Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

But also 'it can't be any worse than...' is hardly a glowing **** endorsement of whatever you're trying to convince me of.  It can't be any worse than having a finger chopped off.  Oh fine, a kick in the bollocks it is then.

Exactly. 

people saying throw Louie Barry in because he “can’t be any worse than Player X”

yes. He can 

• Like 1

Villa social media post about cup final tickets details. Fails to mention the criteria for getting them or when they are on sale. If you click the link to the website it puts you in a queue and there isn’t anything when you get there. Unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Villa social media post about cup final tickets details. Fails to mention the criteria for getting them or when they are on sale. If you click the link to the website it puts you in a queue and there isn’t anything when you get there. Unbelievable.

Managed to copy most of the info into the tickets thread in the matchday forum. Couldn’t add the stadium map though (image upload limit) - hopefully someone else will. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Found out my ex-wife is getting remarried. Shouldn't piss me off at all, but for some reason it does 

I got that feeling years ago when i heard the same news about my ex. It pissed me off mainly cos she had obviously moved on and i hadn't (at the time) and i was wallowing in self pity and getting very good at it....for too long. 

I think if it was the other way around I'd be all "haha !! I've moved on before you !!" in her face.

I don't know your situation Stuart but your comments rang a bell with me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I got that feeling years ago when i heard the same news about my ex. It pissed me off mainly cos she had obviously moved on and i hadn't (at the time) and i was wallowing in self pity and getting very good at it....for too long. 

I think if it was the other way around I'd be all "haha !! I've moved on before you !!" in her face.

I don't know your situation Stuart but your comments rang a bell with me.

I should of gave a bit more context I suppose, so here goes. She moved out exactly 5 years ago and we both have new partners. She's lived with hers pretty much straight after meeting him (that pissed me off) I've been seeing my partner nearly 4 years, don't live together. I have a 13yr old son which custody is split 50\50 but I still have to fork out child maintenance (that also pisses me off). During our 10 years of marriage she'd always say she'd never get divorced and once we'd split she'd also say she'd never get married again. So to sum it up, she's full of shit.

I guess this would be better in the relationship thread. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

"Can't be any worse than..."

It's used so much in On Topic. The answer is always yes! Yes it CAN be worse than...

On topic right now

"We need to sign a striker"

Looks like we're signing one

"No, not that one"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Adverts on the radio that have sirens or car horns in.

Listen to the radio, live? Granddad.

I stream all my radio now. I drive in silence then when get to where I'm going I download the podcast and listen to it then about 3 hours after it happened.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Listen to the radio, live? Granddad.

I stream all my radio now. I drive in silence then when get to where I'm going I download the podcast and listen to it then about 3 hours after it happened.

Only talkshite on my way in to work, where I then listen to podcasts for 8 hours.

I could never drive in silence. It's weird.

My dad would NEVER let us have music or radio or anything on in the car. We used to do 12 hour roadtrips (with a ferry in the middle) to Ireland in total silence. 
When we got older we'd have walkmans and mp3 players etc. But when we were younger it was so boring!

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I could never drive in silence. It's weird.

Same here.

It was my well disguised attempt at humour. Poking fun at those that seem to think watching TV is really uncool. 

For me it’s usually a mix of talk sport or music from my mobile via Bluetooth.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here.

It was my well disguised attempt at humour. Poking fun at those that seem to think watching TV is really uncool. 

For me it’s usually a mix of talk sport or music from my mobile via Bluetooth.

Oh I know :)

It just reminded me of our long silent drives when I was younger!

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In a morning I have to have silence, cant abide music on in a morning if I am driving, at night its the opposite I have to have music or a podcast on.

Not silence, but I do get the no music in the morning.

Podcast for me, but often on the way home I'll put an album or a playlist from Spotify on. 

I wouldn't do that in the morning

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I know :)

It just reminded me of our long silent drives when I was younger!

We used to go to Wales a lot. My mum used to play her Patsy Cline and Neil Diamond cassettes. I'd have preferred silence.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Only time I have silence in the car is on the way home if I've had a stressful day and have lots on my mind. The silence helps me get my head in order before I get home.

this is the same reason I have silence in a morning, so I can plan the day or resolve issues that have come in over night.

Â