AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

On 08/09/2019 at 19:31, chrisp65 said:

They had bags of scratching on the counter!

Must be. Now scratchings, with a beer, they can be as salty as you like, not an issue with that.

I followed this up with my Dad today. 

The "world famous" pork pie shop is indeed where he gets his pork scratchings from and he has tried the pork pies and I can confirm, he doesn't like them one bit. To quote my Dad.. "they tasted a bit shit". Not exactly an Egon Ronay review, but succinct and emphatic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’ve spent too much time contemplating the not quite father-son dynamic between flop and bing. Where the hell are all the parents? Is flop a sort of toy rabbit? Thankfully my kid doesn’t really watch it now, so these problems have subsided.

If the adults are half the size of the children why are the houses full sized? Do the kids turn into the weird puppet/toy things as the grow older? Why does Pando never wear trousers? If the characters are animals, why are there normal non-sentient animals? Why does Flop never lose his shit at Bing? 

Most annoyingly why is a BBC show teaching my son nonsense and mispronounced words?

• Haha 1

The rebooted Teletubbies is much worse than the original. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I followed this up with my Dad today. 

The "world famous" pork pie shop is indeed where he gets his pork scratchings from and he has tried the pork pies and I can confirm, he doesn't like them one bit. To quote my Dad.. "they tasted a bit shit". Not exactly an Egon Ronay review, but succinct and emphatic. 

Best said in a broad yorkshire accent ;)

say-what-i-like-i-like-what-i-bloody-well-say.png

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’ve spent too much time contemplating the not quite father-son dynamic between flop and bing. Where the hell are all the parents? Is flop a sort of toy rabbit? Thankfully my kid doesn’t really watch it now, so these problems have subsided.

Without any doubt in my mind, Sarah & Duck is easily the best show. Actually watching that now as it happens.

Hey Duggee or GTFO

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Hey Duggee or GTFO

It’s very good, used to be a favourite. But it’s been usurped.

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Postman Pat or GTFO

Racist. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Racist. 

He has a black and white cat. Very diverse. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Underrated: Abney and Teal. 

It’s a curious one. The animation is good.

Not seen it in a while. But remember thinking that the title characters should swap names. Abney seems like it should be the more feminine name (probably “Abigail” influencing my thoughts) and Teal should be the name of the character who is vaguely blue (not quite Teal, admittedly).

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Postman Pat or GTFO

Don’t often catch Postman Pat as it’s on early in the morning, just as day is dawning (hahaha). But it’s changed a lot, he has a helicopter now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Postman Pat or GTFO

Waffle the wonder dog, only cus I'd love to bend one up the woman who plays jess (the mother) 

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

To completely change the subject... Who writes this shit? I’m listening to an album I bought today. A career spanning Best of for Fad Gadget. These are the liner notes. Talk about pretentious twaddle!

EDIT: Just spotted at the end it was Paul Morley, he always was an arse

22904A49-10D1-43AA-A73F-C8778AA4E75F.png

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Waffle the wonder dog, only cus I'd love to bend one up the woman who plays jess (the mother) 

Slim pickings on CBeebies.

You've basically got Jess, Welsh Rebecca, Maddie (from Do You Know), the Mom from Topsy and Tim, Catie (from Amazing Machines) and maybe Ferne (from My Pet and Me) if you like the smell of farms.

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You've basically got Jess, Welsh Rebecca, Maddie (from Do You Know), the Mom from Topsy and Tim, Catie (from Amazing Machines) and maybe Ferne (from My Pet and Me) if you like the smell of farms.

I’ve developed a crush on Evie. Mack’s girlfriend from “Molly & Mack” has her charms too.

There was another newish presenter over the summer, can’t remember her name but she’s nice too.

You’ve also forgotten the sauciest little sexpot on the entire channel.

0448639C-7EBE-4BD6-AF45-3BC3256F4DCF.jpeg

Edited by Shropshire Lad

47 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Maddie Moat. Yum. 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2019 at 19:50, theboyangel said:

Was gutted when my daughter grew too old for Sarah and Duck :( 

I heard there was an XXX version in the pipeline called Darer and Suck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Maddie Moat. Yum. 

Indeed. She got herself some social media following from me. Which made me wonder how many other pervert parent and guardians also followed her. As it sure as hell isn't going to be the pre school kids that are her target audience. 

Â