XXXX

Hi XXXX

Please see attached files

Kind regards,

Yours is way too wordy

20 hours ago, Genie said:

Yes, Nationwide have cornered the market with shit annoying adverts with shit annoying songs/poems/stand up by shit annoying people. It must be a deliberate marketing ploy.

Halifax annoy me as well. Adverts with Top Cat and the Flintstones. 

You're a bank, you are not my friend and you are not cool. 

• Like 1

Â