Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you don't take off the paper and then run your thumb down the trench in the middle, neatly tearing the foil as you go, and then break it in half at that rip and remove the foil�that way, then you're a psychopath.

You'd just be able to get a Kit-Kat through slots.

sotl.png

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

People doing "charity fundraisers" on Facebook for their birthdays.

Seriously fook the fook off

It better be something you hate doing.  I'm not funding your skydive but I'll chip in if it's a royal rumble with some venomous snakes and honey badgers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

It better be something you hate doing.  I'm not funding your skydive but I'll chip in if it's a royal rumble with some venomous snakes and honey badgers.

These people aren't even doing ANYTHING! This is, don't buy me a present, donate instead.

I was never buying you a present in the first place, fook off with your guilt trip

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

These people aren't even doing ANYTHING! This is, don't buy me a present, donate instead.

I was never buying you a present in the first place, fook off with your guilt trip

Just respond with "Done" and get the kudos from donating exactly what you'd have spent on a gift :D 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's just weird. That's like eating a tea bag and then pouring the hot water down your throat.

I worked with a bloke who always dipped his sandwiches in his tea and then ate them, like they were biscuits. 

I used to watch in disgust as the soggy tea-stained bread went from his mug to his mouth.

"It all goes down the same way, so why not ?" he shrugged.

:puke:

Edited by mottaloo
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's just weird. That's like eating a tea bag and then pouring the hot water down your throat.

That's actually not remotely similar at all

It's like taking all the chocolate off a Club biscuit before you eat the filling and the biscuit. Perfectly normal

25 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I worked with a bloke that always dipped his sandwiches in his tea and then ate them, like they were biscuits. 

I used to watch in disgust as the soggy tea-stained bread went from his mug to his mouth.

"It all goes down the same way, so why not ?" he shrugged.

:puke:

That's definitely odd

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's actually not remotely similar at all

It's like taking all the chocolate off a Club biscuit before you eat the filling and the biscuit. Perfectly normal

You're deconstructing the ingredients and eating them separately.

The reason a twix is nice is because you get everything at once. If you eat the caramel separate from the biscuit separate from the chocolate then why have you bought a twix? You may as well have bought a dairy milk and a packet of digestives.

Don't know about clubs. Nobody's eaten a club since 1991, but I imagine it's the same.

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

You're deconstructing the ingredients and eating them separately.

That's exactly why your analogy doesn't work. You aren't deconstructing a cup of tea if you eat the teabag before you've made the tea, you can't deconstruct something before its made

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's exactly why your analogy doesn't work. You aren't deconstructing a cup of tea if you eat the teabag before you've made the tea, you can't deconstruct something before its made

Well funnily enough, I wasn't being entirely serious with the suggestion of someone eating a tea bag and pouring boiling water down their gob :D 

If you want a serious analogy, it's like receiving a lovely BLT sandwich, then eating the bread first, then the bacon, then the lettuce, then the tomato.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The reason a twix is nice is because you get everything at once. If you eat the caramel separate from the biscuit separate from the chocolate then why have you bought a twix? You may as well have bought a dairy milk and a packet of digestives.

Where can you buy the caramel? You know the bit people are saving til last

I remember people used to eat the chocolate off a Curly Wurly before the caramel or the chocolate off a Trio

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you want a serious analogy, it's like receiving a lovely BLT sandwich, then eating the bread first, then the bacon, then the lettuce, then the tomato.

Now I know you're taking the piss, you're a Vogon

EDIT: FWIW I'd remove the lettuce and the tomato in a BLT

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. :D 

I have nothing against tomatoes btw, I just don't like them in sandwiches, they make the bread too soggy. Lettuce on the other hand... just think of the pigs we could nuture on that land used up by farming the lettuce weed :D

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

EDIT: FWIW I'd remove the lettuce and the tomato in a BLT

See I wouldn't buy it as by it's a very presence in the sandwich it's tainted the flavour

I'd Buy a B no LT but buying  a BLT and removing the LT is a huge no no

likewise Mrs H who thinks she can pass off  a cheese and cucumber sandwich that the kids didn't want on me by removing the cucumber ..you can't  , the cucumber has sullied the sandwich

People who meander along the centre of a pavement without a care in the world and somehow make overtaking them on an 8 foot wide path a bit of a challenge.

People who think it’s perfectly normal to put a weeks shop through the self scan checkout.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Screen_Shot_2018-06-01_at_2.13.46_PM.png

Is this a new packaging design or the shit U.S version where chocolate tastes rotten over there imo.

On the chocolate undressing.. I used to eat a Mars bar horizontally biting all the caramel off first before eating the nougat base, or a Crunchie where by biting all the chocolate off first leaving the bare honeycomb.

As for Twix, they don't have much appeal.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is this a new packaging design or the shit U.S version where chocolate tastes rotten over there imo.

It looks like the yank version, further evidenced by the fact the chocolate looks like it has already passed through one digestive system.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

See I wouldn't buy it as by it's a very presence in the sandwich it's tainted the flavour

I'd Buy a B no LT but buying  a BLT and removing the LT is a huge no no

likewise Mrs H who thinks she can pass off  a cheese and cucumber sandwich that the kids didn't want on me by removing the cucumber ..you can't  , the cucumber has sullied the sandwich

I was assuming it was a gift 

Â