AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

And for the double whammy, the meat counter opened today and the improvement was that they made it smaller

british airways customer service. **** USELESS

Most annoying element is the only reason I need to call them, is they are the **** who changed my flight in the first place, which means I now need to move it on to a different day. I can change a day online, but not without it trying to charge me money for the pleasure, and considering they're the bellends who changed the flight I should be entitled to get the change done for free. But that means calling the incompetent clearings in the woods up. 1 hr on the phone this morning, mostly on hold. When I did get through to someone, they took details, put me on hold for 5 minutes as their system went down, then once she spoke to me again, said "bear with me, I'll see what I can do".

And it turns out what that talentless clearing in the woods can do is put me on hold so long she managed to get me sent back to a queue and to a different customer service line, so when I did speak to someone else they were like "why are you calling us, no,no you should be calling this number," and before I could interject with anger, he'd passed me on, back into hold land, back into a queue, where I speak to a final idiot who can barely understand English and my patience had worn so thin, that when she said, "we're a bit busy, could you try calling back later" I exploded. Had to hang up, as my morning hour pre-work starting had gone, a time I usually reserve for relaxing with a book or a tea, wasted trying to deal with these utter rocket polishers, and I still got nowhere! I've got to go through it all again!

• Like 1

Saw this on BBC website and thought, that would surely leave them really thin on the ground?

Around 450 jobs will be cut from BBC News under plans to complete its £80m savings target by 2022

But then later on it says

BBC News currently employs around 6,000 people, including 1,700 outside the UK. Its budget after the changes will be around £480m per year.

6000 people, and £480m to bring the news, what the fook!?!!

Link

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

Saw this on BBC website and thought, that would surely leave them really thin on the ground?

But then later on it says

6000 people, and £480m to bring the news, what the fook!?!!

Link

Don't worry, they'll have that down to just Kussenburg, reading state sponsored 'news', infront of a picture of chairman Boris, soon enough. 

• Like 3

The ultimate word removed move has been pulled.

Mandatory meeting. 12.30 to 1.30. Not even a literal meeting. Dial in.

The only justifiable reason for a meeting to be scheduled over lunch is if its literally a lunch meeting. I.e. a meeting, during which you are having lunch somewhere. 

Best bit? Absolutely nothing in said meeting has any relevance to my job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The ultimate word removed move has been pulled.

Mandatory meeting. 12.30 to 1.30. Not even a literal meeting. Dial in.

The only justifiable reason for a meeting to be scheduled over lunch is if its literally a lunch meeting. I.e. a meeting, during which you are having lunch somewhere. 

Best bit? Absolutely nothing in said meeting has any relevance to my job.

"I'll be on mute" then off you pop.

"Can't be any worse than..."

It's used so much in On Topic. The answer is always yes! Yes it CAN be worse than...

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's used so much in On Topic. The answer is always yes! Yes it CAN be worse than...

But also 'it can't be any worse than...' is hardly a glowing **** endorsement of whatever you're trying to convince me of.  It can't be any worse than having a finger chopped off.  Oh fine, a kick in the bollocks it is then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

But also 'it can't be any worse than...' is hardly a glowing **** endorsement of whatever you're trying to convince me of.  It can't be any worse than having a finger chopped off.  Oh fine, a kick in the bollocks it is then.

Exactly. 

people saying throw Louie Barry in because he “can’t be any worse than Player X”

yes. He can 

• Like 1

Found out my ex-wife is getting remarried. Shouldn't piss me off at all, but for some reason it does.

• Like 1

Villa social media post about cup final tickets details. Fails to mention the criteria for getting them or when they are on sale. If you click the link to the website it puts you in a queue and there isn’t anything when you get there. Unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Villa social media post about cup final tickets details. Fails to mention the criteria for getting them or when they are on sale. If you click the link to the website it puts you in a queue and there isn’t anything when you get there. Unbelievable.

Managed to copy most of the info into the tickets thread in the matchday forum. Couldn’t add the stadium map though (image upload limit) - hopefully someone else will. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Found out my ex-wife is getting remarried. Shouldn't piss me off at all, but for some reason it does 

I got that feeling years ago when i heard the same news about my ex. It pissed me off mainly cos she had obviously moved on and i hadn't (at the time) and i was wallowing in self pity and getting very good at it....for too long. 

I think if it was the other way around I'd be all "haha !! I've moved on before you !!" in her face.

I don't know your situation Stuart but your comments rang a bell with me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I got that feeling years ago when i heard the same news about my ex. It pissed me off mainly cos she had obviously moved on and i hadn't (at the time) and i was wallowing in self pity and getting very good at it....for too long. 

I think if it was the other way around I'd be all "haha !! I've moved on before you !!" in her face.

I don't know your situation Stuart but your comments rang a bell with me.

I should of gave a bit more context I suppose, so here goes. She moved out exactly 5 years ago and we both have new partners. She's lived with hers pretty much straight after meeting him (that pissed me off) I've been seeing my partner nearly 4 years, don't live together. I have a 13yr old son which custody is split 50\50 but I still have to fork out child maintenance (that also pisses me off). During our 10 years of marriage she'd always say she'd never get divorced and once we'd split she'd also say she'd never get married again. So to sum it up, she's full of shit.

I guess this would be better in the relationship thread. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On topic right now

"We need to sign a striker"

Looks like we're signing one

"No, not that one"

• Like 1

Pointless nostalgia. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eames said:

Pointless nostalgia. 

People on Twitter who used to post on VillaTalk but can't be bothered anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Adverts on the radio that have sirens or car horns in.

• Like 3

Â