Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The United fans I play football with or work with praying Liverpool don't win the title with their faux concern.

Mate, we live in Birmingham. You have no "local" rivalry, no local pride. It doesn't affect you. It doesn't affect anything about you, you are so far removed it should have no impact. It's what you believe should be said, and it's what you've been told to believe, but in what way does it really matter to you if Liverpool win the title?
"Well sky told me we're enemies innit"

Bunch of bloody plastics.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's the way it's always been! Said before it doesn't bother me I just think it automatically excludes them from banter with local fans, if I'm having a slanting match with a baggies fan at work then no way am I interested if a utd fan pipes up and tries to join in, their football opinion is null and void

I do agree though, glory hunters seem to have this desire to shout it louder and with more pride almost as some sort of "honest i am a real fan" protest, i also find they have an incredibly skewed football knowledge, can tell you their U19s goalkeepers favourite colour but oblivious to basic trivia about other teams 

• Like 2

Yeah there's a United fan at work. We do this prediction game every week, you know just win lose or draw on the prem fixtures and winner gets cash.

He never predicts a Liverpool win because he "hates them so much". And if he does, he asks someone else to put the result in for him because he can't bear to do it himself.

Born and bred in Wolverhampton of course.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Stupid illogical quite frankly daft names of businesses

Todays classic example of this... Chi Nar Gardens Restaurant. They deserve to be bankrupt

There's a Chinese takeaway near me called "A B Sea". 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The United fans I play football with or work with praying Liverpool don't win the title with their faux concern.

Mate, we live in Birmingham. You have no "local" rivalry, no local pride. It doesn't affect you. It doesn't affect anything about you, you are so far removed it should have no impact. It's what you believe should be said, and it's what you've been told to believe, but in what way does it really matter to you if Liverpool win the title?

It's the equivalent of Villa fans hoping small heath win the league to stop Wolves winning it

On 06/04/2019 at 12:15, limpid said:

But it is fixable.

The fix, as much as I like it, wouldn't actually fix the problem, it would only reduce it and create another one, I think. If people donated so the site didn't need advertisers to stay above water, then great, but then the decision as to offence or inappropriate use would pass from advertisers no brain decision making process to the people who run the site having to make a (hopefully) more informed decision, but it'd create more work for us. I'm personally fine with using the "no usage of those terms" at all way of doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Hating Liverpool transcends normal footballing rivalries though.  Them winning the league would be one of the most irritating things to happen in the 21st century.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, blandy said:

The fix, as much as I like it, wouldn't actually fix the problem, it would only reduce it and create another one, I think. If people donated so the site didn't need advertisers to stay above water, then great, but then the decision as to offence or inappropriate use would pass from advertisers no brain decision making process to the people who run the site having to make a (hopefully) more informed decision, but it'd create more work for us. I'm personally fine with using the "no usage of those terms" at all way of doing it.

Quite true, but we'd have removed all the work in keeping the site advertiser friendly. Also, making posters more invested should mean posters might actually report problems rather than making them worse.

The nature of moderating would change, but I don't think the amount of work would be much different.

There are some other options too - like up/down voting on posts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Result! Mint Choc Chip is MUCH nicer than cookie dough

Just tastes like you're eating chocolate chip ice cream while chewing gum at the same time to me.  To be fair this one wasnt too strong, so the tub will be finished.

WTF is wrong with people :wacko:

Italian police have detained a British woman suspected of removing some small Roman tiles from a mosaic at Pompeii.

Italian media say she was spotted cutting tiles - called tesserae - from a floor mosaic in the world-famous site's House of the Anchor. She was with her father and sister at the time.

:snip:

The 20-year-old woman had crossed a guard rail around the mosaic, police said.

Last year police arrested two French tourists found stealing pieces of marble and earthenware at Pompeii, Italy's Il Giornale daily reports.

And in 2016 an American took a piece of marble off the floor of the House of the Small Fountain, the paper said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47854399

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm far from "posh", but I seem to have a habit of making a bit of a nob of myself whenever I talk to anyone who works in a typical "bloke" job. any kind of interaction with tradesman, and I channel my inner-dickhead.

I took my car in to have its alloys redone this morning. I was waiting for the mechanic guy to turn up, and when he did, I introduced myself, and he held out his hand. I couldn't decide whether he was going to shake my hand or take the key, so I reached out mine, put the key in his hand, and shook his hand in one gesture, like I was tipping him a car or something.

The look of "wtf" on his face is going to pop in to my head and taunt me occasionally for years to come.

I swear more than usual when dealing with tradespeople.  Like I think it'll help me fit in or something.

I'm a whopper.

• Like 3

Â