Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Christmas work doo last night.  I restrained myself from going mad and put up with the 3 hours or so of attempting to be happy amongst others who were hell-bent on getting absolutely wasted as quickly as possible (I knew I had to be in work today for meetings).  Turned up to work today, knowing full well that they had set their calendars as "working from home".  Did a few a checks at ~1PM and not one of them had turned up online.  Gits. 

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Another friend and ex-work colleague died of cancer yesterday. He was older than me, and had been ill for a while, so it wasn't exactly unexpected, but jeez... He was a really top bloke, and massively talented as a writer, artist and musician, probably the most intelligent person I've ever met. 

Been a pisser of a year, this. 

Sorry to hear of the sad news. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

Christmas work do last night.  I restrained myself from going mad and put up with the 3 hours or so of attempting to be happy amongst others who were hell-bent on getting absolutely wasted as quickly as possible.

Is this largely a generational/phase thing ? I mean, I'm in my early 50s now and I used to love xmas office parties where I'd put my best suit on (by the way, the dress code amongst blokes seems so much more laid back - going to a xmas dinner in t shirt and designer jeans, whereas the ladies still glam up 🤔). 

Now though, I just can't be bothered. "Book a room and stay over !" I'm told. Yeah, but don't you all realise you're still over the limit when you drive off the next morning ? 

I dunno; i guess I grew out of it all. Drink has never been a big part of my life and being instant mates with Geoff from IT just cos I'm sitting next to him at the dinner table when 364 days of the year i can't stand him just doesn't do it for me.

Meh.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Is this largely a generational/phase thing ? I mean, I'm in my early 50s now and I used to love xmas office parties where I'd put my best suit on (by the way, the dress code amongst blokes seems so much more laid back - going to a xmas dinner in t shirt and designer jeans, whereas the ladies still glam up 🤔). 

Now though, I just can't be bothered. "Book a room and stay over !" I'm told. Yeah, but don't you all realise you're still over the limit when you drive off the next morning ? 

I dunno; i guess I grew out of it all. Drink has never been a big part of my life and being instant mates with Geoff from IT just cos I'm sitting next to him at the dinner table when 364 days of the year i can't stand him just doesn't do it for me.

Meh.

The most awkward Christmas work do I had was when my line manager organised cocaine for anyone who wanted it (which I didn't).  How he never got sacked for it I don't know.

• Like 1

mines tonight, decided about an hour ago not to bother turning up, its in bewdley which is an awful location, theres a few staying in hotels in kiddy but even then its a ball ache to get across in taxis and theres a lot of couples this year (which for me in the construction industry is a shit idea) and more than a fair few who are being driven there by their wives, usually at this stage i would have started at about 2pm and be 6/7 pints down but theres just a general lack of interest from everyone, its not worth tomorrow's hangover

I found out earlier this week that I'm not going to our work do in London tonight. I replied to the email invitation, which had in capital letters in the subject line 'NO FURTHER ACTION REQUIRED', but which subsequently turns out to have been merely a prompt to organise my own transport with the transport department and accommodation with the accommodation department and blah blah dearie me, I don't even like these people. 

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Close, it was in baking back when I worked for a larger company.  I half think the top bosses actively sought people who were either off their tits or plain mental.

Those bakers have a reputation for getting off their cobs. Warburton's or Kingsmill?

31 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Those bakers have a reputation for getting off their cobs. Warburton's or Kingsmill?

You're on a roll now...

Â