Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't remember the last time I went to a game and didn't hear disgusting homophobic or racist comments. I presume it's similar at all clubs, but there's a lot of scum in the crowd. 

I'm normally in the Upper Doug and it's pretty sedate in there. I genuinely haven't heard anything like this before. The guy was relentless

19 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Nancy Pelosi,  a poor man's Hyacinth Bucket who I am pretty sure is mentally unwell.

I can't stand anything about her. 

If she goes in any small way in keeping a mad man in check I will take it. 

• Like 1

It's no consolation if you're sitting next to them, but tbf, in a crowd of 30,000-odd they're a small minority. 

I assume that a Swansea crowd would have a few fans giving out similar abuse about the English. 

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Nah, it's not chickening out @HanoiVillan it's knowing when's the wrong time to engage with a moron. Generally, you're family being present makes it the wrong time if you're not confident it won't escalate out of control.

Reminds me of the poor guy on the train last week stabbed in front of his 14 year old son. I’ve no idea on the circumstance but could easily have been a scenario of confronting some prick that cost him his life. Just have to walk away sadly.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Reminds me of the poor guy on the train last week stabbed in front of his 14 year old son. I’ve no idea on the circumstance but could easily have been a scenario of confronting some prick that cost him his life. Just have to walk away sadly.

That's what I was thinking. Far too many scumbags tooled up now. I keep my head down. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They're not breaking any rules, but opposition fans in on topic.

I can't imagine being arrogant enough to presume that fans of another club that have congregated on a site specifically to talk among themselves would give a **** about my opinion. 

It's one of the reasons there is an ignore function.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 17:46, HanoiVillan said:

I apologise if this is too 'On Topic', but it does piss me off and I deliberately don't want to put it in the post-match thread, but . . . 

I was sat next to a family at the game today. There seemed to be three generations there, the youngest being pretty small kids. The dad was steaming drunk, and spent the entire game yelling at full volume an endless series of anti-Welsh slurs, focused monotonously on the allegation that Welsh people have sex with sheep. This was endless, and at constantly screamed.

I remember @chrisp65 - and where is he by they way? - saying before that anti-Welsh bigotry appears to be common and voiced regularly by people who wouldn't dare say the same things about other groups, but really the hate was every bit as a strong as if he'd been throwing a banana on the pitch. Although frankly I'm not sure this guy was so reticent, since he also loudly yelled at El Ghazi to '**** off back to Egypt or wherever you're from' as well. 

I know that some people are going to say 'this is just a part of English football culture' or some shit, and imply that I'm a hopeless middle-class flaneur for being disgusted at a man yelling about having sex with animals in front of his children, but that's all just bullshit really. 

I left in disgust after 70 minutes. The disgust was as much as anything targeted at myself for being too pussy to call him for it. 

I'm glad this has been brought up because I had a similar experience in the lower holte at the QPR game.

Young lad behind me aged about 7 or 8 with his family, looked like parents and grand parents. Anyway his squeaky voiced shouting abuse was quite lame, some of it mildly amusing at first but soon got tedious. During the second half he starts telling everyone sat round him that his head teacher is gay and goes to gay bars. His family seem quite interested in this gossip and ask for more details. So the young boy continues to state the fact that the teacher is gay, repeats this statement about 15-20 times at a high volume some everyone sat nearby can hear. Not once did his parents/grandparents tell him to shut up, in fact they just seemed proud of the lad.

Left the ground thinking why bother going anymore, do most parents let that kind of hate come out of their kid's mouths these days?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm normally in the Upper Doug and it's pretty sedate in there. I genuinely haven't heard anything like this before. The guy was relentless

Never sat there to be fair.

I'm usually in the Holte for the atmosphere, and when we're winning the place can be bouncing, but when we're not, the sheer rage and hatred that comes out of people due to a game of football not going their way is astonishing.

I had the misfortune of sitting in the family area against QPR and had (presumably) a mother and father sat behind me referring to the QPR players as a bunch of meatballs made from offal,  while their young lad was sat between them. Poor kid doesn't have a chance.

Edited by Davkaus

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm usually in the Holte for the atmosphere, and when we're winning the place can be bouncing, but when we're not, the sheer rage and hatred that comes out of people due to a game of football not going their way is astonishing.

That reminds me of another big reason that stops me from going. The fact that your own fans can and do turn on each other simply for voicing different opinions on players/tactics. Heck, even giving someone the wrong look is enough justification for some boneheads to start a scrap, often booze-related.

Edited by mottaloo

20 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

That reminds me of another big reason that stops me from going. The fact that your own fans can and do turn on each other simply for voicing different opinions on players/tactics. Heck, even giving someone the wrong look is enough justification for some boneheads to start a scrap, often booze-related.

I'm glad I don't go anymore. 

• Like 2

I went to McDonalds with the kids on new years eve (their choice). They've absolutely ruined the place (not the kids).

Before: Walk in, tell cashier what you want, cashier gets the food. Pay, get a table.

Now: Walk in, use a self service machine which takes 5x as long as the cashier. Then wait for it to be prepared with a massive herd of angry customers blocking the front of the store. It genuinely took about 25-30 minutes to get my order.

Who on earth thought it needed fixing?

• Like 1

To be honest, in my very limited experience of mcDonalds, it seems to work a lot better.

There's loads of machines, so there's less queuing. Then you just wait a minute while they bag your food up and go.

Don't really see the issue to be honest. Anything that means I have to speak to less people to get my food is ok in my book.

I've not been when it's busy though so maybe I just got lucky.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to McDonalds with the kids on new years eve (their choice). They've absolutely ruined the place (not the kids).

Before: Walk in, tell cashier what you want, cashier gets the food. Pay, get a table.

Now: Walk in, use a self service machine which takes 5x as long as the cashier. Then wait for it to be prepared with a massive herd of angry customers blocking the front of the store. It genuinely took about 25-30 minutes to get my order.

Who on earth thought it needed fixing?

I first discovered this a few years ago at Euro Disney and at the time thought wtf is this??

Apparantly, It's designed to speed up the order process, yet it now takes longer to get your order.

I'd go back to the drawing board with that one, as it's the biggest pile of shite I have witnessed. - If it's not broken, don't fix it.

p.s, I avoid McDonalds and only go when I have my daughter with me on odd occasions and even then it's 'drive thru'.

• Like 1

Nah I prefer the machines in McDonald's, easy to customise your order and the ticket system where you wait for your order is better than you used to have to wait awkwardly to one side and wait for them to bellow out your order.  It's a bit like the self service passport things, takes a couple of times to get the hang of it but better in the long run.

• Like 3

Â