Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Got a little irritated yesterday. A friend has started seeing a new fella, and immediately I took a dislike to him. He is punching well above his weight, he has kids from a previous relationship and he has come out with a few dickish comments. Regardless I met him for the first time yesterday. 

So I was wearing as I always do a tshirt of a singer I like, in this instance he started interrogating me on the singers back catalogue, literally trying to trip me up, lecturing me on the guys early career and although I am no expert I am a **** fan. He then segued into people only wear tshirts of country singers to look cool, ****  really???? No one really listens to Cash or Waylon. I wanted to punch him. In the end I appeared to answer this kids questions but he stressed no one in this country has heard of Waylon Jennings. Prick. 

Who?  :D

37 minutes ago, useless said:

There's a video on youtube of a couple of komodo Dragons eating a deer alive, perhaps the most brutal thing I've seen from watching a wildlife video. I say 'seen', I couldn't even watch the whole thing, as soon as they start ripping at the deer's leg whilst it was still alive, I had to turn it off, the sound makes it worse.

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They have some sort of shite in their saliva meaning they bite a limb, the wound gets infected, goes gangrenous, 3/4 days later that's the result

Never seen that before, that's brutal 

They're one of the only venomous lizards. They have glands in their jaw that secrete substances that prevent clotting and affect blood pressure, enhancing the effect of each bite, which is already nasty given the size and strength of their jaws.

They aren't now believed to actively use the strategy of injuring prey and letting infection take hold and finishing off the weakened animal. They are scavengers, they'll take advantage of opportunities opened to them, but the attacking injured prey thing seems to be more a case of them following up on prey that has managed to escape rather than actually trying to get a bite in and waiting. They usually just tear their prey apart as quickly as possible.

They also act as a biological stop on deer becoming overpopulated on the islands, so while they're brutal, and they undoubtedly are, the good of the islands' ecology needs the dragons.

People that go in to the 'exit' door to the toilets in the Trinity Upper. It doesn't help that the toilets are badly designed. But anyway, come on, your need for a widdle isn't any bigger than anyone elses. Wait like everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Got a little irritated yesterday. A friend has started seeing a new fella, and immediately I took a dislike to him. He is punching well above his weight, he has kids from a previous relationship that he ignores and he has come out with a few dickish comments. Regardless I met him for the first time yesterday. 

So I was wearing as I always do a tshirt of a singer I like, in this instance he started interrogating me on the singers back catalogue, literally trying to trip me up, lecturing me on the guys early career and although I am no expert I am a **** fan. He then segued into people only wear tshirts of country singers to look cool, ****  really???? No one really listens to Cash or Waylon. I wanted to punch him. In the end I appeared to answer this kids questions but he stressed no one in this country has heard of Waylon Jennings. Prick. 

You should have explained you were really in to The Ramones and Misfits, but weren’t sure if they even did T-shirt’s.

There’s definitely a section of society that see anything around music as confrontational. That think better trivia knowledge or higher sales figures or whatever can produce a ‘winner’, and there always has to be a winner for these people.

The technical term for these people is arseholes.

• Like 2

363221216_Screenshot2019-08-18at12_19_41.png.5043a3d3fc9245f6a8f3196833c40bb1.png  - Primark

1838433890_Screenshot2019-08-18at12_22_59.png.8eee211dfeadc4af6b42026fc5915f4d.png - Urban Outfitters

1966642923_Screenshot2019-08-18at12_27_47.png.9b16fe0c6966068aad5911bcc6f10b1b.png - Uniqlo

They're mainstream fashion items now.

If there's a problem to be had? It's surely with whoever's licensing them, cos they're going to be legit.

Uniqlo have done some great shirts tbf

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Got a little irritated yesterday. A friend has started seeing a new fella, and immediately I took a dislike to him. He is punching well above his weight, he has kids from a previous relationship that he ignores and he has come out with a few dickish comments. Regardless I met him for the first time yesterday. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b5ba7704a42bf5b7a7

• Like 1

Hmmm, that’s a point actually. I don’t think I have any band T-shirts.

Though perversely, I do have one for a hi fi repair man in Hampshire. But it’s a graphic of a reel to reel tape machine and on my physique it looks like Madonna’s conical boobs. So I wear it infrequently.

