Things that piss you off that shouldn't

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I just don't get some of our younger generation wondering round the shops/streets with there hand down the front there jeans, joggers, trousers etc?   

These are extremely busy and productive young men who nevertheless take their health seriously, so take the sensible precaution of checking for testicular lumps. 

Body-shamer!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I just don't get some of our younger generation wondering round the shops/streets with there hand down the front there jeans, joggers, trousers etc?   

See also: trousers that look like they're about to literally fall down. Men walking around looking like children that need their parents to dress them still is the 2017 look

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Years I've had that put down, years, and you've blown it apart in seconds. Back to the drawing board..

You should be thanking Snowy for saving you from being stabbed in the neck. 

To dis a mans joggers is one of the worst things you can do. The joggers represent the very core of ones identity. It is a clear message to the world that this is who I am and I will not be judged. 

Ya get me? 

Edited by villaglint
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I have to say my employers are excellent in that regard, I can often get last minute holidays booked off or can work from home if I need to do a job or maybe the school run. 

Same, and I'd refuse to work anywhere that didn't match my current employer's approach for anything short of doubling my salary. My last employer was big on 'presenteeism', and working from home was for upper management only, with a nod and a wink about them 'working' from home.

The current lot are a breath of fresh air. Not in any meetings today, and don't want to go in to the office for any reason? Cool, work from home. In meetings, but have a reason you'd really quite like to work from home? Cool, it's 2017, just dial in. Have something happening tomorrow, and the project isn't literally on fire? Cool, have the day off, or start late/finish early, whatever you want. 

I'm a big fan of the hour and a half lunches so I can go to the gym, too.

I've spoken to my 'boss' probably 4-5 times since Christmas. Our team manages itself, and we're all professionals that don't take the piss. **** love my job. :P 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
On 14/09/2017 at 14:56, tonyh29 said:

people complaining to Offcom because Bake off did a scene where Noel Fiedling was hiding in a fridge

twitter has a few " I've now had to explain to my children that they shouldn't hide in fridges  " .

On the basis that Twitter clearing in the woods with the use of the word "now" doesn't appear to have already warned his child not to climb inside fridges , shouldn't he in fact be praising Fielding for his stunt , as now he's been given a perfect opportunity  to tell his child something he'd clearly overlooked

perhaps next week he could watch the episode of the Simpson where Maggie shoots Mr Burns and then he can explain to his child not to shoot people  ..after he's moaned about it on twitter of course

/\

This guy does not remember the epidemic that occured in the US following Indiana Jones' escapade with a nuclear blast and a fridge.

100,000s,  if not millions of young children died that year from hiding in fridge related deaths.

#neverforget

On the subject of work emails, a lot my clients work in industries that are working every day (transport, logistics and other 24/7 operations) and as such I get emails all weekend from them. When I log on Monday morning after the weekend I'm always faced with a deluge of requests/queries/demands. *sigh*

I agree with you about emails, I hate people sending them to me late in the day and usually I don't respond after 5-ish but had no choice last night :( Still, had no calls from work today so I guess the place didn't burn down without me. 

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm loving all these posts bitching about work. :)

Mind you, my boss does behave like a two-year-old... but that's because she IS a two-year-old.

Haven't you got a nappy to change? :)

• Haha 1

My new boss.

We have an ongoing activity that I'm responsible for tracking and reporting.

I send out an update EVERY DAY, showing the day's progress and our overall total vs target, line by line. 

New boss has just emailed me 

"Ben, can I get an update of where we are today?"

Erm, yes. You can. I send it EVERY **** DAY! You'll get it today like you've gotten it every day for the last 6 weeks!

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My new boss.

We have an ongoing activity that I'm responsible for tracking and reporting.

I send out an update EVERY DAY, showing the day's progress and our overall total vs target, line by line. 

New boss has just emailed me 

"Ben, can I get an update of where we are today?"

Erm, yes. You can. I send it EVERY **** DAY! You'll get it today like you've gotten it every day for the last 6 weeks!

Sometimes you just have to shit on a turtle stevo

• limpid locked and unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â