Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I always used to be getting out of bed right at the time that Hawkins handed over to Keaveney, and the latter seemed to have a constant routine of being aggressively unpleasant about it. I think it was some kind of joke, but as always with people who are 'joking' about being a clearing in the woods, to the observer who wasn't there at the genesis of the joke it just seems like that's who you actually are. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

Andy Murray the main headline on the BBC 6 o'clock news. 

Sportsman gets an injury and looks like retiring. Big **** ing deal. Put it in the sports news at the end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I think it's quite surprising that radio seems to be still going strong with podcasts and spotify etc.

Do people still phone up to request songs on some stations, surely that's died?

I listen to radio when I work from home. The talking helps me with my crushing loneliness and occasionally they play a great song I'd forgotten about!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I listen to radio when I work from home. The talking helps me with my crushing loneliness and occasionally they play a great song I'd forgotten about!

My wife has to have Radio 4 on, pretty much 24/7, in multiple rooms, even if she's not in there. Drives me **** ing crazy. 

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Andy Murray the main headline on the BBC 6 o'clock news. 

Sportsman gets an injury and looks like retiring. Big **** ing deal. Put it in the sports news at the end. 

This, he's retiring, not **** dying.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife has to have Radio 4 on, pretty much 24/7, in multiple rooms, even if she's not in there. Drives me **** ing crazy. 

My other half has the radio on in the kitchen from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed. Even when we're sitting watching tv, it's still on in the other room. Thankfully it's 6Music so I don't mind too much but I've hidden all the radios in my house just in case she starts it here too.

1 hour ago, choffer said:

My other half has the radio on in the kitchen from the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to bed. Even when we're sitting watching tv, it's still on in the other room. Thankfully it's 6Music so I don't mind too much but I've hidden all the radios in my house just in case she starts it here too.

I feel your pain. Watching TV in the living room. She goes into the kitchen for 30 seconds, puts the radio on, comes back in and sits down. I can hear the irritating murmuring, so I get up and go and switch it off. Rinse and repeat all evening. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I feel your pain. Watching TV in the living room. She goes into the kitchen for 30 seconds, puts the radio on, comes back in and sits down. I can hear the irritating murmuring, so I get up and go and switch it off. Rinse and repeat all evening. 

You've just reminded me why I am happily single.  ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You've just reminded me why I am happily single.  ;)

Yes, but just think about the lack of sex. 

Oh wait, that's another downside to being married... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

People who schedule things during normal working hours, and then are surprised that you can't go to them/deal with them/whatever. 

Sorry you weren’t in today at 2pm to receive your package. 

We’ll try again tomorrow at 2pm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

'What do you mean, you can't attend our jobs fair on changing professions at 3PM next Thursday?'

Flat viewings when I was in the market for flat (to rent) were the worst.

"Yes we have a slot tomorrow at 10am"

"Right, well we both have jobs so that doesn't work. Have you got anything after 5pm?"

"No. We can do between 9 and 11 on Thursday?"

**** OFF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'What do you mean, you can't attend our jobs fair on changing professions at 3PM next Thursday?'

I was asked yesterday to confirm whether I was attending a meeting next Wednesday:

me: Where is it?

them: to be confirmed

me: Well, where roughly, what city?

them: once we know the attendees we can best sort out the location

me: yeahhhh.....no

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

People who look at your outlook diary and go and put a meeting in there without asking you first, it's as though they think you're just sitting there not doing any actual work during those 'free' slots.

On a similar note, people who feel the need to email you back to tell you they'll be attending a meeting when all they had to do was click the attending link in the invite email

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People who look at your outlook diary and go and put a meeting in there without asking you first, it's as though they think you're just sitting there not doing any actual work during those 'free' slots.

Don’t you have the opportunity to decline the meeting invite?

1 hour ago, bickster said:

On a similar note, people who feel the need to email you back to tell you they'll be attending a meeting when all they had to do was click the attending link in the invite email

Don’t think I’ve ever had that in thousands of meetings 

Â