Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, coda said:

I'm a little underwhelmed by Ultima Thule.

Having beamed the photos back 4 billion miles I was more underwhelmed by BT who can’t get me a high speed broadband connection even though I’m a few hundred yards from the junction box 

16 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Some people at my place were even sending e-mails on Xmas Day.

Forget that - if I'm on leave then I'm not going to be looking at e-mails until I return to the office.

I got a tatering this morning for not having provided a written update on a situation that happened over Christmas. I politely reminded my boss that the issue occurred on Christmas Eve, when I was on leave and that I'd spent 14 hours resolving the situation that was someone else's error (when I was on leave), I'd updated all staff multiple times during the issue (when I was on leave) and the issue was fixed by me (when I was on leave). Although I'd done all this (when I was on leave), I was not then going to then spend an hour (when I was on leave), writing up a pointless form that will get read by nobody and then filed. She harrumphed but grudgingly thanked me.

Silver lining - I bunked off two days already this week to get my time back.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, choffer said:

I got a tatering this morning for not having provided a written update on a situation that happened over Christmas. I politely reminded my boss that the issue occurred on Christmas Eve, when I was on leave and that I'd spent 14 hours resolving the situation that was someone else's error (when I was on leave), I'd updated all staff multiple times during the issue (when I was on leave) and the issue was fixed by me (when I was on leave). Although I'd done all this (when I was on leave), I was not then going to then spend an hour (when I was on leave), writing up a pointless form that will get read by nobody and then filed. She harrumphed but grudgingly thanked me.

Silver lining - I bunked off two days already this week to get my time back.

My answer would have been

"As that happened on Christmas Eve and I finished on the 22nd I have no **** idea what you're talking about"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In my last year at work, I had a newly appointed arsehole of a line manager. I booked my annual leave via the usual system, months in advance. He was supposed to authorise it (or refuse it if he had any exceptional reason to do so - this had almost never been known to happen). He chose to completely ignore it, despite my reminding him. Ho hum. Comes the summer, and I take my holiday. Strolling along the beach, I get a text from HIS boss, asking where I was (asshat had reported me for taking 'unauthorised' leave). I replied that I was on holiday, and that I would ignore any futher texts, and see her when I got back. Which I did. I told her she could issue me with a formal warning, which would involve wasting time with HR - whom I judged would not be impressed - and I wouldn't give a flying shit, as I was retiring after 28 years service, in six months time. Or alternatively tell my line manager to have a word with himself about being an pompous clearing in the woods. She conceded the point, and I heard no more about it. 

This boss of your line manager should have asked him where you were instead of sending you a text. If I was her, I'd have been pissed off at having to do his work. He would then have either shot himself in the foot or shut up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

This boss of your line manager should have asked him where you were instead of sending you a text. If I was her, I'd have been pissed off at having to do his work. He would then have either shot himself in the foot or shut up

She knew perfectly well where I was, but all she'd been told was that I'd taken unauthorised leave. It was only when I went to see her that she saw the big picture - that it was just himself playing Johnny Big Bollocks, and that I really didn't care anyway, as long as I didn't get work calls on my holiday. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

as long as I didn't get work calls on my holiday. 

One for the 'Cheers you up' thread.  Telling people I'm on my holidays and that I won't be able to help them when they ring me on my holidays.

I seem to have picked up an annoying habit where upon meeting someone who shares the name of a famous song, I start humming the tune in my head and eventually aloud.  There is a huge new Hungarian lady at work called Victoria and I keep catching myself singing the Kinks song.  I'm worried she'll think I fancy her or something.  It happened before with a girl called Edon, who made me think of that Garden of Eden song Bart gave out as hymn sheets in The Simpsons.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went out on Boxing Day. 

I got stopped at the door by the bouncer. 

Him: "You can't come in like that"

Me: "Oh... can I ask why?"

Him: "It's an R'n'B and hip hop night so you can't come in without a collar"

This pissed me off. That's well hip hop isn't it? Ah remember when Tupac and Dre were knocking about all the time in their shirt and tie? 
Dickheads.

(as it happened he was sound and let me in but it still annoyed me! Dress codes like that are dumb anyway)

Awaits the no socks jokes

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I seem to have picked up an annoying habit where upon meeting someone who shares the name of a famous song, I start humming the tune in my head and eventually aloud.  There is a huge new Hungarian lady at work called Victoria and I keep catching myself singing the Kinks song.  I'm worried she'll think I fancy her or something.  It happened before with a girl called Edon, who made me think of that Garden of Eden song Bart gave out as hymn sheets in The Simpsons.  

Ah yes.  Eye Ron Butterfly.

• Like 2

When American pundits and commentators are pronouncing European footballer's names and they put an accent on it all the time. Instead of saying Zidane it's "Zidonne" Ronaldo is "Rownaldo"

They are probably correct in their pronunciation and it's probably more respectful than the way we just pronounce it in a British accent.....BUT IS PISSES ME OFF.

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When American pundits and commentators are pronouncing European footballer's names and they put an accent on it all the time. Instead of saying Zidane it's "Zidonne" Ronaldo is "Rownaldo"

They are probably correct in their pronunciation and it's probably more respectful than the way we just pronounce it in a British accent.....BUT IS PISSES ME OFF.

On a similar theme,  I actually like the way spanish/south american players and managers pronounce the word 'season'

They say "seasON" whereas we say "seasUn".

Each to their own I guess...

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just sing The Fall's version and she'll think you hate her

• Like 3

had an interview at the start of october, i thought it went ok, it was via skype which i hated but it was ok, they were very positive during the meeting, when could you start, when could you do a 2nd face to face interview etc, then nothing, then they tweaked the job description on their website, then i saw on linkedin it got picked up by another couple of agencies, then tweaked again, and again, just seen on the agency website they've changed the description of the job for the 4th time 2 weeks ago, they've increased the wages on offer by £15k too

this is huge international company, obviously interviewing candidates not being 100% sold and refining the description, its not a high demand position either

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It is but she won't think he's trying to romanceah her ah if he singsah it in a Markah E SmithAh voice  :mrgreen:

Three little girls with only 50 pence. Had to take, had to put the curly wurly back.

Â