Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Brix Smith on round table

Haha, I think she's funny because she's just batshit crazy

But if you want something that's really pissing me off with 6Music right now... the trailer for Mary Ann Hobbs new morning show. Hell I've never heard anything so earnestly pretentious in all my life

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haha, I think she's funny because she's just batshit crazy

But if you want something that's really pissing me off with 6Music right now... the trailer for Mary Ann Hobbs new morning show. Hell I've never heard anything so earnestly pretentious in all my life

I switched off the Mary Ann Hobbs show today - her breathy, dripping voice was too much to handle, let alone the guff she was warbling on about.

She sounds like the female Brian Cox.. 

however, the Shaun Keaveny show has transitioned well to the afternoon slot. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

however, the Shaun Keaveny show has transitioned well to the afternoon slot. 

I'm unlikely to find out, I think he's an absolute prick. Even though I'm not Laverne's greatest fan, I am trialling the breakfast show on the way to work, not listened to it since Keavney took the slot. Jury's still out though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm unlikely to find out, I think he's an absolute prick. Even though I'm not Laverne's greatest fan, I am trialling the breakfast show on the way to work, not listened to it since Keavney took the slot. Jury's still out though

I quite like keaveny on the radio (don’t know much about him otherwise) - what makes you dislike him so much? 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I quite like keaveny on the radio (don’t know much about him otherwise) - what makes you dislike him so much? 

His show, his miserablist persona, it's definitely something he's worked on and it/he just comes across as not genuine. It rubs up against me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

His show, his miserablist persona, it's definitely something he's worked on and it/he just comes across as not genuine. It rubs up against me.

Fair enough! I don’t mind that so much (certainly more palatable than Chris Evans in the morning!!!)

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Fair enough! I don’t mind that so much (certainly more palatable than Chris Evans in the morning!!!)

They should bring Porky the Poet sorry, younger viewers will know him as Phil Jupitus, back. The breakfast show was great back then. Anyone that plays Curtain Call (all 17 minutes of it) during the peak hour of 8-9 and doesn't care is alright by me. That's breaking the rules not Shaun refusing to be happy

• Like 3

I don't know so much about the above but what is really yanking my chain is the fact that i can no longer listen to Absolute (in particular the sumptuously gorgeous milf sarah champion 😍) on my non-DAB car radio. It's been replaced by something called greatest hits fm and seems to be populated by "used to be famous" DJ types such as Mark Goodier and the like.  I am fuming !!!!

Ah well, back to stalking/following Ms Champion on Instagram 😜

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I don't know so much about the above but what is really yanking my chain is the fact that i can no longer listen to Absolute (in particular the sumptuously gorgeous milf sarah champion 😍) on my non-DAB car radio. It's been replaced by something called greatest hits fm and seems to be populated by "used to be famous" DJ types like Mark Goodier and the like.  I am fuming !!!!

Ah well, back to stalking/following Ms Champion on Instagram 😜

Same here (not the stalking bit though). Bloody annoying.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

They should bring Porky the Poet sorry, younger viewers will know him as Phil Jupitus, back. The breakfast show was great back then. Anyone that plays Curtain Call (all 17 minutes of it) during the peak hour of 8-9 and doesn't care is alright by me. That's breaking the rules not Shaun refusing to be happy

I don't listen to any music radio (outside of R3), but the 17 minute Curtain Call gets my vote. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’d never heard of her before but yes. Yes. 

Good man ! I justify my admiration by stating she is a good DJ, doesn't prattle on and can act as well.

The fact that she has a wazzle pair of jugs too is a bonus 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Bill Juniper played good music, but talked far too much. I could just about bear listening. Keaveney, dreadful. Hawkins/Laverne, so far ok. Will prolly go back to the iPod though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:
28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I think it's quite surprising that radio seems to be still going strong with podcasts and spotify etc.

Do people still phone up to request songs on some stations, surely that's died?

Nope, 6Music even has a show full of "Suggestions" on a particular theme every Sunday evening

RadMac have the Chain, which is essentially a request slot, as long as you can use your brain to link the song you want to the previous one in the chain and they haven't played it in the chain before

It's usually done by email these days though

I'd have thought requests are more relevant than ever now that radio stations are forced almost by default to play the generic godawful shite from the charts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Once Radio 1 decided I was too old for them I switched to Shaun Keaveny and enjoyed it, but there seemed to come a point where his listenership figures started increasing rapidly (I assume for the same reasons I switched) and he went a bit too far with his schtick and it got a bit grating.  I've not listened to Lauren Laverne on the breakfast show, I used to hate listening to her old show.

Â