Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The glorification of alcohol abuse in former footballers.

Particularly prevalent on talksport, podcasts and on the circuit I am sure.

Downing a few pints hasn't been impressive in my circle of friends since I was about 24. Just calm down mate.

They even refer to being pissed up on talk sport as "getting braziled", they were talking about something to do with charity on the Alan Brazil breakfast show and he said he puts all his charity donations in the till at the rose and crown, cue crys of laughter from the arseholes around him

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

This was talked about on here not long ago, kids tv shows

My daughter loves Molly and mack, it's awful, the bursting into singing accompanied with the dancing is interminable 

It's a disaster, and I don't know what to do. 

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I was walking over a pelican crossing this morning, green man flashing, when a young girl on her phone and not looking where she was going, slowly drove forward on to the crossing, so I had to walk behind her car. Then I noticed her green P plates.

I wasn't really in the mood to start shouting at some 20 something new driver, but as I've woken up through day and started thinking about it, I kind of wish I'd rolled over her bonnet instead.

It's the third or fourth time something similar has happened to me on the same crossing. 

Only just passed her test and doing that already. Should have done the bonnet roll like you say

SimilarImportantGnu-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

They even refer to being pissed up on talk sport as "getting braziled", they were talking about something to do with charity on the Alan Brazil breakfast show and he said he puts all his charity donations in the till at the rose and crown, cue crys of laughter from the arseholes around him

He won't have many days left at the Rose & Crown at this rate

DL4GJOwWAAAZ7S3.jpg:large

Things that pissed me off today -

The stairs at work. There's something really weird with the stairs in our office. They are exhausting to go up, even just a couple of flights seems to knacker anyone. Even people that are in shape are blowing when they get to our floor up the stairs. I'm convinced they have an odd sized rise that makes them bloody killer to go up. But I've had enough of being **** exhausted because the lifts are shite.

Secondly, BMWs and Mercs, upto 2 years old but the newer the worse. Unanimously driven by people who don't have the confidence to drive them it appears. My trip home, every weeknight, I'll be behind a shiny Merc doing 32 in a 40 for no reason, slowing to a crawl for every corner, light years away from the kerb, waiting for written invitation in triplicate at every junction, seemingly never quite aware where they are going... Completely maddening. Tonight at a junction had one let me out, or seem to, because as I turned right through the gap they kindly left me they suddenly decided they didn't want to leave a gap and nearly hit me. And then my ancient held together by hope Lupo left them in a different post code, because my right foot works.

british airways customer service. **** USELESS

Most annoying element is the only reason I need to call them, is they are the **** who changed my flight in the first place, which means I now need to move it on to a different day. I can change a day online, but not without it trying to charge me money for the pleasure, and considering they're the bellends who changed the flight I should be entitled to get the change done for free. But that means calling the incompetent clearings in the woods up. 1 hr on the phone this morning, mostly on hold. When I did get through to someone, they took details, put me on hold for 5 minutes as their system went down, then once she spoke to me again, said "bear with me, I'll see what I can do".

And it turns out what that talentless clearing in the woods can do is put me on hold so long she managed to get me sent back to a queue and to a different customer service line, so when I did speak to someone else they were like "why are you calling us, no,no you should be calling this number," and before I could interject with anger, he'd passed me on, back into hold land, back into a queue, where I speak to a final idiot who can barely understand English and my patience had worn so thin, that when she said, "we're a bit busy, could you try calling back later" I exploded. Had to hang up, as my morning hour pre-work starting had gone, a time I usually reserve for relaxing with a book or a tea, wasted trying to deal with these utter rocket polishers, and I still got nowhere! I've got to go through it all again!

• Like 1

Saw this on BBC website and thought, that would surely leave them really thin on the ground?

Around 450 jobs will be cut from BBC News under plans to complete its £80m savings target by 2022

But then later on it says

BBC News currently employs around 6,000 people, including 1,700 outside the UK. Its budget after the changes will be around £480m per year.

6000 people, and £480m to bring the news, what the fook!?!!

Link

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

Saw this on BBC website and thought, that would surely leave them really thin on the ground?

But then later on it says

6000 people, and £480m to bring the news, what the fook!?!!

Link

Don't worry, they'll have that down to just Kussenburg, reading state sponsored 'news', infront of a picture of chairman Boris, soon enough. 

• Like 3

The ultimate word removed move has been pulled.

Mandatory meeting. 12.30 to 1.30. Not even a literal meeting. Dial in.

The only justifiable reason for a meeting to be scheduled over lunch is if its literally a lunch meeting. I.e. a meeting, during which you are having lunch somewhere. 

Best bit? Absolutely nothing in said meeting has any relevance to my job.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The ultimate word removed move has been pulled.

Mandatory meeting. 12.30 to 1.30. Not even a literal meeting. Dial in.

The only justifiable reason for a meeting to be scheduled over lunch is if its literally a lunch meeting. I.e. a meeting, during which you are having lunch somewhere. 

Best bit? Absolutely nothing in said meeting has any relevance to my job.

"I'll be on mute" then off you pop.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Can't be any worse than..."

It's used so much in On Topic. The answer is always yes! Yes it CAN be worse than...

But also 'it can't be any worse than...' is hardly a glowing **** endorsement of whatever you're trying to convince me of.  It can't be any worse than having a finger chopped off.  Oh fine, a kick in the bollocks it is then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â