Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I went to McDonalds with the kids on new years eve (their choice). They've absolutely ruined the place (not the kids).

Before: Walk in, tell cashier what you want, cashier gets the food. Pay, get a table.

Now: Walk in, use a self service machine which takes 5x as long as the cashier. Then wait for it to be prepared with a massive herd of angry customers blocking the front of the store. It genuinely took about 25-30 minutes to get my order.

Who on earth thought it needed fixing?

Go through drive-thru, get food, park up, walk inside and eat

I went in one the other morning (for a piss), thought I'd grab a coffee whilst I was in there, it was dead compared to normal. Went to machine, its illogical (there's no button that says order complete) Gave up walked out. Plenty of people getting served in the drive-thru (convinced drive-thru gets priority)

I love the McDonalds touch screens, gives you a chance to have a little scroll through the menu rather than picking when you're ordering. I've never had to wait more than usual either. Plus, you don't have to use them, you can still go up to the till.

The thing about the screens having traces of fecal matter isn't great, but to be honest, I suspect there's shite everywhere. Door handles, cash points, public transport. You wouldn't leave the house if you worried about that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I love the McDonalds touch screens, gives you a chance to have a little scroll through the menu rather than picking when you're ordering. I've never had to wait more than usual either. Plus, you don't have to use them, you can still go up to the till.

The thing about the screens having traces of fecal matter isn't great, but to be honest, I suspect there's shite everywhere. Door handles, cash points, public transport. You wouldn't leave the house if you worried about that kind of stuff.

Yeah I was gonna say similar. I imagine there's traces of shit on everything.

Also if you're eating fast food then there's a good chance you're eating actual shit anyway.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

The famous one from a few years ago - totally unverifiable of course - was that the average office desk had more harmful bacteria than the toilets at the Glastonbury festival. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

For people who have severe OCD this is very much the case. 

33 minutes ago, coda said:

Every McDonald's touchscreen tested had traces of shit on it. Bon appetit.

Can you quote your source for this information, please?Just in case it’s BS that’s easy to spread via the internet to suit certain agenda. For example, the 6 legged chickens, supposedly bred by KFC for years, have yet to be ratified.

Whilst I wash my hands before eating in a public place (including pulling doors open with sleeve ends), the word ‘trace’ is often used to mean insignificant amount. Cash will often have a trace of faeces on it. The smell you inadvertently inhale through your nostrils and in to your lungs after someone has farted, contains trace faeces.

In summary, if one is very sensitive about hygiene, wash hands before eating anywhere because there are traces of many things everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also if you're eating fast food then there's a good chance you're eating actual shit anyway.

The large fast food chains have worker hygiene processes that are, or at least should be, monitored. I suspect there are more independent and non-fast food outlets where worker hygiene is worse.

As for the public, I have eaten at so called “fine dining” establishments and witnessed blokes returning to their table directly from their toilet cubicle. 💩 I don’t think fast food chains have the monopoly on questionable hygiene.

Just now, brommy said:

The large fast food chains have worker hygiene processes that are, or at least should be, monitored. I suspect there are more independent and non-fast food outlets where worker hygiene is worse.

As for the public, I have eaten at so called “fine dining” establishments and witnessed blokes returning to their table directly from their toilet cubicle. 💩 I don’t think fast food chains have the monopoly on questionable hygiene.

I wasn't referencing hygiene. I meant the food will contain actual shit.

But you're right, that wouldn't be limited to fast food either.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

i've been eating hula hoops immediately after scratching my arse for years, so I'm not worried.

I hope you are eating them as my child self did - pretending they are rings and biting them off your fingers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brommy said:

I hope you are eating them as my child self did - pretending they are rings and biting them off your fingers.

That's exactly what i was getting at :D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brommy said:

Can you quote your source for this information, please?Just in case it’s BS that’s easy to spread via the internet to suit certain agenda.

I think he was referring to this

Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen swabbed in an investigation by metro.co.uk. Samples were taken from the new machines that have been rolled out at restaurants across the country – every one of them had coliforms.

Senior lecturer in microbiology at London Metropolitan University Dr Paul Matewele said: ‘We were all surprised how much gut and faecal bacteria there was on the touchscreen machines. These cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

I think the changes in McDonald’s are only better if it’s quiet. It’s not nice having to scroll through the screens if there’s people waiting to use them and huffing. Then all standing around like its Argos for your number to be called even though there is no actual official waiting area.

Maybe they were having a disaster when I went but there were a good 12-15 people all hanging around the desk waiting for food for over 20 mins.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the changes in McDonald’s are only better if it’s quiet. It’s not nice having to scroll through the screens if there’s people waiting to use them and huffing. Then all standing around like its Argos for your number to be called even though there is no actual official waiting area.

Maybe they were having a disaster when I went but there were a good 12-15 people all hanging around the desk waiting for food for over 20 mins.

I think if there was a wait of 20 minutes in McDonalds then there are other issues that the ordering system. 

Â