Band t-shirts have been one of the in things recently, which is why they're being sold at fast fashion outlets like Primark and H&M. But the reason they're popular isn't anything to do with the bands themselves, it's just because that wearing a 'band t-shirt' is seen as fashionable in of itself, regardless of whether you like or have even heard of the band that your t-shirt represents. All it takes is someone like Kanye West, or for some high fashion brand to incorporate them as part of a new collection and it suddenly it trickles down and becomes a thing.

• Like 1

hahahahaha

Flashback to a long time ago thinking about the prints of the t-shirts I owned

I was going through some poo-poo and had self medicated with cannabis at the time.

I remember sitting on a train and a lady commenting on how sh*tfaced I looked and that I needed to give up the alcohol.

I've never been a drinker in my life. I've been blind drunk only a handful of times and drink moderately a few times a year.

I was wearing a Guinness t-shirt that day, maybe she noticed that.. Certainly my thoughts as she openly passed judgement.

Another time on the train, same route, an old fella read the print on my shirt and burst out laughing. The print was..

"I came to Frankston and all I left with was this lousy stab wound" and there was a tattoo style picture of a knife wound.

Frankston lives up to the reputation. Especially The Pines. Which I lived a few hundred meters from the border of.

But yeah, that Guinness t-shirt and Franknston are the only print t-shirts I have worn regularly that represents something I don't from memory.

I have a really tough one. Could go into the relationship thread too but I think here for starters...

I moved to Poland 4/5 years ago, mostly because I came to visit a friend here, who had met a girl and was staying. I liked the lifestyle, hated my job in the UK and thought '**** it, why not?' Years later I'm still here. Me and this guy were mates before, but not super close. Now, after these years, I'd say the guy is comfortably my best mate.

Fast forward to now, and he's engaged and he's getting married next June. 

We spend a lot of time hanging out, and he alluded to (neither of us can 100% say whether he said definitively) me being his Best Man. My feeling was strong enough that I was planning the Stag, speech whatever. We've talked about it 5/6 times easily.

Last week, he pings me on Messenger and tells me his best man will be some guy from the UK that I've never heard him mention nor talk about, basically because 'it would be weird and would upset people if I didn't go with someone from this group'. Context, he has a group of mates from his High School days that he sees once a year when they all come to Poland together and this one guy organises the trip. That's all of the reasoning he gave me.

I'm hurt more than anything, but also pissed off at his logic. For me, a Best Man should be there to help and organise things to take stress away from the couple. How can this guy do that when he's in another country? He's also talking about removing the speech due to logistics (Polish/English) where when we talked about me being Best Man, I said I'd do it in both languages. In the same conversation he broke this news to me, he was asking for my help with the Stag. I was, perhaps unfairly, blunt and told him to discuss it with his Best Man. 

In addition, I've always tried to support him with his relationship. Him and his fiancee have been together for 5 years and still don't live together because both sets of prevents don't approve of living together before marriage. I've both him how batshit crazy this is and he always palms me off. I don't think he's making a mistake getting married to her, but he's taking a huge risk with this living together thing. Being a best friend isn't just pandering and saying he's right.

Also, he's been telling me things about the wedding. His fiancee wants a fully Polish wedding, rather than bits from both cultures. That would be fine, but he's upsetting his parents by doing this as they won't sit on the top table with the couple. Apparently her parents would find it 'weird', so that's that, both sets of parents will sit at random tables. One example, but stupid and he's rolling over. I've, again, told him to stand up to her as this could be his only wedding day and he's letting her 100% have her way, to the detriment of his, and his parents' happiness.

Not really looking for advice, just wanted to vent. I'm hurt by the whole situation and I think he's making some big mistakes.

22 hours ago, Xann said:

1838433890_Screenshot2019-08-18at12_22_59.png.8eee211dfeadc4af6b42026fc5915f4d.png - Urban Outfitters

They're mainstream fashion items now.

If there's a problem to be had? It's surely with whoever's licensing them, cos they're going to be legit.

Uniqlo have done some great shirts tbf

The Power, Corruption and Lies one will have nothing to do with New Order. The painting is A Basket of Roses by French artist Henri Fantin-Latour, so that one will be down to whoever owns the painting

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Power, Corruption and Lies one will have nothing to do with New Order. The painting is A Basket of Roses by French artist Henri Fantin-Latour, so that one will be down to whoever owns the painting

Fraid not.

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/new-order-pullover-hoodie-sweatshirt

Check the colour matrix top right. It's the album cover.

Â