Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

that's how it starts

you'll have white man dreads by July

this time next year you'll be the triangle player in UB40, standing at the back and ting

Nah sorted it out with hardcore country music and reddits most cringe moments part 42.

• Like 1

Noticed a long scratch along the passenger side of my car... not sure how long its been there but wager it was done in the supermarket at the weekend as I rarely drive it out. Naturally, it has pissed me off. Its not a mega expensive new car but i look after it and its in mint condition for the age of it. Just makes me want to get an old nail like a rusty old Micra and Corolla so I don't need to care about it. 

rocket polishers. 

• Sad 1

Been in QE A&E since 4:20 this morning after waking up at 3:30 with a mouth full of blood and coughed up some bloody phlegm. Now I’ve had a quarter of a day to think about it while waking up slowly after a few hours I think I’ve probs got myself a chest infection.

However, my time here has shown me how bad things are for my employer. I’ve sat for an hour and then I’ve had my obs taken, sat down again and waited another hour then had a blood test and then I’ve been sat here for 2 and a bit hours now just watching people come and go. Reception staff are unhelpful.

Reality of a Tory led NHS now is you go to A&E to wait for 5-6 hours (maybe more as I’m not sensing my name being called anytime soon) to probably just be told your obs and bloods are fine and to go home. It’s a joke.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Been in QE A&E since 4:20 this morning after waking up at 3:30 with a mouth full of blood and coughed up some bloody phlegm. Now I’ve had a quarter of a day to think about it while waking up slowly after a few hours I think I’ve probs got myself a chest infection.

However, my time here has shown me how bad things are for my employer. I’ve sat for an hour and then I’ve had my obs taken, sat down again and waited another hour then had a blood test and then I’ve been sat here for 2 and a bit hours now just watching people come and go. Reception staff are unhelpful.

Reality of a Tory led NHS now is you go to A&E to wait for 5-6 hours (maybe more as I’m not sensing my name being called anytime soon) to probably just be told your obs and bloods are fine and to go home. It’s a joke.

Just tell the staff you're experiencing chest pains. bingo! you've jumped the queue of people who are there with a tickly cough :D 

• Haha 1

As soon as I posted I got called through. Quick check with the doc and an X-ray later and it’s a suspected chest infection and a weeks worth of amoxicillin. Urgh. At least it’s nothing sinister. 

In QE Cafe now with a sausage sarnie, probs not the best thing to eat at the mo but I haven’t eaten since yesterday evening. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

That sucks - hope you get some encouraging news soon.

The QE is widely regarded as one of the least effective hospitals in all of the NHS though. A family member who is very high up in the NHS says she has to go up there regularly to help them try to establish basic processes.

My old man was in there a couple of years ago with a DVT and his experience was horrendous. He was left in a bed for a day and nobody came to review him all day. When he needed to use the bathroom, he buzzed and buzzed for a nurse and they'd come and then tell him they were busy but would be back to take him to the bathroom in a minute. After 3 hours of this, I went to have a quiet word with the head nurse and only then did he get any movement. He was discharged after four or five days on a Friday morning at 7am. Told to wait for the pharmacy to deliver his meds, he waited all day. Later in the morning someone came to take the bed as he no longer needed it. A few hours later someone came for the chair. He was literally left to stand in a room for hours until the meds finally arrived at 9 that night - 14 hours after he was discharged. I am sure there are plenty of amazing people who do amazing work at the QE but compared to my experience of other hospitals, the QE is very badly run.

Probably not what you wanted to hear while you're in there. Hope you get well soon.

• Thanks 1

The amount of comments in support of Brunei's stoning of gay people law on BBC articles relating to it. 

A lot of them basically supporting the genocide of 10% of the world's population.  Terrifying.

Couples that **** hashtag endless shit without knowing what hashtag are. I know 2 couples that are getting married this year and when I was on Facebook they posted regular updates with **** inane hashtag. #notlongatall #excitingtimes #futurehubby

words removed. Utter words removed. The thing is both friends are prone to stropping so I can't even message them and say what the **** have you become. 

The only positive is only one of them has invited me to the wedding. Don't get me started on that in the North on a bloody Friday. words removed. 

Edited by Seat68
stopping, stropping, tomayto tomarto.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Couples that **** hashtag endless shit without knowing what hashtag are

one couple I know hold conversations between themselves on Facebook about some Guardian article that one linked to ( they are nice people but the woollyist liberals I've ever met ) ...I have visions of them sitting next to each other on the sofa Facebooking each other and requesting sexy time with each other via  Whatsapp

• Like 1

Just now, choffer said:

Woolier and liberaler than the VT'ers you've met?

I met a VT'er several years ago who rocked up pissed, carrying a bag of cans and moaned he hadn't realised I was 'actually' Welsh, he'd presumed I'd just moved there!

There was no second date.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I met a VT'er several years ago who rocked up pissed, carrying a bag of cans and moaned he hadn't realised I was 'actually' Welsh, he'd presumed I'd just moved there!

There was no second date.

carrying a cucumber?

Just now, Seat68 said:

carrying a cucumber?

i don't recall a cucumber.

But then I've also forgotten his name, so perhaps I've blanked a whole lot of the day out of my mind.

I'll go and stare at a bag of salad and see if I get a flashback.

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Woolier and liberaler than the VT'ers you've met?

probably yes , I mean whilst some on VT kinda posted about how we should give over our spare rooms to a refugee , they actually did ..just a shame he then exploded a bomb on a tube train and they spent a few days being interviewed by the police   ... but they haven't let it it deter them and they took in another one  , he's currently running Arabic drumming classes for them and some of their friends  , mainly attended by women who wear  kafka scarfs and hate men after their husband ran off with his secretary  :)

TBF , although we disagree a little on politics and things like  Beatles music , larger v beer and keeping coal in the bath , all the VT'ers I've met have been thoroughly decent , even the weird ones that put custard on a meat pudding 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â