Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Been said before here multiple times, but parents who can't control their kids in pubs/restaurants. Was tucking into my breakfast in the boozer today and it was naturally busier than normal, being Mother's day, but the number of kids shouting, screaming and stamping was crazy. Default response from the parents was either to smile like dippit words removed or shove a smartphone/tablet into the little monsters fat hands to subdue them. 

Erm...let me guess...wetherspoons, mere green ?

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Been said before here multiple times, but parents who can't control their kids in pubs/restaurants. Was tucking into my breakfast in the boozer today and it was naturally busier than normal, being Mother's day, but the number of kids shouting, screaming and stamping was crazy. Default response from the parents was either to smile like dippit words removed or shove a smartphone/tablet into the little monsters fat hands to subdue them. 

Chicken Korma, Lasagne, Soup - Just some of the things people have ended up wiping off themselves or their kids due to their little brats running around and running straight into the waiting staff's legs over the years.

Only once in my memory were they particularly bolshy about it. (there's always one!) And yes, it was a pleasure politely informing them I wouldn't be doing their dry-cleaning...

I don't ever recall any of them asking if the waitresses were ok

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I hate the protection kids and their parents get in these situations.

If I started running round a pub or restaurant shouting and ruining everyone's meal I'd get rightly thrown out. 

But kids don't know any better so everyone just lets them get on with it and lets their parents get way with it even though the little words removed are ruining everyone else's day.

• Like 3

People on planes who when they stand up use the seat in front to pull themselves up, unaware that the person in front can feel that!

Just stand up like a normal person. You don't need a rope lift to get off your sofa do you?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People on planes who when they stand up use the seat in front to pull themselves up, unaware that the person in front can feel that!

Just stand up like a normal person. You don't need a rope lift to get off your sofa do you?

I only do it if the person in front is a seat-back rocket polisher, then it's fair game.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate the protection kids and their parents get in these situations.

If I started running round a pub or restaurant shouting and ruining everyone's meal I'd get rightly thrown out. 

But kids don't know any better so everyone just lets them get on with it and lets their parents get way with it even though the little words removed are ruining everyone else's day.

Parents and kids should be thrown out. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

planes do bring out abnormal behaviour in people ... I often wonder if there is some unknown prize I don't know about for the first person to stand up and open the overhead compartment   once the plane has landed and the seat belt lights gone off   ... they haven't even opened the doors yet , and even when they do there are 24 rows of people in front of you ,  you aint going anywhere so sit down  and chill for a few more minutes

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

planes do bring out abnormal behaviour in people ... I often wonder if there is some unknown prize I don't know about for the first person to stand up and open the overhead compartment   once the plane has landed and the seat belt lights gone off   ... they haven't even opened the doors yet , and even when they do there are 24 rows of people in front of you ,  you aint going anywhere so sit down  and chill for a few more minutes

Yeah exactly. 

I also take great pleasure in, once people have started to actually get off and aisle is clear, standing up and stepping into the aisle, barging in front of the people who have been stood up for ages and taking my sweet time getting my bag down 😬

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:01, tonyh29 said:

I always wait until the mad rush has finished, generally one of the last half a dozen off a plane... Always nice to thank the Stewardesses and if the door is open, thank the Pilots too... It's only polite after all.

8 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I always wait until the mad rush has finished, generally one of the last half a dozen off a plane... Always nice to thank the Stewardesses and if the door is open, thank the Pilots too... It's only polite after all.

They just want you to get off the plane so they can down a bottle of scotch before their next flight :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

I’m generally in no rush myself but we made a bit of a mistake on our last holiday. We flew on a 747-400 which was bloody massive and sat near the back. It meant that whilst I was in no mad rush to get off we were already about 600th in line to go through security (and that’s before any other flights arriving at the same time). It Took ages (Gatwick).

• Like 1

Â