AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Came back from a jog and ran past one of them and it came charging at me yapping.  I jumped to as I was in the jogging 'zone'.

Ah, there's a "piss me off that shouldn't" - the word/concept "jogging". One of my ex work colleagues was also a keen club runner, and one day another colleague said to us "Do you two still do jogging?". My friend said "NO! We RUN! Don't use the 'J word'!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, there's a "piss me off that shouldn't" - the word/concept "jogging". One of my ex work colleagues was also a keen club runner, and one day another colleague said to us "Do you two still do jogging?". My friend said "NO! We RUN! Don't use the 'J word'!" 

That never bothers me that much, probably because I run so slow it probably is classed as jogging.

One that annoys me is when people say the word ‘marathon’ for any kind of distance race.

”I ran a marathon yesterday”

”Wow, really!? Which one?”

”The Birmingham 10k”

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 4

People who over react when dogs bark because they are scared. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

First morning where it is mildly mildly cold, and I mean mildly.

In this office that means it's "bloody freezing" and requires exaggerated shoulder rubbing and hand blowing.

it's not freezing though is it. It's not even cold.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

People who over react when dogs bark because they are scared. 

Dunno about overreact, but I hate having dogs barking at me, and having to decide whether they are scared/aggressive/'just saying hello'. It's intimidating. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Some word removed driving up the Solihull bypass at 29mph this morning at 6.30am.

They had a big sticker in the back window - "disabled driver".

Listen mate, if you're that disabled you can't drive at over 30mph, get a **** taxi.

Is that the taxi's that you were complaining the other day were driving too slow ? 😜

• Haha 1

I've devised a really great technique at work, if ever I feel a bit lonely I pop my headphones in and listen to music. This causes every man and his dog to want to speak to me  😡

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Is that the taxi's that you were complaining the other day were driving too slow ? 😜

Err, yeah ☺️

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving along the Solihull bypass this morning in my invalid car as fast as it would go and I had this hairy bloke in a Rover tailgating me. What a lemon. Bet he's a small heath fan!

Been a shite day all round, but your post has genuinely made my smile for the first time today.  :thumb:

• Like 2

When I get the dog all excited telling him he's going for walkies before I actually check the weather outside.

Edited by Genie

On 02/10/2019 at 22:59, Paddywhack said:

One that annoys me is when people say the word ‘marathon’ for any kind of distance race.

”I ran a marathon yesterday”

”Wow, really!? Which one?”

”The Birmingham 10k”

Well that’s just ridiculously wrong! I hope you correct them.

Are you sure they didn’t say “less than one quarter of” before the words “a marathon”?

It has just occurred to me that 10km is much closer to the length of a Snickers bar than it is to a marathon.

• Haha 1

The amount of temporary traffic lights on single carriageways seem to be more and more frequent and at the moment on my way to work there are two separate sets that never seem to go away, just shuffle up and down the roads they are on (mere green, I'm looking at you !).

After a 12 hour night shift i hit this double pain in the bum just as Penelope is taking Justin and Tabitha to school in Jeremy's 4x4....just by little aston.....the last 2 miles of my journey takes 15/20 mins cos of all this, with me struggling to keep my eyes open 🤬

29 minutes ago, brommy said:

It has just occurred to me that 10km is much closer to the length of a Snickers bar than it is to a marathon.

Ooh I like it.

christian bale GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The amount of temporary traffic lights on single carriageways seem to be more and more frequent and at the moment on my way to work there are two separate sets that never seem to go away, just shuffle up and down the roads they are on (mere green, I'm looking at you !).

After a 12 hour night shift i hit this double pain in the bum just as Penelope is taking Justin and Tabitha to school in Jeremy's 4x4....just by little aston.....the last 2 miles of my journey takes 15/20 mins cos of all this, with me struggling to keep my eyes open 🤬

Let me guess

- Set at top of Four Oaks Rd by the crossroads

- Set not far from Little Aston hospital by the bend in the road

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Let me guess

- Set at top of Four Oaks Rd by the crossroads

- Set not far from Little Aston hospital by the bend in the road

Correct on both, but you being a mere green resident, you'd know that :)

At least I haven't been called "scum" lately whilst shopping in my jogging bottoms in sainsbury's, so it ain't all bad !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Correct on both, but you being a mere green resident, you'd know that :)

At least I haven't been called "scum" lately whilst shopping in my jogging bottoms in sainsbury's, so it ain't all bad !

Let me know when you are next there and I'll drive past in my burbling car and heckle you 😉

I got caught up in those lights earlier... was en route to Morrisons in Aldridge. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

When I get the dog all excited telling him he's going for walkies before I actually check the weather outside.

My wife is always telling me I can't walk the dog in the rain

He's a **** beagle, a hunting dog, he loves the rain 

Â