Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Twitter responses to [anything]

I've abbreviated for you.

One thing I do like on twitter is there's an automatic way to work out who to mute or block. Simply type in the Search bar something like #JC4PM or #Brexit or Trump and then mute/block every single person that shows up there.

RSI

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I've abbreviated for you.

One thing I do like on twitter is there's an automatic way to work out who to mute or block. Simply type in the Search bar something like #JC4PM or #Brexit or Trump and then mute/block every single person that shows up there.

RSI

You're not wrong! 

Anything as well. 

the Villa/Wolves game has so many infantile, purile, literally not worth *anything* tweets/responses.. Are people really this dim-witted? 

I think the average responses on Twitter at the moment are "Ok Boomer", "Don't Cry", "Mind the gap". 

We're in a race to the bottom.  

(I say as I sit at work listening to Neil DeGrass Tyson/Richard Dawkins Seminars :lol: ) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

2 minutes silence and people can't stop clicking their mouse and keyboard for 120 seconds.

Just **** arseholes.

Yup, had a fair few keyboard terrorists in our office, despite the Last Post being played.

On 10/11/2019 at 19:46, sharkyvilla said:

Critics in general piss me off.  What is it that actually qualifies people to review music, films, dinner or whatever?  Pretentious bell ends, all of them.

Meh. Cinema tickets cost more than ten pounds now, and it's hard enough to get the missus out to a film as it is, without it being a complete lucky dip as to whether it's any good or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

bob-dylan-nobel-prize-literature-2.jpg?w

I heard something off the Dylan / Cash sessions the other day, could have been I Walk the Line, can't remember but it was definitely a Cash song not a Dylan one. It really brought home how bad Dylan's voice is

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I heard something off the Dylan / Cash sessions the other day, could have been I Walk the Line, can't remember but it was definitely a Cash song not a Dylan one. It really brought home how bad Dylan's voice is

Been playing the box set today. What it brings home is that he couldn't sing harmony. With Johnny Cash, particularly. And it was unrehearsed studio jams, never intended for release. I still like it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I do think he's somebody I should like. And I certainly don't hate what he does. But it just doesn't seem to grab me. I've mainly listened to the Bad Seeds stuff. 

Dunno, maybe it's just the voice. 

Have you tried this...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

You're not wrong! 

Anything as well. 

the Villa/Wolves game has so many infantile, purile, literally not worth *anything* tweets/responses.. Are people really this dim-witted? 

I think the average responses on Twitter at the moment are "Ok Boomer", "Don't Cry", "Mind the gap"

We're in a race to the bottom.  

(I say as I sit at work listening to Neil DeGrass Tyson/Richard Dawkins Seminars :lol: ) 

Yes, something that really pisses me off (although I think it should) is where people use catchphrases / slogans / acronyms as a form of political argument.

Twitter has made this kind of inevitable, but it's particularly annoying when you see someone who's trying to say something in good faith just get taken down with an "ok boomer", "centrist dad", "white people problems", "check your privilege", "appeaser", "apologist", "mansplainer", "whitesplainer", "TERF", "SWERF", etc. It's all stuff that's meant to be shorthand for a more detailed argument, but it gets used lazily as a way of shutting down debate.

I feel like today's political debates are more like the way teenagers argue about music.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Winter. Snow and ice. I just hate everything about. Everything. 

I love a really cold, but fresh and blue sky winter days. I like the snow too.

Hate the just above zero, grey, damp dreary winters days (that make up about 90% of the winter).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I love a really cold, but fresh and blue sky winter days. I like the snow too.

Hate the just above zero, grey, damp dreary winters days (that make up about 90% of the winter).

I suspect we don't live in the same area 😂

• Like 1

At 33, I'm finally having to have 'the conversation' with myself about what to do about my hair. I have the cranium-shape of Jean-Luc Picard and the baldness pattern of Slaven Bilic, and I'm completely lost as to what the hell to do to grow old with the tiniest bit of dignity. 

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've always thought if I ever start balding I'll just buy a pair of clippers and take it all off. Nobody notices or cares about a bloke having no hair, but everyone spots a bloke clinging on to hair.

It's surprisingly depressing to contemplate a future of doing that every 48 or 72 hours until I drop dead, to be honest. 

• Like 2

@HanoiVillan Plenty of people will say shave it off. In my eyes this is quitting and there are only two options.

d045d3495e4293493dd6b6ee393cce0a.jpg

or...

2411831.jpg?display=1&htype=100001&type=

Disclaimer: I have a full head of hair and am not looking likely to lose mine any time soon. Any and all suggestions are for my own enjoyment and wont necessarily be the best option for the advised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â