AVFCforever1991

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

just received a confidentiality form from a new client in Chicago for a project I'm about to carry out for them , it looked very familiar , right to the point where I looked at the properties and saw my name as the author of the document .

This  has happened a few times now , I guess I should be flattered that other companies are sharing my work around but equally it pisses me off as well 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Breakfast radio presenters. Not the main presenter but his/her sidekick lackies who, for no good reason, make themselves out to be whacky/zany, making unfunny add ons to the main presenter's jokes after laughing sycophantically. They see themselves as part of a madcap breakfast possé or crew when in reality they're probably as interesting as an empty shoe box.

Frank Skinner's Saturday show has them (absolute radio) as does the same station's weekday show with Christian O'Connell. 

You're not famous; you're not funny. Shut up with your inane drivel and play some decent music and DON'T talk over the track at the end !!!

I think commercial radio in general is usually pretty appalling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Breakfast radio presenters. Not the main presenter but his/her sidekick lackies who, for no good reason, make themselves out to be whacky/zany, making unfunny add ons to the main presenter's jokes after laughing sycophantically. They see themselves as part of a madcap breakfast possé or crew when in reality they're probably as interesting as an empty shoe box.

Frank Skinner's Saturday show has them (absolute radio) as does the same station's weekday show with Christian O'Connell. 

You're not famous; you're not funny. Shut up with your inane drivel and play some decent music and DON'T talk over the track at the end !!!

Frank has two! The bloke thinks he's Karl Pilkington and the lady thinks she the radio 2 travel lady's better sister. What a load of crap that show is.

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

O'Connell and Richie are quality .. the other 2 can jog on but those two are a perfect foil for each other 

• Like 1

To me the radio side kick and the producer chirping up only showcases that the main presenter isn't actually good enough anymore to carry the show

i listen briefly to radio 1 during the day, I haven't got a clue how some of them keep their jobs, maybe one for the things I don't get thread instead but I can just about stomach Greg James on the way home, grimshaw ticks a box somewhere, her doing the morning show must have won a raffle and Scott mills was shit 10 years ago

could be worse though, they've got that grey playlist but I swear talksport plays more music than Chris moyles radio X show

Listening to the radio. Eurgh. One thing I've never done and will never understand. Stick your own cds or mp3 stuff on man. 

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Listening to the radio. Eurgh. One thing I've never done and will never understand. Stick your own cds or mp3 stuff on man. 

Breakfast radio in the week is all terrible...

but after, say, 10 am there's loads of good reasons to listen to the radio.

but all Monday to friday breakfast radio is hateful. Ban it all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Commercial radio music is soul crushing, and probably living on borrowed time. 

• Like 1

I don't find him funny, but I don't find him annoying either.  He's just one of those 'wacky' ones I don't get.  I don't mind when he ends up on the odd comedy panel show.  Unlike others like Phil Jupitus, who has cost me about 2 televisions at last count.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't find him funny, but I don't find him annoying either.  He's just one of those 'wacky' ones I don't get.  I don't mind when he ends up on the odd comedy panel show.  Unlike others like Phil Jupitus, who has cost me about 2 televisions at last count.

It's his combination of 'wacky' comedy that I just don't find funny and the fact that he has that stupid grin on his face all the time which makes it seem like he finds himself absolutely hilarious, for me. I may well be judging him incorrectly on the last count but I just don't think he's funny in the slightest.

I actually quite like Jupitus on panel shows though, he's always good on QI and if he wasn't on Buzzcocks I'd probably have stopped watching it by now.

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I actually quite like Jupitus on panel shows though, he's always good on QI and if he wasn't on Buzzcocks I'd probably have stopped watching it by now.

Oh Jesus we really differ on him.  Other than Sue Perkins who I just can't stand, Jupitus always massively takes away from those QI episodes with his 'contributions'.  He gets left behind by the actual comedians and usually adds a loud bit at the end of their jokes just to be involved in some way.  He's pathetic.  He's like the Rob Schneider of British comedy panel shows.  He must know the right people to keep getting bookings.  It's a relatively small pool I suppose.

As for Buzzcocks. I was never a big fan, but far and away the best thing about that show was Simon Amstell.

Maybe Fielding gets an easy ride because I actually don't see a whole lot of him.

• Like 1

Amstell was brilliant and it went downhill after he left for sure, but I've always found Jupitus as quite a likeable chap.

I'm pretty disappointed with most of the people they have on QI and don't feel like they contribute much. They have Johnny Vegas and Ross Noble on there quite often and I always wonder why. Vegas never seems to do much at all (and I don't really find him funny when he actually does try, QI isn't really his scene anyway in my opinion) and Noble's brand of weird improvised comedy just comes across as a bit silly to me. In the ones I've seen, Jupitus seems to be pretty heavily involved. My favourite panelist was Toksvig though I haven't seen any of the new episodes with her hosting so I don't know what the show's like now.

Fielding is funny when he has someone to bounce off. Without JB he struggles. His own show for eg. was awful much like his stand up but when he is doing stuff as the Boosh he can be great. He was brilliant in the Trailer Park Boys in Europe thing on Netflix.

But yeah, on his own he is crap.

Fact: I have never laughed at anything Jupitus has ever said in the 20+ years I've been aware of him. The male Jo Brand.

Jupitus' standup Quadrophobia is one of the funniest I've seen and therefore has a free pass on TV appearances from me.

Â