Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Cat faces clearing in the woods, Amanda Platell patronising "beautiful young black men", and championing the Daily Mail as the voice of the people, on Question Time. Makes me want to vomit.

Edited by dAVe80

My housemate has gone in a strop because I (light heartedly) took the piss after he asked if Hunger Games was a comedy after my other housemate had explained that it was about "people from different tribes/civilisations trying to kill each other". 

He's been sulking in his room for the last two hours and keeps coming down every so often to make some noise in the kitchen. Tit. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

You bully. ;)

Meh, all I said was "Does it sound like a comedy?"

Another one for the list while I'm here. Your signature.

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 4

In our team at work we all tease and make fun of each other as you'd expect a bunch of men to do but we found out today that one of our team can't take a little joke.

We were asked to look after some boxes of stuff that had been emptied from the desk of a woman who went on maternity leave. She came in the other day and sorted what she wanted to keep and what could be thrown so we got our apprentice to empty the 'rubbish' boxes, and he came across this issue of Vanity Fair

World-Cup-Stars-Vanity-Fair-Magazine-Jun

So of course we stuck it in our colleague's drawer while he was out for lunch.

Now, I was away from my desk at the time but I was told when he found it he just got in a huff and said "I don't have time for jokes!" and threw it in the bin. Of course, normally this would mean we'd relentlessly keep putting it back but I feel he is the type to run off to HR so that's the end of that fun.

The "secure" packaging for memory cards and USB sticks pisses me off. These things are ridiculously cheap these days compared to 5 years ago. So why do you need the jaws of life and a bloody jackhammer to get them out of the packet?

• Like 2

Why?

Because they are ubiquitous and prey on vulnerable people. They don't make money out of casual gamblers who have their wits about them, they make money out of poor sods who piss away any money they have in the hope of making a bit of money. There were some stats about the money these companies take from poor communities out a few weeks back, well into the billions IIRC.

Sickening, horrid, morally bankrupt arseholes IMO.

BTW I ignored the alcohol point because it implies that I don't have a problem with that, which isn't true.

Freedom of choice. Gambling is as old as the hills and now they advertise due to competition, those who are going to gamble will do so regardless. I do agree that there needs to be more regulation, as there is with the advertising of alcohol (sign up deals being a major issue) but you can't knock them for being in the trade.

They give people what the people want. For the vast majority of people who like a flutter, it's a bit of fun. Just like having a drink or seeing a prostitute.

Well, I mean, you can knock them for being in the trade. It's kind of a scummy thing.

You bully. ;)

What's wrong with my signature? I thought it was quite clever.

You bully. ;)

What's wrong with my signature? I thought it was quite clever.

The "this" goes onto the next line for me, all the way over to the left. Which I'm guessing spoils the effect you were going for.

Here's one that definitely fits the brief of the thread. 

People who pronounce the name of the Fairport Convention album "Liege and Lief" as if it referred to a place in Belgium. 

• Like 1

Oh, for me it is all on the same line. I presumed it would be like that for everyone else too. Maybe it's different depending on whether you are using laptop, iphone, android or whatever.

Â