Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People eating on the street.

Fish & chips at the seaside, perhaps can be tolerated.

Sick of seeing fat people with Greggs pasties, walking on high streets.

We really have lost a lot of manners with food in this country

Since when was walking down the street eating something classed as bad manners? There's an awful lot of bad mannered people who go to football matches eating stuff on the way to the ground,

I've never once considered eating and walking to be bad manners

It does however fit into the rare category of a post that actually does do what the thread title says :mrgreen:

I watched a documentary a few months ago called "The Men who Made us Fat"

They had a big section on how eating culture has changed over the years.

One bit was saying how eating in the street 20-30 years ago absolutely would have been considered bad manners. Eating was something done at home at the dinner table and eating in the street, or even snacking between meals in general, wasn't really the done thing. IF you ate a burger in the street you'd be looked at funny.

Obviously times change, and I wasn't alive so I can't say how accurate the documentary was.

30 years ago I'd have happily eaten a chilli kebab or a bag of chips in the street. The fact that those outlets existed suggests others were also happy to eat in the street.

Yep I'd suggest that anyone who claims that eating in the streets 20 or 30 years ago was considered bad manners is talking nonsense.

Yeah as I said, I can't vouch for the accuracy. And actually it might have been 40 years ago as I think it was on about 60's and 70's, but still

(I still think of 1990 being 10 years ago...)

I think road safety should be a compulsory exam in school these days.

People don't know how to cross a road at all. They don't look, they just take a leap of faith into the road. Luckily I have come to terms with this now so if I see someone walking towards the road I slow down, under the assumption that they are not going to look.

Mind you, it's not just the young people but the pensioners too, but the old 'uns are stubborn and won't trouble us for much longer anyway.

Should just be legal to run over pedestrians if they're in the road.

That'd soon teach people to do it **** properly.

this

and horses , they belong in a field not on roads with finger wagging women on them demanding we slow down to walking pace and give them 100 foot clearance

this

and horses , they belong in a field not on roads with finger wagging women on them demanding we slow down to walking pace and give them 100 foot clearance

A friend of mine has the fairly inconsiderate (but highly amusing) habit of dropping down 2 gears and screaming past someone if they're on a horse on a public road. Suffice to say he has the attitude that horses belong in fields.

I used to date a girl who has a rather spoilt sister. Needless to say that said sister had a horse, and insisted that whenever we passed a horse in the car that we'd slow right down and even turn the radio down a little.

****. Right. Off.

this

A friend of mine has the fairly inconsiderate (but highly amusing) habit of dropping down 2 gears and screaming past someone if they're on a horse on a public road. Suffice to say he has the attitude that horses belong in fields.

But what if there is an attractive blonde riding that horse? The smile and wave you get for being considerate may be the most action some of us (or mostly just me) will ever get.

this

Yes, highly amusing. :shock:

Especially if said horse(s) bolt and throw the rider off and cause serious injury to the rider.

I would suggest your friend is a prick, and lacks patience, consideration and half a brain.

Especially if said horse(s) bolt and throw the rider off and cause serious injury to the rider.

I would suggest your friend is a prick, and lacks patience, consideration and half a brain.

:lol: I'd say he's guilty of 2 of those. No, yes, yes, no in that order.

:lol: I'd say he's guilty of 2 of those. No, yes, yes, no in that order.

don't you ever get riled ? I reckon you'd apologise to a robber for not having more money on you as he stole your wallet :-)

I sorta agree with Jon on this one , whilst i chuckled when i read your post I wouldn't deliberately startle the horse as it would be a dangerous thing to do

( I think Jon is also in a grumpy mood today :P )

There may be a timing issue with regards to the tax but you seem to have been working for them for enough time for that to have been taken account of.

You should be able to see from your payslip what your situation is regarding tax, NI, repayments and so forth.

If you're having different amounts taken in income tax and they're still changing then it may well be that it isn't right. Unfortunately, I don't think the tax office can help as it's probably the duty of your payroll dept to ensure that the right payments are being made during the current financial year. It's only really up to HMRC to inform your PAYE fellows of the right tax code (which they often don't do) and sort out subsequent issues post year end.

Having checked the payslip it's tax again going up - I've had similar issues before with my tax code being wrong while I was at Gamestation and had it sorted (with a rebate) so will give them a bell next week sometime probably. Shouldn't be too hard to sort - I simply haven't earnt enough to be taxed this much/at all.

It shouldn't be a problem long anyway - contract ends next week.

That pisses me off.

There is nothing more tedious than a 6-7 year old very badly showing you how to play MotorStorm on the PS3

"Look at my skills!" as he rides around in a circle while the rest of the vehicles in the race lap him.

"I'm drifting" as he puts the brakes on and lets his car roll around a corner.

My eyes lit up when I saw he had Gran Turismo but he didn't want to play that :notsure:

Â