Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

When really entertaining threads get locked or cleaned up by the Mods. :D

A forum I used to frequent used to have a sub forum called "the flame pit".

They had rules like here for the rest of the board, but if posters got into an argument the posts would get moved to the flame pit where they carried on their argument for everyone to ignore or to go and watch.

It was quite an entertaining way of doing it

(I'm not suggesting that for here by the way, mods)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

A forum I used to frequent used to have a sub forum called "the flame pit".

They had rules like here for the rest of the board, but if posters got into an argument the posts would get moved to the flame pit where they carried on their argument for everyone to ignore or to go and watch.

It was quite an entertaining way of doing it

(I'm not suggesting that for here by the way, mods)

The last thing that argument needs is more fire (In this case, 'fire' is symbolic, and not the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light , and various reaction products 🙄)

Edit: Bracketed information added for accuracy, followed by the mandatory 'rolly eyes' emoji.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I reckon out of those three that Marbella must be the worst! It’d be full of Representatives for Wellingborough from Essex. 

I agree, not far from Marbella is a beautiful town called Mijas, absolutely stunning and full of culture, far far better.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree, not far from Marbella is a beautiful town called Mijas, absolutely stunning and full of culture, far far better.

Nah mate, you don’t want culture. You wanna go somewhere like Ocean Club where all the blokes will dress the same and have shit haircuts and all the women will look like they’ve been in an explosion at a beauty salon. 

I’ve never actually been, but in my old workplace our support staff in the back office were mostly from Essex. Every year nearly all of them would be “going Marbs” or “Sharm”. And most of them were also words removed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Some silly bint at work who keeps telling people LOUDLY how her holiday has really strengthened her feeling of “wanderlust”.

Firstly, I hate that **** word. And secondly, come off it love - you’ve just had a two weeker in Bali, you’re hardly Michael Palin. 

Is she feeling 'spiritual' now and found her zen?

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Damn, what did I miss?! 

Nothing much. I raced in to read it after it was locked, expecting an experience like witnessing an air raid on a zoo, but instead it was more like being politely rejected for a mortgage application after a very long discussion. 2/10 WNB. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know I've done this before, but it's not a **** 'side-hustle' it's a job. Anyone using this 'cutesy' expression can **** off, come back and **** off again. 

Completely agree and you know which massively unprofitable global "transportation" sorry tech company started that particular item of bullshit don't you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Completely agree and you know which massively unprofitable global "transportation" sorry tech company started that particular item of bullshit don't you

That does not surprise me in the slightest. Absolutely typical of them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:
7 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I reckon out of those three that Marbella must be the worst! It’d be full of Representatives for Wellingborough from Essex. 

It's pronounced

Image result for the royle family my arse

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not the woman, but the story wording:

I know I've done this before, but it's not a **** 'side-hustle' it's a job. Anyone using this 'cutesy' expression can **** off, come back and **** off again. 

I don't know mate, she deserves ridicule for that hair. 

Agree on the term 'side hustle'. Its called having a job which all students going back in time have usually had. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:
13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not the woman, but the story wording:

I don't know mate, she deserves ridicule for that hair. 

Agree on the term 'side hustle'. Its called having a job which all students going back in time have usually had. 

I would be gutted if she was the top bit of a mermaid is all i am saying.  Is she a garden gnome now or what?

Â