Jump to content
AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've at least learned something. I didn't realise getting artificial wear and tear on a guitar was a thing.

I think most players used to take pretty good care of their guitars, until Rory Gallagher came along, with his (genuinely long-term) battered Stratocaster. Then Keith Richards starting getting his roadies to beat up new Telecasters for him. Next thing you know, manfacturers starting selling them - at increased prices, natch. I don't mind genuine road wear, but faking it just seems wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sweetcorn.  Just piss off.

Old mens teeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sweetcorn.  Just piss off.

Better than peas. 

There I said it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this belongs here, cos maybe I'm right to be pissed off.

About 2 weeks ago I was invited to the opening of a new geek thing (tonight) and I declined as I knew I'd be working.

Today, I send a message to my friends saying that my ferry has been cancelled. They reply "you'll be late then" 🙄

Apparently they expected me at this event.

They do this a lot, make arrangements and then just take for granted I'll be there. I'm not the sort of person who gives on to peer pressure either, it just makes me less likely to do stuff.

The other week they all arranged to see Spiderman, and an hour before it starts they ask me where I am. "Oh we put it on the group chat a few weeks back"

DID I **** RESPOND? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Better than peas. 

There I said it. 

Yeah but that's like saying leprosy v AIDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often go half n half and mix peas and sweet corn as a colourful easy hit of vegetables.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gawd I've got a new one... wind chimes, f**king irritating hippy bullshit.

Some throbber in the close opposite has adorned the FRONT of their house with a wind chime. The wind on the gentlest of days blows up the close like it’s a wind tunnel, it’s open at the other end directly onto the beach and dunes. So now whenever I leave the house my ears are subject to this rhythm less plinky plink plonks plink noise. Arrrrrrggghhhh!

It is not remotely soothing which is it’s supposed intention, it’s ruining my peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that local AND national radio stations seem to think that some no-mark "celeb" joining Strictly Cum Dancing is worthy of a spot on the news.

No it's not, please STFU and **** off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that farting cows is headline news, not plastics or our burning fossil fuel like it's a competition. Animals have been around a lot longer than cars but they get the blame for the fact that the planet is a short time (relatively) from self-combusting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bickster said:

How long is a moment?

 

 

A9760C6E-8E85-4570-A42B-96C6DA526462.png

i believe it's about a minute and a half?

It really is a measurement of time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, choffer said:

The fact that farting cows is headline news, not plastics or our burning fossil fuel like it's a competition. Animals have been around a lot longer than cars but they get the blame for the fact that the planet is a short time (relatively) from self-combusting. 

Probably for the veggie thread.

But it's not animals getting the blame, it's humans for mass farming the amount of animals that they do.

It's hugely damaging to the environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably for the veggie thread.

But it's not animals getting the blame, it's humans for mass farming the amount of animals that they do.

It's hugely damaging to the environment.

Yeah, I get that but I think my complaint was more about the one-dimensional reporting on the telly this morning. It was something along the lines of "oh no, the cows have been at it again, fartin' an that, causing the inevitable destruction of the planet".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choffer said:

Yeah, I get that but I think my complaint was more about the one-dimensional reporting on the telly this morning. It was something along the lines of "oh no, the cows have been at it again, fartin' an that, causing the inevitable destruction of the planet".

Ah gotcha. Yeah that's annoying :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably for the veggie thread.

Not enough pictures of skinned animals :unsure:

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The masses of arseholes with cameras on Abbey Road, walking over the crossing. Anyone would think it was related to a group of musicians that were any good. eh @bickster?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bickster said:
22 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The masses of arseholes with cameras on Abbey Road, walking over the crossing. Anyone would think it was related to a group of musicians that were any good. eh @bickster?

I caught a snippet on the news before that said at some point the crossing had moved up the road and the width of the white stripes had changed width but now it was restored to its former position with the correct width of stripes so to be exactly as it was on the album cover.

They all deserve to be run over

Might be worth a petition to at least get it discussed in Parliament when they come back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Might be worth a petition to at least get it discussed in Parliament when they come back.

 

Legalising The Beatles Fan Purge, like it

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...
Â