Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

a calendar based around a fictitious son of good seems logical :) .. I say we switch to 12,019 ( the video is form 2016 hence I've added  years)

Conjure up whatever alternative calendar you want :D 

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

News just in

Jadon Sancho has become the first player born in the Tonyh29th century to be called up to the England squad".

My centuries are counting down.

“News just in

Jadon Sancho has become the last player born in the PW21st century to be called up to the England Squad”

• Haha 1

On 13/01/2019 at 21:01, bickster said:

Pretty much standard on a Ford. I have both in my very basic Focus, so basic, it even has manual wind down windows in the back

My missus has just had a new Ecosport, no CD player anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

My missus has just had a new Ecosport, no CD player anymore.

Never use the one in mine tbh. DAB a must as is a USB for streaming and before someone mentions bluetooth for streaming, in my experience the audio quality suffers

Here's when that boring @Xela it tells us about his archaic BMW having a cassette.. and he'll probably drop a line in his post to let us know he was really poorly over Xmas.. the boring bitch 😴

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My car was new in 2017 and has a CD player. Never used it though. Everything is off the phone these days.

Everything? I have about 500 albums on an SD card in my phone. Almost invariably played on shuffle (bluetooth, the sound quality is fine as far as I'm concerned). Basically, "Radio Mooney". But that's just a fraction of my CD collection. What happens when I want to hear that old CD that isn't in there (typically long form stuff - classical, jazz, etc. - ideal for long solo road trips)? I need a CD player. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Here's when that boring @Xela it tells us about his archaic BMW having a cassette.. and he'll probably drop a line in his post to let us know he was really poorly over Xmas.. the boring bitch 😴

:D

I'm impressed you remember the cassette. Can you remember the make of it though? :detect: 

• Like 1

Every few weeks, the trams grind to a halt, because of people who are either blind, or intellectually deficient. Like this joker.

q7qr7g5q3ka21.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=f28d6822146f34ff2d5460088d54ebf0dc1aca2b

They've approached this road and thought "yup, I'll ignore the lane markings, no entry signs and tram only signs. This looks like the route for me." Then driven a couple of hundred meters up a railway presumably thinking "this is an odd road".

rzkhoAf.jpg

It deserves an immediate surrender of their licence.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My archaic Rover still has the original cassette player. It's built into the dash.  I put one of those cassette things that you can plug your phone into and use it like a USB. And I have a 6 CD changer in the glovebox.

FM radio is shit though. No decent music anywhere to be found. That's what pisses me off, the UK and it's shitty FM radio stations.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Everything? I have about 500 albums on an SD card in my phone. Almost invariably played on shuffle (bluetooth, the sound quality is fine as far as I'm concerned). Basically, "Radio Mooney". But that's just a fraction of my CD collection. What happens when I want to hear that old CD that isn't in there (typically long form stuff - classical, jazz, etc. - ideal for long solo road trips)? I need a CD player. 

Yeah but that's you.

My CD collection these days consists of about a dozen CDs. They're all shit and they're all on Spotify anyway.

I haven't bought physical music in about a decade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My CD collection these days consists of about a dozen CDs. They're all shit and they're all on Spotify anyway.

No physical media in my house. No CDs or DVDs. Stream everything. Like you haven't purchased music in ages. I'd say 12/13 years at a guess. 

I still have all my CDs, cassettes, VHS tapes and DVDs - in a storage unit. Not sure they're worth anything otherwise i'd sell them

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I still have all my CDs, cassettes, VHS tapes and DVDs - in a storage unit. Not sure they're worth anything otherwise i'd sell them

Music magpie will give you about 1p per item.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but that's you.

Yeah but that's you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â