Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Not sure where else to put this. 

My dog pisses me off when he shouldn't. 

He basically eats the house whenever he is left alone. We've had the dog psychologist, the drugs, more exercise, more toys, mental stimulation games the whole nine yards. It's now at the point he's basically been tied to me all day and night for the last 5 months. Which is a pain in the arse to say the least. Gradually trying to retrain him, thought we were making some progress then after 20 mins of being on his own today he's starts scratching at the back doors again. 

To say I am disappointed is a massive massive understatement. 

If anyone has any experience of this or bright ideas please pipe up. Really running out of options now. 

Maybe get another dog, for company, sounds like he/she has anxiety issues.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

At 33, I'm finally having to have 'the conversation' with myself about what to do about my hair. I have the cranium-shape of Jean-Luc Picard and the baldness pattern of Slaven Bilic, and I'm completely lost as to what the hell to do to grow old with the tiniest bit of dignity. 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Not sure where else to put this. 

My dog pisses me off when he shouldn't. 

He basically eats the house whenever he is left alone. We've had the dog psychologist, the drugs, more exercise, more toys, mental stimulation games the whole nine yards. It's now at the point he's basically been tied to me all day and night for the last 5 months. Which is a pain in the arse to say the least. Gradually trying to retrain him, thought we were making some progress then after 20 mins of being on his own today he's starts scratching at the back doors again. 

To say I am disappointed is a massive massive understatement. 

If anyone has any experience of this or bright ideas please pipe up. Really running out of options now. 

Swap it for a cat, they're so much easier and more fun than you think

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

At 33, I'm finally having to have 'the conversation' with myself about what to do about my hair. I have the cranium-shape of Jean-Luc Picard and the baldness pattern of Slaven Bilic, and I'm completely lost as to what the hell to do to grow old with the tiniest bit of dignity. 

Bilic suddenly went thicker on top again suggesting he’s had a hair transplant. If I was going bald, I’d most definitely do the same. A shaved head suits some people, and they look cool with it, but it really, really does not suit me. I tried it once to see what I’d look like...never again (until I’m too old and bitter with the world to care).

9 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Bilic suddenly went thicker on top again suggesting he’s had a hair transplant. If I was going bald, I’d most definitely do the same.

If I could have afforded it four years ago, I would have done it, but it's probably too late now (and I probably still can't afford it anyway). 

Edited by HanoiVillan

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If I could have afforded it four years ago, I would have done it, but it's probably too late now (and I probably still can't afford it anyway). 

A mate had one done and it looks great...most of the time. If you're close in bright sunlight you can see right through it and once it gets wet it completely kills the illusiuon.

I'd say it's worth the money for him as it's the one thing he had any hangups about, but when I see it I can't help thinking he waited so long he'll need one every few years and run out of hair by the time he's 40. I actually thought it really suited him when he had to shave his head to get it done.

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yes, something that really pisses me off (although I think it should) is where people use catchphrases / slogans / acronyms as a form of political argument.

Twitter has made this kind of inevitable, but it's particularly annoying when you see someone who's trying to say something in good faith just get taken down with an "ok boomer", "centrist dad", "white people problems", "check your privilege", "appeaser", "apologist", "mansplainer", "whitesplainer", "TERF", "SWERF", etc. It's all stuff that's meant to be shorthand for a more detailed argument, but it gets used lazily as a way of shutting down debate.

I feel like today's political debates are more like the way teenagers argue about music.

You would say that being part of the patriarchy ;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Being responsible for someone's leaving card here at work. 

What. A. Nightmare. 

We have 5 people leaving at our place and there are more envelopes being thrown around than a normal shift at the Tower Hamlets sorting office. Every time I come back to my desk there is another one on there. Feel like just swiping them onto the floor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

What. A. Nightmare. 

We have 5 people leaving at our place and there are more envelopes being thrown around than a normal shift at the Tower Hamlets sorting office. Every time I come back to my desk there is another one on there. Feel like just swiping them onto the floor. 

Not once have I ever contributed to a works envelope / card thing. As soon as you do it once they've got you.

When questioned about it, I always reply with "And don't ever sort any of this crap out for me... ever"

When I retire (long way off) I intend to say nothing and just not turn up for work the next day, in fact I may kill the record (never been off sick in 18 years) and phone in sick on my last day proper

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I've raised this before. There is a unwritten code of toilet conduct for having a dump at work. Main rule is never go into a trap next to someone else when there is one further away. The other one is never come out of a cubicle when someone else has just come out. You wait until that person has washed their hands and left before coming out. That way you avoid the awkward "we've both just had a shit at work look" with the other person.

If you follow that rule, you should also follow the make loud grunting noises whilst in the cubicle rule

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you follow that rule, you should also follow the make loud grunting noises whilst in the cubicle rule

I used to work with a guy who had heinous noises coming from the cubicle when he used it. The arse noises, however unpleasant, I can forgive as a standard bodily function; the loud and painful sounding straining I can't.

He'd then proceed to come out and immediately dig his hand in his lunch to grab something to eat 🤮

This is a guy who used to buy chocolate to go with his lunch, unwrap it then place it in tupperware with his main lunch. He was also the type to cough in your face when talking and not realise it's a problem. Generally a bit of an odd duck.

I should probably just have made a new post with "Chris who I used to work with" as a thing that pisses me off that shouldn't.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I used to work with a guy who had heinous noises coming from the cubicle when he used it. The arse noises, however unpleasant, I can forgive as a standard bodily function; the loud and painful sounding straining I can't.

He'd then proceed to come out and immediately dig his hand in his lunch to grab something to eat 🤮

This is a guy who used to buy chocolate to go with his lunch, unwrap it then place it in tupperware with his main lunch. He was also the type to cough in your face when talking and not realise it's a problem. Generally a bit of an odd duck.

I should probably just have made a new post with "Chris who I used to work with" as a thing that pisses me off that shouldn't.

Was his name Boris by any chance?

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He was also the type to cough in your face when talking and not realise it's a problem. 

Jeez....i would've been seriously tempted to chin him at that point !!

bob-fleming.jpg

Edited by mottaloo

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was his name Boris by any chance?

Well another guy I worked with used to (harshly) refer to him as Boring Chris so I guess it abbreviates?

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Jeez....i would've been seriously tempted to chin him at that point !!

bob-fleming.jpg

I told him it’s disgusting and to cover his mouth and he never did it when speaking to me again. I did see him do it with others though so it might just have been a power play as most people are too embarrassed to say anything!

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

Guy at the bar asked me to change the channel from the Spanish soccer to American football. I said sure. Switched the channel to the college football which of course was showing commercials. I snickered to myself, "Enjoy the commercials, dickhead"

LOL

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I've raised this before. There is a unwritten code of toilet conduct for having a dump at work. Main rule is never go into a trap next to someone else when there is one further away. The other one is never come out of a cubicle when someone else has just come out. You wait until that person has washed their hands and left before coming out. That way you avoid the awkward "we've both just had a shit at work look" with the other person.

Surely there has to be some addendums? For example, going to the furthest stall and it's blocked with shit and paper. The seat in the next one in covered in piss and you don't want to clean it off and risk "somebody else's piss hand."  

What happens if the only place left is next to a full trap?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Surely there has to be some addendums? For example, going to the furthest stall and it's blocked with shit and paper. The seat in the next one in covered in piss and you don't want to clean it off and risk "somebody else's piss hand."  

What happens if the only place left is next to a full trap?

There are exceptional circumstances of course, but when they just walk straight into the adjacent trap questions need to be asked.

• Like 2

Â