Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

drop the captain, Brazilians are rubbish, El Ghazi rubbish, Jota rubbish.

2 ****ing games :D

:crylaugh:

You forgot "We're virtually already relegated". 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not tough, and have never had a fight, but I was wondering recently how many times out of ten I would get the best of a polar bear if one tried to eat me. Obviously the intuitive answer would be that the polar bear would win every time, but sometimes I don't always see it that way.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not tough, and have never had a fight, but I was wondering recently how many times out of ten I would get the best of a polar bear if one tried to eat me. Obviously the intuitive answer would be that the polar bear would win every time, but sometimes I don't always see it that way.

To be fair, I think the polar bear would only get the best of you and eat you the one time.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Would either of you have any weapons?

A gun, or highly trained group of assassin penguins could swing it either way.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't have any weapons, I'd rather let the Polar Bear win than hurt it. I was only thinking in terms of defending myself.

Right, so I think I’m closing in on a result here.

If you’re not prepared to hurt a bear that’s trying to eat you, I’m coming down on the side of the bear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Historically, VT OT has had epic threads spawned from posts such as this. 

I'm looking for a quote for minor repairs to my kit ceiling after a shower tray leak above (sealing the tray too)....skim the wall affected and make good, etc.

Me being amateur at handyman jobs at best, registered on checkatrade, mybuilder.com and some other one too. Picked out about a dozen, emailed them all and only a third bothered to reply. One bloke said he'd call me at the start of last week - nothing heard from him. So i thought sod it, I'll take a chance on a newbie from mybuilder and he popped over yesterday on time, friendly, courteous and experienced in the building game for 38 yrs. He's also an upper holte ST holder so that was a bonus. Booked him in for just after bank holiday. 

Okay..... i get that some might look at my job details in my email and think it's not worth their while. Fine. Just amend your adverts that say "no job too small" then !

On the flip side, i also emailed a couple of firms about fascia replacement and got an instant reply from a local dude who used google earth whilst on the phone to me to give an accurate qoute. Fair play.

Edited by mottaloo

Got a little irritated yesterday. A friend has started seeing a new fella, and immediately I took a dislike to him. He is punching well above his weight, he has kids from a previous relationship that he ignores and he has come out with a few dickish comments. Regardless I met him for the first time yesterday. 

So I was wearing as I always do a tshirt of a singer I like, in this instance he started interrogating me on the singers back catalogue, literally trying to trip me up, lecturing me on the guys early career and although I am no expert I am a **** fan. He then segued into people only wear tshirts of country singers to look cool, ****  really???? No one really listens to Cash or Waylon. I wanted to punch him. In the end I appeared to answer this kids questions but he stressed no one in this country has heard of Waylon Jennings. Prick. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

I wouldn't have any weapons, I'd rather let the Polar Bear win than hurt it. I was only thinking in terms of defending myself.

I think it's grizzly man that details how a bear eats a human, basically uses its weight to pin you down and then picks at your fleshy bits, it'll eat your ass cheeks and your thighs first, it doesn't kill you it eats you alice

**** that, I wouldn't win in a scrap with one but I'd definitely make sure I died trying 

Maybe a crocodile dragging you under and drowning you, or a great white taking a nibble removing some limbs deciding you don't taste good and leaving you there but I think bear is the worst way to go, at least the big cats go straight for the kill 

There's a video on youtube of a couple of komodo Dragons eating a deer alive, perhaps the most brutal thing I've seen from watching a wildlife video. I say 'seen', I couldn't even watch the whole thing, as soon as they start ripping at the deer's leg whilst it was still alive, I had to turn it off, the sound makes it worse.

Edited by limpid
fixed embed
  • Like 1

Â