Things that piss you off that shouldn't

8 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Mine was £800 a month (when he was in 5 days a week) - have a look around?  Or, if you live in and around London, you might be right!! 

Don't forget, when they get to 3, you get 30 hours free, which helps a lot!

We're lucky that 2 days a week, our boy goes to his nanny's (monday's) and grandma's on Friday's.  

London? This ones in Wythall. And our older child went to one in Solihull at a similar cost. You can find some cheaper places, sure but its all rediculously overpriced.

Ye, will get the 30 hours from September next year.

Eating the kids leftovers until then.

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

£1191.67 for my 1 year old to go to nursery for a month (working days).

How have we got to that? Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

Tax free childcare will take that bill down by 20% if it is an Ofsted registered nursery. 

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

£1191.67 for my 1 year old to go to nursery for a month (working days).

How have we got to that? Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

The cost of Nursery care shocks me. 

We put 2 kids through it and basically my wife in a well paid professional job spent almost her whole wage on care.  It was only really worth staying in work for the car and pension and career progression. 

The majority of staff are youngsters probably on minimum wage. And great they were too. 

You hear a lot of sob stories about how many nurseries will go bust giving x hours of free care but I know someone who owns a single site nursery and he's doing VERY well for himself and the people who ran our nursery always drove top of the range cars and gave the appearance of being very well off. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Final bill from Audi. £1358.17

:angry:

The annoying thing is you're paying for the shiny reception area, the glamorous girl on the front desk, the "complimentary" hot drinks in the waiting area, whilst looking at the pretty potted plants dotted around the gaff.

It's just as well you're stinking rich, Mere Green Nigel 😂

Edited by mottaloo
22 hours ago, Michelsen said:

About £300 a month for us. Excellent quality care, too. Three meals per day included. 

I love the Nordic welfare state. 

I just checked, having 2 kids, 1-6 years old, full daycare is currently 1900 SEK (£157) And thats for people with pretty high income.

I may have to pay a tax high enough to support a moonlanding, but we do get some decent things in return.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

oh I don't think Audi drivers have kids

Probably one for 'things I often wonder'.  Does the w**ker buy the BMW/Audi, or does buying it turn them into one.  The old chicken or the egg conundrum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Probably one for 'things I often wonder'.  Does the w**ker buy the BMW/Audi, or does buying it turn them into one.  The old chicken or the egg conundrum.

I like to stay relevant. Hence why I moved from BWM to Audi as I want to stay at the top of the rocket polisher charts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â