Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I go through pretend meetings in my car, like teaching myself a script for things that may happen. 

I'm not overly confident of speaking in meetings (particularly technical ones) where I could be caught out, so I just coach myself through what I do know and can recall instantly, then when I get to work I'll researching things that are probably coming up which I'm not great at. 

Seems to work ok.

If I have no meetings, I'll listen to podcasts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I go through pretend meetings in my car, like teaching myself a script for things that may happen. 

I'm not overly confident of speaking in meetings (particularly technical ones) where I could be caught out, so I just coach myself through what I do know and can recall instantly, then when I get to work I'll researching things that are probably coming up which I'm not great at. 

Seems to work ok.

You prepare more than the president of the united states then hahaha #satire

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Seems to work ok.

I do that as well.

I'm forever pausing podcasts to have imaginary arguments about things that haven't happened yet

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do that as well.

I'm forever pausing podcasts to have imaginary arguments about things that haven't happened yet

Yea it's weird, I do wonder how many people do that - I imagine not many, but more than I anticipate. 

Sometimes it's not about work, but they are much less common.  

On the way back from Leeds the other day, I sent about 6 minutes worth of absolute tosh to @Rob182 via whatsapp audible messages, pretending to be a cockney wide-boy :lol:  

No idea why. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea it's weird, I do wonder how many people do that - I imagine not many, but more than I anticipate. 

On the way back from Leeds the other day, I sent about 6 minutes worth of absolute tosh to @Rob182 via whatsapp audible messages, pretending to be a cockney wide-boy :lol:  

No idea why. 

I'd say it's fairly common.

I saw a meme the other day that said something like "why do people take hsowers that last 20 minutes? What are they doing in there?"
And the reply was something like "3 minutes washing, 17 minutes having imaginary arguments"

Edit: this isn't the one, but along the same lines

-fMW7U7eBwVJO_Er4gSrRFLNfD1BcrbbDwFoP_vF

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea it's weird, I do wonder how many people do that - I imagine not many, but more than I anticipate

My son has said quite a few times "who are you talking too dad?" as my lips are moving whilst I'm thinking about a conversation I'm yet to have...

This 'imaginary arguments in the shower' is a new one on me. Would never have occurred to me. Not that I don't have imaginary arguments, they just wouldn't happen in the shower. 

As for sounds in the car, it has to be music for me, never speech. What music it is does vary with circumstances, though. When I'm driving over to pick up the grandchildren early in the morning (especially if it's a still dark winter morning), I tend to play loud, complex proggy stuff. I guess it wakes me up. I don't subject the kids to it on the way back, though! For long roadtrips in daylight (especially with the missus on board), it's most likely to be 'curated' (ugh) playlists of old hits and album tracks that we can sing along with. On my own at night, jazz or classical. Hardly ever drive in silence, even on a five minute trip. 

Screenshot_20200203_134507_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I do wonder how many people do that - I imagine not many, but more than I anticipate.

"I expect it's more than I expect" -  well that's impossible. You need to have an

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

imaginary argument

with yourself to manage expectations.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I do that as well.

Embarrassingly, I like to imagine what I'd be saying if I was on whatever podcast I'm listening to.

There's nothing more annoying than when they miss a brilliant joke or get a fact wrong and I can't interrupt.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Embarrassingly, I like to imagine what I'd be saying if I was on whatever podcast I'm listening to.

There's nothing more annoying than when they miss a brilliant joke or get a fact wrong and I can't interrupt.

Go on Stevo's podcast and get stuck in :) 

39 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yep. I do that too!

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

No idea why. 

I loved the first minute of tosh as well. . .

:P

• Haha 1

I can't listen to podcasts or audiobooks when driving as I find myself thinking about something else. Got to be music... either Spotify playlists or radio, usually some commercial shite like Absolute, Smooth or Magic! 

If I drive into a city or town I'm not familiar with i'll always tun the volume down as I think that will make me concentrate more! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't listen to podcasts or audiobooks when driving as I find myself thinking about something else. Got to be music... either Spotify playlists or radio, usually some commercial shite like Absolute, Smooth or Magic! 

If I drive into a city or town I'm not familiar with i'll always tun the volume down as I think that will make me concentrate more! 

I used to listen to 5 live a fair bit, but got tired of its general shitness and the fact it was basically a 1 hour show repeated all day.

Switched to R4 but listen to that far less now, avoiding the news as much as possible.

It’s music for me, about 32 gig of shite on a memory stick.

When I get somewhere I need to concentrate, music pumps up! Can’t be doing routes to Heathrow car parks or a trip around Hammersmith with anything other than something loud and fast. 

I used to listen to 5 live but it’s Brexit stuff ,the opinions of the callers for and against  , was embarrassing and I just found myself shouting at the radio

now I listen to Greatest Hits or Union Jack radio , who like most sane people realise that nothing later than 1999 musically is worth playing on the radio :)

Edited by tonyh29

Â